“Not too shabby.”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #52 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 July 2012

You can't beat the location of the hotel!! From the airport, we got a taxi. Told the driver to avoid the strip as much as possible. Especially since they are doing construction work in front of the Imperial Palace hotel and a lane is shut down.... The driver took the "back way" and cut through the Venetian. Taxi ride, cost $18.00.

Check in does seem to be a little "confused". They have no real lines. I just stood there until a line started moving and jumped in. The lady who checked me in, was very nice and friendly. I ended up getting an upgraded room for an extra $20.00/night. If you can get an upgrade for less than $50.00/night, DO IT!! The upgraded room (23-119) was very nice. More than enough room for (1) person. I had a view of the strip, the pool and the dolphin habitat. I didn't have to pay to see that since I could see the dolphins jumping from my room. The bathroom was very tiny, but I was by myself, so it wasn't a big deal. Besides, you hardly spend any time in the room.... This hotel does have the $25.00/night resort fee. I just don't understand why they don't add that fee into the nightly rates???

The hotel was very crowded. I think it's because they do conventions there. Plus they have two shows a night. Once they let out, the floor was packed!!

The drinks are expensive at this hotel and they were very weak. The best drinks are at the older hotels. Across the streets at Harrah's I got a cocktail that usually cost $12.00 at the Mirage for only $8.00 and it tasted a lot better too. Downtown Vegas also had way cheaper drinks & food.

The smoke in the hotel isn't the worst on the strip BUT it could certainly be better. The walls in the rooms are pretty thing too. I could hear children crying the room next to me (DO NOT bring kids to Vegas. I can't say this enough). Plus you could hear every door slam shut through out the night and early in the AM. If you want to get a good night sleep, you pretty much have to knock yourself out with sleeping aids / ear plugs / alcohol (lol).

Overall, I find the hotel to be average for Vegas standards. I would stay here again IF they had a really good deal going on and I got an upgraded room. Again, the best location though.

P.s. Restaurant reviews will be per location.

Room Tip: 1. Get the highest floor possible. 2. When taking a taxi from the airport, tell them to avoid the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 July 2012

The Mirage : was okay … somewhere in the middle for Vegas – its not the Belliago but its not Circus Circus either. It is in a great location . You have about 7 different hotels/casinos within 1 circle block of you – so very easy to walk around . The Pool at the Mirage is gorgeous BUT people start waiting in line at 630AM to get a seat out there . The Pool opens at 8AM . We were lucky to find 3 seats for us right by the pool area . Had one lady yell at us because we kept our bags under her chair …. Not really sure if she was REALLY mad about that or the fact that her husband kept checking out my friend . …..Drinks at the pool – not free – about $60 for 3 drinks .Be prepared to deal with KIDS too at the pool. There is no kiddie area so the kids are jumping and spalshing around all over the place. Drinks in the casino – great service as long as you tip the girls. I probably got about 12 rum and cokes every night and didn’t have to slurp the bottle of the glass at all…. My sister in law different story – she didn’t tip every time so the waitress would either pass her up or hold her beer hostage until she gave them a tip !!=) ……

There is a TRAM over to Treasure Island in the hotel and this is really convienent . All in all a good stay for a budget traveler.

Room Tip: Our room was located on the 5th floor and that seems to be the quieter area. The one good thing abou...
2  Thank ChristyFurr
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed at the Mirage for 2 nights in May. Although it looks pretty nice, it didn't find it that great. The carpet in the room was so worn, we even complained about it being dirty...after a closer examinations it was clean, but it was just worn. Would not expect that in this place!

The room itself (other than the carpet...) was pretty nice. Big comfortable bed, nice bathroom and although we tought otherwise when we just arrived, it was clean. We had a great view on the pool and the strip. Also a very big compliment to the bell boy helping us bringing our luggage downstairs: the guy was very nice and in the mood for a talk...

Downside was the noise in the hallway...the doors of the rooms slammed upon closing. It woke us up a couple of times a night. And besides the doors slamming, we had a couple of drunk girls in the room next door and a guy trying to enter our room in the middle of the night (also obviously drunk). All these things added up to a mediocre stay at the Mirage. Next time we are in Vegas we would definitely skip on this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Enasni
Reviewed 23 July 2012

It's not the closest hotel to all the action but it was value for money. The rooms are huge - 2 queen size beds. We asked for a quiet room, so we faced a lot of buildings and the freeway in the distance. Maybe next time, we'll splash out on the Bellagio.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The pool in summer is a must. It's large and well laid out and gets great sun. I enjoyed the music playing out there and found the overall atmosphere out there to be friendly and relaxing. The layout of the hotel is easy to get use to and the rooms are very nice. As with any Vegas hotel you will get hall noise at all hours so the further away from the elevators the better. My room was clean and well maintained, the hotel is in a great location on the strip and overall I found that I spent more time in this hotel than when I stayed at the MGM grand (too big and too far down) or Casino Royal ( to small and kinda dumpy). I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. The frozen yogurt bar downstairs is a nice touch and the restaurants all had good food. The place was just hopping when I was there. Overall good choice for a hotel. One last note.... I didn't find the casino as smoky and many of the others -they seem to have better ventilation here. Book it - you won't regret it.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ldruken
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The resort, clean. The room, nice. The beds, comfortable. Check-in and check-out, PAINFUL!

While The Mirage has all the materiel necessities you would expect, the check-in and check-process was way too long. We first waited about 45 minutes to make it to the front of the line to check-in. Because we were early, we had to wait for our room and pick up our room keys later, which is normal. What isn't normal is that we were told that we had to get into the same lineup to get our keys later. Another 30 minute wait. Kudos though for texting us when the room would be ready and the keys available at the front desk. Check-out was equally painful. Another 30 minute wait.

While I can understand that there are busier times than others to check-in or check-out, what was frustrating is that less than half the wickets for the process were open on either occasion. Being on a road trip beginning and ending in Vegas, we decided to go to a hotel outside The Strip to avoid such delays on our way back home.

1  Thank Patrick059
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The Mirage had a tropical feeling with palm trees and nice big pool if you could find a spot. Room was your average clean room. To see the dolphins was $18.00 a person so did not see them. Watch out for the resort fees of $25.00 per day plus $3.00 tax on top of that each day. Right in the middle of strip was nice. The one thing that was a nuisance were all the kids.