“Awesome location, great staff”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #50 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was our first trip to Las Vegas. After researching different strip locations we settled on The Mirage. We were not disappointed. The location is great; within walking distance to many different casinos on the strip. All the staff from the bellman to the front desk to the people in the restaurants were very friendly and genuinely seemed to care.

We arrived at the hotel around 9 a.m. after an early flight. Check in is 3 p.m. but the front desk told us they start a "courtesy check in" around 10 a.m. We went back around that time and got a room right away.

The pool area is great. It's not very deep, but it is very big. Waitresses were always walking through the area taking drink orders. We never had to walk up to the bar for drinks.

The casino is smaller than some other locations, but was fine for us. The rooms are a great size. The bed is extremely comfortable! One night we ate at Kokomos and were very satisfied. Yes, it is very expensive, but it's fun to eat in a tropical atmosphere. Also the volcano show out front each night is really entertaining. It's no Bellagio fountain show, but a close second.

All in all it was a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (18,440)

Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is my new favorite hotel on the Vegas Strip. I know it has been there a while, but I just stayed there for the first time and I loved it! Lots of slots that I like (Mr. Cashman!); great pool; nice staff; huge room/suite that they upgraded me to; and it is super easy to walk right out onto the strip. It is centrally located. I'm talking ground zero to just about everything. Cirque de Soleil's Love is right there in the hotel too. A Beatles tribute show that is one of the best things I've ever seen. All you need is love, people, and I love The Mirage!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Needed a quick getaway for some shopping and relaxation (yes you can relax in Vegas!). Mirage was excellent location for long shopping days at Fashion Mall. I had a rental car and still drove it over to mall parking lot because I didn't want to walk back with all the bags. Felt kinda silly driving such a short distance but glad I did. Valet guys at Mirage were really great. Also used my rental to scoot out to Costco & DSW & Town Square ( which I love!!). Hotel room was large with modern decor. Sat poolside for one afternoon and it was difficult finding a chair just for one person. You're crammed in like sardines but the pool is great as is the poolside service. Just be aware of the huge fees for drinks. As I was solo on this trip it was easy to snag a ticket to Beatles Love. As a Mirage guest you receive 20% off the price. Highly recommend this show even if you're not a huge lover of Beatles music. I'm not and was skeptical if I'd like it but I really loved it. Would even see it again. Last morning before heading to airport I went to spa and had pedicure. Good value. Great service.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here while my husband had a conference across the street at another hotel. Traveled with my 2 year old son. Everyting was great. Lock on the mini bar kept my son from playing with mini fridge. Self parking was easy. Pool was awesome, they even inflated my son's pool floatie for me. Great location. Unpretentious hotel staff.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The food there was so good and service too. The hotel is awesome and the shows so good! It is beautiful all of Vegas you need more time too explore it all...

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Unlike some Vegas hotels the Mirage is easy to get around.
The elevators are reasonably placed and the restaurants all have a different vibe.
Pool was awesome! Staff was great and the people at the pool were great from families to teens...
Will be back for sure.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Have stayed loads of times in Vegas, and Mirage is one of my Fav hotels. Rooms are handy to get to, and the pool is great if you have family. Plenty of food options, and the BB King bar is great for a nite cap.
Casino is less imtimadating for newbies.
Try and go for upgraded rooms with seperate elevator

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family