You can't beat the location of the hotel!! From the airport, we got a taxi. Told the driver to avoid the strip as much as possible. Especially since they are doing construction work in front of the Imperial Palace hotel and a lane is shut down.... The driver took the "back way" and cut through the Venetian. Taxi ride, cost $18.00.
Check in does seem to be a little "confused". They have no real lines. I just stood there until a line started moving and jumped in. The lady who checked me in, was very nice and friendly. I ended up getting an upgraded room for an extra $20.00/night. If you can get an upgrade for less than $50.00/night, DO IT!! The upgraded room (23-119) was very nice. More than enough room for (1) person. I had a view of the strip, the pool and the dolphin habitat. I didn't have to pay to see that since I could see the dolphins jumping from my room. The bathroom was very tiny, but I was by myself, so it wasn't a big deal. Besides, you hardly spend any time in the room.... This hotel does have the $25.00/night resort fee. I just don't understand why they don't add that fee into the nightly rates???
The hotel was very crowded. I think it's because they do conventions there. Plus they have two shows a night. Once they let out, the floor was packed!!
The drinks are expensive at this hotel and they were very weak. The best drinks are at the older hotels. Across the streets at Harrah's I got a cocktail that usually cost $12.00 at the Mirage for only $8.00 and it tasted a lot better too. Downtown Vegas also had way cheaper drinks & food.
The smoke in the hotel isn't the worst on the strip BUT it could certainly be better. The walls in the rooms are pretty thing too. I could hear children crying the room next to me (DO NOT bring kids to Vegas. I can't say this enough). Plus you could hear every door slam shut through out the night and early in the AM. If you want to get a good night sleep, you pretty much have to knock yourself out with sleeping aids / ear plugs / alcohol (lol).
Overall, I find the hotel to be average for Vegas standards. I would stay here again IF they had a really good deal going on and I got an upgraded room. Again, the best location though.
P.s. Restaurant reviews will be per location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the exotic - a world tantalizing to the imagination and the senses. The rooms are enticingly transformed. The villas and lanais are exclusive and private. The AAA Four Diamond service is excellent. Dining is sumptuous. The nightlife, dazzling. Experience the Grammy® Award-winning Cirque du Soleil® production of The Beatles™ LOVE™ and laugh with Terry Fator and His Cast of Thousands. Discover our Secret Garden and royal white tigers. Enter our Dolphin Habitat to meet Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Feel the night heat up as you move between thrilling hot spots. Our enviable center-Strip location makes us an ideal spot to stay and play. The first. The best. The undisputed hottest rooms on the Strip. The Mirage. Vegas Starts Here™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Booking.com, Southall Travel, MGM Resorts International, Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Mirage Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mirage Hotel And Casino
- The Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Hotel Las Mirage Vegas
- The Mirage Hotel & Casino Las Vegas