“Great stay!”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #51 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Would definitely recommend. Clean room for $70/Night.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank travelingcouple
Write a ReviewReviews (18,445)

Reviewed 5 June 2011

The hotel is conveniently located on the strip next to all the large casinos. The remodeled rooms are very nice, and service was great. Oh, and the volcanic water-fountain is gorgeous! Overall a very positive experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank stephanieb72
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights, and were impressed with the quality of the rooms, and view! However, we visited other 'resort hotels' in Vegas, and found the Mirage to be more 'old school' casino/hotel, than some of the others which are diversifying to have a wider appeal. Having said that, we loved the erupting volcano show, brilliant!

Room Tip: 'Friend' the Mirage on Facebook
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorset4Ever
Reviewed 5 June 2011

The Mirage is a great central location for a Vegas trip! The Pool Area is like none other. You don't even realize you are in the middle of Las Vegas. However, the water is extremely cold! You can't enjoy it....To the Staff of Mirage - Warm it a bit - you have no idea how happy that will make the crowds! Yes, the "guests" are out in the pool "line" bright and early at 7:00 for an 8:00 am opening to get their prime spot, but do not fret, you can still find some areas if you go later in the afternoon - we did - due to the fact that alot of them head back to the hotel by 3:00 p.m.. The hotel itself is beautiful, the beds, pillows, rooms very comfortable. We had a problem with all the smokers in the Casino but that is due to the fact that we both wear contact lenses and suffer from allergies, etc. from the smoke. But overall, I would definitely return to the Mirage! ...and one final note...join the "M" Club...it's worth it!!!

3  Thank perk16
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I used my MLife membeship to get a good price on the hotel-with no history of points in 3 years so you never know what you might get. I was so happy. I was set up on the 19th floor in a very nice room facing the strip. They also sent a bottle of champagne to my room-boy was I surprised. The hotel was wonderful. My only complaint was the smoke in the casino and the choice of restaurants. The lower price restaurants (California Pizza Kitchen and the burger place) were reasonable based on Las Vegas prices but the Deli was outrageous! Imagine $20 for a sandwich! We went elsewhere. The other restaruants were also high priced but didn't seem to have any customers! Staying here was a good choice, just find other places to eat. After paying $20/day for resort fees our internet service didn't work, but after someone from the business office gave us a number to their computer staff our problems were solved! One more thing, the housekeeping staff does a great job!

6  Thank DebbieSanAntonio
Reviewed 4 June 2011

This was my second time staying at The Mirage. I have an M Players card and get their emails, so I lucked into a fantastic deal on the room. This was all the incentive I needed to stay here again, especially since I really enjoyed my experience last year.
Unfortunately check-in took forever. As the last reviewer noted, there was a lady choosing people from the back of the line, to go into another line...quite unfair! When I told the person who checked me in, that the last time my room overlooked the volcano and I loved it, she immediately upgraded me! At least check-out was very fast! Plus, NO BED BUGS!!! Another positive, the window in the room can be opened.
At lunch one day, we decided to try the poolside restaurant The Paradise Cafe. The food was good, but. I have a specific food allergy. I told the waiter twice, to make sure that my order did not have this vegetable. However, the sandwich still came with the ingredient! The manager told me that unless I filled out a security report, I would be charged for the meal! Security were very professional and courteous though and the hotel gave me a credit for much more than the cost of the meal! They also called me several times, just to make sure that I was not sick! Quite impressive!
The only other negatives: The water in the pool was freezing cold. You would figure that the hefty resort fee, would pay for the cost of heating the pool! The room was not cleaned very well, especially the bathroom. Also, when I put on a bathrobe, I noticed that it was dirty.
The hotel has a great location on the strip. The Fashion Mall is a 5 minute walk and there is a Walgreens and a liquor store right across the street. We ate at Japon, California Pizza Kitchen, BK Burger and the Coffee Bean. They were great! The outdoor bar is really nice, with great music and all the drinks were good! Despite the cold water, the pool area is beautiful. It was crowded, but we were still able to find lounge chairs. If you want to go to Bare (the clothing optional pool), you must show a picture ID.
Despite the negatives, I still enjoyed my stay. I would choose the Mirage again, especially if I can get another great room deal!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank JWings
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Great service, friendly staff. Stayed in a tower deluxe room and was excellent accomodation. Mirage is in the heart of all the action on the strip. Loved it all, looking to come back with a big group of people in Mid 2012...strongly recommend

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room
2  Thank rinna62