“The Mirage is a happening hot spot!”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #40 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“The Mirage is a happening hot spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We recently stayed at the Mirage for one night, after a SW road trip, in order to catch our 6AM flight. The hotel is lively and happening. The check in process took awhile (seems to be the trend in Vegas), but the lady who helped us more than made up for it. She was courteous, helpful and provided us with water bottles. The pool area is very busy, it took us about 15 minutes to finally find 4 chairs together. I had my kids with me (ages 13 & 7), this is not a very kid-friendly hotel, but they enjoyed the waterfall in the pool and of course people watching. We did visit The Secret Garden, this was enjoyed by all of us. The room was large and clean, valet was great & the volcanoe is fun to watch at night. I would def come back & stay at The Mirage if I was traveling with adults only.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,394)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Came to the Mirage for my wife's 50th birthday. I had pre-ordered a dozen roses to be delivered to our room and booked seats at the Beatles "Love" show through the concierge by phone. During check-in, the gentleman at the desk reviewed what I had going so far and offered an amazing upgrade to a penthouse suite, which we gratefully accepted. The room was tremendous and the beautiful bouquet of roses were there when we entered. The Beatles show was very engaging and fun, but most impressive was the sound system. I'm somewhat of an audiophile and I've never heard the Beatles sound so good!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Really nice clean and comfy rooms. The property has so much to do you can spend the entire day there and not leave. Props to the Rhumbar, have a good drink and a cigar while lounging on comfy patio furniture. The only reason I am not giving The Mirage five stars, is because I had to wait until 5pm to get my room when their policy is 3pm check in. Otherwise it was complete perfection.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gottaseestuff
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

This was our second stay here. This time in a Tower Suite that was comped for two nights. The suite was huge. Included a wet bar, living area, dining area, bedroom, a huge bathroom with separate shower and tub, double vanity sinks, walk in closet and makeup area.

Air conditioner wasn't working well when we walked in. Called the front desk and within minutes a maintenance person was in our room and fixed the problem.

Very quiet room. Extremely comfortable bed. Can't say enough positive things about our suite and the Mirage.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have stayed at the Mirage three times now and every visit has been good. The rooms are always clean and up to par. The rooms are also very sound proof which is good. I did find this time that there were many slot machines out of order, but I did win and always seem to win when I play at the Mirage.

The staff is efficient, quick and friendly. This is a good place to stay as you are also on the strip and can walk pretty much everywhere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
SURREY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

This is our 4th week long stay in the mirage and we will not be coming back.
The hotel has no real interest in returning guests, there is not consistent customer service. The rooms are small and bad value, we've had far better deluxe go rooms in the mirage.
We had to ring everyday for 4 days to get our toiletries refreshed..... Everyday you get a different member of staff programmed to say it will be sorted, it never was.
On the positive, cravings and samba steakhouse are superb and we will happily return to them when we are next in Vegas, but I will not be giving this hotel a fifth try when there are so many other great options.

What saves this hotel is its location.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank CATWOMAN10
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I just completed a second stay of four nights at the Mirage. Overall I just don't see the value in the hotel. I paid an average of $120 per night including mandatory "resort" fee. The place is strip central but I can't say that it is worth the additional prices to stay there. The additional prices I'm talking about are the mark ups on everything. $5 coffee. $20 tab for a burger, Fries and Soda. No coffee maker in room. $30 to rent a fridge if you want one (can't use the fridge in the room. It is full of for sale items that charge to your room if you move and replace them). The list of up charges is endless. I'm not sure what the resort fee covers. Bottle of water at poolside? Cant bring your own. They want you to purchase theirs. This hotel is the spirit airlines of hotels everything is extra! The room was nice but the linens were worn out and towels hard. The shower leaked water all over the floor. There was a used condom stuck to the bottom of the trash can (yuck). The walk from my room #4031 to the strip took 10 minutes! 10 minutes! I highly recommend travelers consider the row of business traveller hotels one block removed from the strip. They offer much better value and are only a 15 minute walk or $7 cab ride to the strip. The embassy suite is very nice. See my review. Enjoy your trip.

Room Tip: If you want a strip view get high up. Room 4031 faced the strip but only had a view of the roof of t...
Green Features: Doubtful they exist. Think about how much water evaporates from the fountain alone. In the desert. Just sayin
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert H
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for choosing The Mirage as your Las Vegas destination for the second time! We appreciate the time you took to provide us your feedback. Your feedback is valuable and will assist us to monitor areas that may need improvement to better the guest service experiences we provide. I am sorry about the cleanliness of your room upon your arrival. If you can please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I would like the opportunity to further address your concerns and to provide your experiences to the appropriate management team in an effort towards improvement. Thank you for your review. I hope to hear from you soon.