“Las Vegas Turn-Around”

Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #103 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I made a quick get-away to Las Vegas for some good food and entertainment. Using Hilton Honors points we stayed at the Tropicana. Grounds, pool and casino were beautiful but the room fell below expectations. Although it was recently renovated it was just uncomfortable. Probably wouldn't return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Brion S
Write a ReviewReviews (12,121)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I loved the new Tropicana, really good value and has everything you need
Big bonus was that being smaller than some of the big name casinos I've stayed in it was more relaxed and there was always room at the pool. Beach cafe is a great restaurant and the rooms are lovely.
Hotel was great. Customer service was great also. Richard at the front desk checked me in and made my day with great service. Hotel was very clean and nice. I will definitely stay again. Everything was in walking distance so I got to see some of Vegas. Glad we stayed there. Valet service was great.

Room Tip: Rooms on back sick of hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Located at the end of the strip you are still very much a part of everything about Las Vegas but this location allows you to remove yourself for a quieter time which suited us perfectly. Loved the fact the casino and bar area were smaller than other Vegas Hotels and there were definately no complaints about the quality of food in the restaurant. Rooms were well serviced and all that was required. Pool area was awesome.

Room Tip: Query the price difference between a balconied room by the pool as opposed to no balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a girls trip to Vegas in early July for our birthdays. I really liked the Tropicana. The casino is bright which is different than most of the other casinos. I think it is all of the white walls and accents. The beach bar food from the menu was good and reasonable. The lunch buffet was terrible though. The food was stale and there was a limited selection. It was nice to have Starbucks in the hotel.

We originally were placed in the far tower which was quite a walk but my friends water was not working so we were moved to the paradise tower which was much better. If you are going to stay here choose the paradise tower.

The room in the club tower was relatively clean only there were hairs in the shower and tub which was gross. I don't know why some hotels can't get this right. Hairs in the bathroom are one of the biggest concerns for hotel housekeeping staff. There was a smell of must in the room also and when I asked the housekeeper about the smell. She said it smelled more like rotten milk and left. After moving to the paradise tower it was much better. The room was clean.

The hotel was fine and as good as any other hotel I have stayed at. It wasn't amazing for sure but good. I have stayed at Bellagio, Wynn, New York New York, MGM and now Tropicana. I think the rooms here are as good as the others. The casino is small but that is not a bad thing. I think they appreciate your play a lot more when there is not as much business. The comps were pretty good.

The major issue I had with the hotel was a charge on my credit card that was invalid. I had to call three times after I got home over three weeks to rectify the issue. It was like they didn't believe me even when I sent a screen shot of my credit card bill to the front desk staff. I think they have a very complicated billing system or a lot of the staff don't know how to work it. I eventually was credited back the charge.

When I was there I was assigned a casino host and thought I would receive some offers to come back by now, but it has been a month and no contact. I know other people who didn't have a host who got free stay offers a week after returning. I find that weird but who knows.

All in all I would stay at this hotel again. It was reasonably priced, bright and a good location.

Room Tip: Choose the paradise tower.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Fantastic location with great rooms. We stayed on a Sunday and we're very surprised to find a DJ playing by the pool - party atmosphere. Sundays were never the same after that. We did not eat in the hotel as there was just so much choice around and too much to see.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My friends and I stayed there for almost a week and we just loved it! Very different from the theme hotels, everything there was pretty clear and clean. Great service from restaurants and pool area. So nice after a day of long walks to arrive there and have a nice atmosphere to relax before enjoying the night! And it's some steps away from New York New York and Excalibur.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stopped here for a large company conference in January 2014. It has every facility you can need. If you've not stopped in Vegas before (I hadn't) then the culture will be a shock - slot machines everywhere, and the whole city is a cross between Blackpool with sunshine and Disney World. . . . but if that's your bag you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business