“Great room / OK food/wine”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #48 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Great spacious suites - we really enjoyed the rooms - but that isn't why we come to LV. The games and casino are clean with lots of friendly staff. The hotel is starting to look a bit dated, and could use a freshen up in the next few years. The wine and liquor choices at the bars is quite limited.

Room Tip: Nice 2BR suites.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Descent Hotel for the money, Penthouse suites are nice and very comfortable. Smoking in the casino is terrible they should have designated areas for either smokers or non smokers. The ashtrays and dirt around the slot machines are really bad.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I went to Vegas with 2 other women for a work event (with a couple of extra days for play) I booked the Mirage after doing a LOT of research. I'd been to Vegas a few times and always stayed at Caesars Palace (which is also where our work event was taking place).
I'm SO happy that I decided to give this place a chance!
I won't comment on the flight or airport, because that has nothing to do with the actual hotel.
So,

CHECK IN
Awesome! We checked in around midnight. I originally had booked a 1 bedroom Tower Suite (I think), once I got up to the front desk we were upgraded to a 2 Bedroom Penthouse ( room E-17). I knew once I got up to the top floor and saw a double door entry that we were going to be 3 happy ladies! The room did NOT disappoint. Front desk staff were friendly, fast, informative and efficient.

ROOM
Upon opening the doors, we had a great view of the strip and a MASSIVE room. It must have been around 1800 square feet. Floor to ceiling windows, small bar area, huge living and dining area, 2 bedrooms (one on the left hand side of the room and one on the right hand side), 2 bathrooms- master bathroom with double vanity, jetted tub, and separate shower, bidet. Second bathroom single vanity, jetted tub with separate shower. The master bedroom was spacious with a separate dressing room and walk in closet with a safe.
Room and bathroom were spotless.
Beds were TO DIE FOR comfortable with lots of excellent pillows.
Each room had a TV that came out of the foot board of the bed, and then submerged back into the foot board when it wasn't in use. There was also a TV in the livingroom and a nice desk area for my laptop.
No complaints on the room...I mean, how can you complain when you've been upgraded to a Penthouse in Las Vegas!? What a great way to start a vacation with 2 other ladies! It really set the stage for the next 5 days.

POOL
AMAZING! Believe it or not I even liked it better than Caesars Pool. We stayed at the main pool with no difficulty finding chairs. The waterfall was beautiful, the water was nice and warm, and the atmosphere was great! We spent every afternoon down there. The drinks were also fantastic. Pricey for sure, but they certainly don't skimp on the booze or the fruit in my mojito's.
I can't remember if you can bring your own booze into the pool....might be something to look into.

LOCATION
The location is also excellent. It's quite a haul from one end of the strip to the other, however there are options to get back and forth, like the double decker bus, or the monorail. Of course you could walk, but if you're in heels you might want to grab a taxi if you're down near MGM or Mandalay Bay.

RESTAURANTS
All of the restaurants that we tried in this hotel were excellent. I have no complaints. Food was great and service was also great.
I also had great fun at Gilly's Saloon in Treasure Island next door. The bar stools are made of saddles (so you have to actually straddle it to sit!!) and they have Bull Riding. That can get pretty interesting after a day at the pool.
We went to 1OAK, a club in the Mirage. The DJ was awesome and we did run into a couple of celebrities.

TIP
Drinks are expensive most places if you're not gambling. Pack a bubba cup! You can drink on the strip. We mixed a MASSIVE drink before we left the room and it kept us going for a couple of hours.
Keep snacks in your room. It's a LOOOOOOONG walk through most Vegas resorts, so if you're hungry in the room you can at least have something on hand.

I'm returning to Vegas in June and I CAN'T WAIT to see what kind of service we get this time!

Room Tip: Room E-17 (penthouse) was INCREDIBLE!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Codester
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The Mirage is a gem of a hotel! After traversing the other 'mega monster' hotels, my wife and I truly appreciated the more 'right sized' Mirage and it's ideal location. The staff and premises are outstanding as is the food. When we return to Vegas we plan on staying at this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Well I loved my stay here the first time and to be honest the second was just as good. Smack bang in the middle of the strip you are at the heart of everything. Just step out and all you need, from the supermarket to Mickey D’s, is right there for you to enjoy. But the Mirage has all you want anyway. The dealers are very cool, even if you are a newbie, love ya Marie! The floor itself is great; you’ll know your way around every game in no time. Service there is perfect, lots of lovley brown clothed waitresses, they come out of the cold mist of the conditioned desert air. As I’m sure you know drinks are free for ‘gamblors’ but do give a few bucks tip even if you are on a cold streak.
I did say the Mirage had everything so what do you want? Catch The Beatle’s Love Show, millions can’t be wrong. You hungry? From California’s finest pizza to Brazilian steak cooked to your liking, I’m betting you’re on to a winner. Take a walk out to the handy pool and you’ll be invited to top-up your 5 a day with a delicious smoothie or grab a coffee, before you take on the Las Vegas heat by the pool. Again the Mirage’s service with a smile is top notch out here and I’m sure you’ll get to know whomever is looking after your sector very quickly indeed. The buzz by the tropical pool, waterfall included, is, well, buzzin’! All types can be found here, from mum, dad and etc, to granddad and gran and of course, the inbetweeners.
I just love getting baked and then popping up to the suite on whatever floor I’m on and beginning the ‘getting ready’ process; take your time at this as Vegas don’t sleep and it sure likes to look good. You can enjoy a frontal view of the Volcano which goes off regularly in the evening; seen from the road leading up to it is awesome! So for an oasis in the sand you gotta give the Mirage a look in.

Room Tip: Tip the person checking you in and they might upgrade you
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We had a great time, we stayed there for a business trip. It was close to everything and convenient. The hotel was nice and had several good restaurants on property. We were treated very good by the staff. I will look at this resort on a return trip.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was my first time in Las Vegas and I was there to see the Beatles Love show. While I LOVED the show and would recommend it to everyone, I am not sure that I would recommend staying at the Mirage. I stayed 3 days and during those 3 days, not 1 time did maid service come by, so besides all the overflowing trashbins, I had to flag down a maid to get new towels. I was in a Resort Tower King, and while the room looked really nice, the carpets were filthy, just walking across the room would leave your socks black. I know many people are in and out of the Mirage and you cant clean the carpets between each guest or anything, but I'd liked to not have been scared to walk on the floors. The bathroom was ok in cleanliness but I found hair on the walls of the shower, not to mention I could tell that the complimentary shampoos and lotions had already been used. The casino and bars were nice and I really enjoyed them, minus all the cigarette smoke...Holy SMOKES, the smoke is terrible!!!! Youd think there would be some air filters or something around that place. I dont feel that it was worth the $1000 I spent.

Room Tip: Tower Resort rooms, have their own private elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family