“Viva Las Tropicana!”

Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #97 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Viva Las Tropicana!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The moment I arrived, the whole property smelled of coconut and pineapple! It made me feel like I was either in Hawaii, or I'd just dove into apina colada. There was staff there right away to point me in the right direction and help me with my bags. I actually got in the wrong line to check-in, but the staff was so nice that they helped me anyways. I arrived a few hours early and was just going to ask if I could store my bags until my room was ready. But they found me an open room and got me in right away! That was the start of my bloody Mary binge at the hotel bar. The bartender was so friendly and chatted with me for awhile since I was alone and waiting for the rest of my party to arrive. This trip was for my 27th bday btw. Great service the whole time! I stayed 3 nights. I actually got stuck in the bathroom of my hotel room the day of my birthday. They sent staff up to free me within 10 minutes. And they fixed the whole door while I was gone so that it would be fine when I got back from dinner. They even extended my checkout the next day, no charge! I would recommend the Tropicana to anyone visiting Vegas! It's in the perfect location for walking around and sightseeing, but also has plenty of fun and shows within the hotel! Plus, it felt like a mini island getaway. I'm currently planning my next trip there!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Donna K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,670)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
El Dorado, Kansas
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights. It was ok. We were hit with RESORT fees when we checked. We bought a hotel package thru Allegiant Airlines and come to find out we had to $19.99 for each day stayed. We didn't even use any resort amenities. The choice of food is very slim in this resort. Dress codes for their two fancy hotels. We came as vacationers (shorts, shirts & flip flops) We were told that dress was not appropriate for those two restaurants. Not a lot of variety of slot machines like the bigger hotels. Slots didn't pay off at all for us, thank goodness they have a little match play (Advertisement is misleading).

Room Tip: Try and get off the strip as the strip lights shined thru our room at night.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy67042
uk
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I like this hotel. As other have mentioned it is brighter and lighter than many other Las Vegas hotels. The rooms were great and very clean. We stayed in the paradise tower which is more convenient to the hotel services/casino. Nice service in the hotel bar. What I didn't like and what I really cannot understand is the lack of unlimited free wifi. It's 2014 ! Undoubtedly hotels without unlimited free wifi will increasingly lose business. So please give us it ! Oh, the pool music was pretty iffy too. Was expecting Don Johnson to appear at any moment. 80's Don Johnson of course. But I would recommend the Tropicana. It does have something. I liked it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Hopeyopi10
Rathdrum, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

When we arrived, there were 2 lines for check in; I went to the Hilton Honors line. There were 2 agents at the HH counter; one was on the phone, and the other was typing. I waited in line for about 5 minutes without being acknowledged; I went to the agent that was not on the phone, and she didn't say a word. She simply got up and went in the back. So, I stood there waiting for the gal to get off the phone. When she got off the phone, another guest cut the line and she started yelling at him to go talk to someone else (he had obviously brought some issue to her attention). She yelled at him back and forth for a minute, then stated it was not her problem, and limped to the back to never be seen again. So, I stood at the counter with my family for another 15 minutes before a younger guy came out, was obviously stressed, and offered to help me (at this point there was probably 20 people in line behind me, all frustrated). He looked up my reservation and stated that he didn't have any rooms with 2 beds (as I had booked), so I asked for an upgrade (which he gave me). The room was fine - a bit dated, but was OK. I just couldn't believe the check in and the attitude from the staff; it's not what I would expect from a Hilton property, and I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

4 Thank Ernest C
Trop L, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Ernest C,

Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay. I am glad we were able to speak in more detail about your stay and come to a proper resolution. We thank you again and truly look forward to your next visit with us!

- Guest Relations Team
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at the Tropicana with my boyfriend in July 2014. The hotel is in a great location at the end of the strip. The Reception area and casino are bright, white, clean and refreshing. The rooms are a good size and clean and look quite new. In the second week we were upgraded to a bungalow with a balcony looking out onto the pool. This was perfect. It was like you were not in Vegas, which at times is what you need.
The pool is great and you are given free towels and water. We didnt use the restaurants but they did look lovely.
The front desk and bell desk were really helpful. I had a serious problem to deal with and a Bell desk worker called Jessica was amazing and really helpful. In fact all the staff that i came across were polite and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again. It is on the strip but not in the strip which is lovely. Thanks Trop for a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: Try and get a Bungalow with pool view. (Upgrades are available a lot i think, there is even a number...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank iluvholidays33
Riverside, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I made a quick get-away to Las Vegas for some good food and entertainment. Using Hilton Honors points we stayed at the Tropicana. Grounds, pool and casino were beautiful but the room fell below expectations. Although it was recently renovated it was just uncomfortable. Probably wouldn't return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Brion S
San Diego, California
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I loved the new Tropicana, really good value and has everything you need
Big bonus was that being smaller than some of the big name casinos I've stayed in it was more relaxed and there was always room at the pool. Beach cafe is a great restaurant and the rooms are lovely.
Hotel was great. Customer service was great also. Richard at the front desk checked me in and made my day with great service. Hotel was very clean and nice. I will definitely stay again. Everything was in walking distance so I got to see some of Vegas. Glad we stayed there. Valet service was great.

Room Tip: Rooms on back sick of hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family