I love the Mirage. Last year, I stayed at the Flamingo and it was a disaster, don't go there (smoke, dirty carpet, noisy and old rooms with poor toiletry products).
I stayed here for 2 nights on Dec. 6 & 7. The pics are the Mirage's Website don't lie: the rooms are beautiful and exactly like you see.
Free newspaper: go to the Impulse store in the elevator area. Go up the stairs, walk a meter and on the left, there is a rack with USA Today. It will say that you must show your hotel room key at the cash before you can take out your copy.
Free Wi-fi: Awesome and high speed. I brought along my iPad and it worked out very well.
High quality shampoo, soap, shower gel, and vanity pack: the line they use is Gilchrist & Soames and it's top of the line. I left the maid a tip and asked additional shampoo. To my surprise, she left me 3 additional sets of products. I was blown away by her generosity.
Hair dryer: they have Babyliss ProTT, the top of the line in hair dryer
TV: huge flat screen. They offer digital cable so changing to another channel may take a bit longer than on your home TV.
Concierge desk can help you book the shuttle back to the airport ($7). Shuttle doesn't stop at the hotel.
Very friendly staff
Lots of security on the hotel room floor
My room was on Floor #4 #62. View was OK but I didn't care since I asked for a quiet area.
I never heard my neighbours.
The heating system or AC was modern.
Toilet: flushes really quickly.
The safe in the room is really easy to use.
There is a Starbucks in the hotel!
Elevators were very quick, never had to wait maybe because it was not a peak travel season
Check-in: I did it at 11 AM and had no problem getting my room right away. Check-in line was quick, waited maybe 7 minutes.
Paper, enveloppes and pens: very high quality and plenty in the drawer
Pillows: all fluffy
Sheets: very thick and white.
Towels: Tons of it in the bathroom. 4 big ones, 3 facecloths and 2 medium size ones.
Size of the room: it's big, probably 550 Sq foot.
Location: right across from the Venetian and easy to cross the street. You are in the middle so it's easy to walk to Caesars' Forum Shops or The Fashion Mall.
Bring your own slippers if you take off your shoes in the room
There are not bathrobes
The walk to the guest rooms is not long from the lobby. You have to pass through the casino but it's a short walk.
Don't open the fridge top put your groceries or drinks - it's electronic and the alarm may think you took something from the minibar. The hotel staff will tell you that when you check in.
Desk chair is super comfortable, it looks like a Herman Miller but it isn't.
Late check out: they can do noon but will charge extra if you have a specific time in mind.
Resort fee is $22 per day (they add taxes to the $20). Unfortunately, you cannot get away with that. My room was $87 per night. Some people may find it high since other hotels have deals below $50. Honestly, you get what you pay for.
I booked the most basic room from a discount Website to save some money and was not disappointed. If you do that, do call the hotel and speak with the reservation desk before your trip to check if they have your reservation on file and also to specify your preferences: ex: 2 Queen size or 1 King size bed, quiet area, nice view and other accommodations.
The staff at the Mirage are very friendly, I am glad I stayed here. I will come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the exotic - a world tantalizing to the imagination and the senses. The rooms are enticingly transformed. The villas and lanais are exclusive and private. The AAA Four Diamond service is excellent. Dining is sumptuous. The nightlife, dazzling. Experience the Grammy® Award-winning Cirque du Soleil® production of The Beatles™ LOVE™ and laugh with Terry Fator and His Cast of Thousands. Discover our Secret Garden and royal white tigers. Enter our Dolphin Habitat to meet Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Feel the night heat up as you move between thrilling hot spots. Our enviable center-Strip location makes us an ideal spot to stay and play. The first. The best. The undisputed hottest rooms on the Strip. The Mirage. Vegas Starts Here™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MGM Resorts International, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Mirage Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mirage Hotel And Casino
- The Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Hotel Las Mirage Vegas
- The Mirage Hotel & Casino Las Vegas