Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$216
US$144
US$189
US$144
  • Pool
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$310
US$264
US$102
US$62
US$304
US$260
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$124
  • Pool
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$112
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$208
  • Restaurant
Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$112
Hotels.com
Downtown Grand, an Ascend Collection Hotel(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$59
AscendHotels
12,442 results
All reviewsclub towerparadise towerbeach cafepool areaother hotelssouth end of the stripnew york new yorkclose to the airportlong walkfood courtgreat poolmandalay baycasino floorself parkingslot machinesstrip viewbungalow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stop at the Tropicana for two nights during our weeks vacation to Las Vegas. At the point of check in, my in-laws were given a standard room on the 12th floor and we we're supposed to have the same. For some reason, we were given a room on the 15th floor which we didn't really have a problem with. When the father-in-law enquired as to where their coffee making facilities and fridge were, reception told them that this would be an extra charge if they wanted a coffee machine priced at $9.99 and staff could not understand why we had been given the room upgrade.

Having coffee making facilities is a must in every hotel room and should not be an extra charge. I have never been to any hotel in any country where this is not provided (excluding all inclusive hotels of course).

The hotel itself is clean, tidy and the staff appear friendly enough. We only sampled the breakfast within the complex which was quite pricey. There were a range of things which could be chosen from the menu, but you are best opting for the buffet breakfast priced at $21 per person as this includes unlimited food and drink which is cheaper than buying items individually. We only ate here once as it's cheaper to eat elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dean A
Trop L, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Dean A,

Thank you for leaving us a review and providing us with valuable feedback. I am so sorry we were not able to exceed your entire expectations during your stay with us, particularly in regards to the available amenities in your room. Like most Las Vegas Strip hotel/casinos we do have coffee makers and refrigerators available for a daily low cost for our guest's convenience. Thank you again for the important feedback and we look forward to your next visit! GuestRelations@TropLV.com

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I came into this casino after we saw a huge sign on the outside advertising the TROPICANA PLAYERS CLUB card which stated that the FIRST $200.00 IS ON US! (We probably wouldnt have ventured in if not for that sign as the casino looks older and not as grand from outside - it's kind of easy to overlook). We were curious as to how that worked so we went in and talked to the Players Club Folks. The guy was super nice and told us that you get back half of what you lose for free slot play up to $200.00 on the first day. Then he found out we were local and it got even better! Half of the money you lose you get mailed back to you and you get tons of discounts on food and drinks. We are from Nevada so we got the awesome locals deal.

After we got the card we proceeded into the casino for some drinks and slots. The place IS older. It doesnt have the flash of the larger & bigger casinos but I like it that way. I was told by the players club gentleman that they had been voted loosest slots. He was right. My husband won just under $300.00 in two hours playing pennies. (I didnt win anything BUT they gave me $10.00 free play on my card since I was such a loser which I had a blast playing).

The cocktail waitresses were super nice and very prompt with drink orders. We came back the next morning for the buffet (read that review too!) - My husband and I were currently booked for 4 days at the neighboring Excalibur and considered canceling that remaining reservation ( we still had 2 days) to move over to the Tropicana because the Employees were so much nicer and the slots looser.

I will be booking the Tropicana next time I go to Vegas for SURE!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank iansgal51510

Dear iansgal51510,

We appreciate your wonderful feedback! We are excited to hear about your fun and enjoyable experience with us in the casino! On your next visit we hope you will get a chance to stay in one of our rooms! GuestRelations@TropLV.com

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel is right on the strip, and is a great place to stay if you are going with a group of friends.

Compared to the other hotels in the area, you can get a nice one bedroom suite for a fairly cheap price. We had no trouple getting a roll out bed brought to the room as well.

The suite had a wet bar and a nice view of the strip.

The pool was nice as well. Don't expect any real good parties to take place at this hotel, but the location is good enough to reccomend.

Casino is okay, it has everything you need. But if you are looking for a more lavish casino, the MGM is directly connected to this hotel.

We would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jacob S

Dear Jacob S,

Thank you for leaving us fantastic comments regarding your recent visit! Many of our visitors find the location of our property to be convenient and I am thrilled to hear you agree! Please feel free to reach out to us when you are planning your next visit to Las Vegas! GuestRelations@TropLV.com

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here overnight as we got a great online rate driving through from Los Angeles to Denver. Nice, clean room for a quick stay, but definitely an older facility, most noticeable in the bathroom grout. If you're picky about grout, this might not be the place for you.

It seemes to me that people may stay here because of the room rates, not so much for activities. It also seems to attract budget travelers and older people (not judging! just observing). The restaurants we walked by were nearly empty and the casino area was pretty slow.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank seaLoves
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I appreciated having my expectations met of a Hilton Hotel as well as the experience of being in Las Vegas. A nice balance. The hotel was extremely nice and very manageable in the can be crazy LV setting.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Theodore J C

Dear Theodore J C,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving us such fantastic feedback! We strive to delight our Guests with our service and I am thrilled to know our staff took such great care with anticipating your needs, and making you feel welcome as a valued Hilton member! Please reach out to us on your next visit! GuestRelations@TropLV.com