“Location and convenience, but not wow”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #50 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 November 2013

So had a great price, and knew it was part of the MGM collection so gave it a try. The good: great location, right in the middle of the strip, walkable to Venetian, Treasure Island, Caesars Palace with no problem, pool area is clean and tropical with good shade options, the outside drink area has a pleasant atmosphere and fun to watch the volcano show from there, Carnegie Deli is the best casual restaurant, the Italian Restaurant is fantastic,(see reviews for both of these in restaurants) the rooms are comfortable and clean. The not great, but not awful, the buffet, the casino, the coffee options. The not so good: the views are so so, lots of rooftop views, the rooms and common areas are plain, no wow factor, shops are limited, tubs very small so jacuzzi feature over rated, and japanese restaurant goes in the bad category. But was it a good deal? Yes, and for someone who appreciates a good clean place to relax by the pool which was expansive, it fit the bill. I like the WOW, Casino, food options at MGM better and LOVED the rooms at Signature, but their location is not great. Looking forward to trying Bellagio or Paris or Mandalay Bay based on our walking tours for some of these items that appear to have what Mirage is missing. We walked through Wynn and Encore and I was underwhelmed, great hotels but that is not why I would go to Vegas either. I want Vegas baby... Mirage was a good value.

Room Tip: Skip the buffet and head to Italian for dinner and Carnegie for Breakfast or Lunch, food is much bet...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wysfam
Write a ReviewReviews (18,343)

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed at the Mirage this time because we got a good package deal through Southwest Vacations. We were there for Thanksgiving Week, 2013 and just got back last night. The staff are very friendly. The rooms were clean although the maid service did a lick and a promise and you have to request your bed changed. They gave us two queen beds and a nice view of the strip and didn't charge us anymore than our original package. We liked that.

Now, our only major complaint is that we were duped with the M-LIFE Rewards Card. After spending over $1,000 on the slots, paying outrageously high prices for food and earning thousands of points through Southwest and the Mirage, we were given $9.00 EACH for comps. What an insult!! We used their M-LIFE cards in all the machines thinking we were racking up comp points. Our bill at checkout was $291.00 which included about $150.00 in resort fees. We got nothing for that. Half the time the internet service didn't work and you had to sign up for it and complete the process every 24 hours. I can go to Atlantic City and the Borgata will give me a FREE room for two nights and generally will comp most of my food. Think I'll stay on this side of the country from now on. I love Vegas but I no longer feel they are kind to us. If all this is okay with you and you know you're not getting anything in return for all the expenses, then enjoy yourself. The slots were extremely tight and our $1,000 got us nowhere. I no longer have any incentive to go there. Saw "Beatles Love" twice now and that was well worth the trip!

Room Tip: Don't be shy - ask for what you want and they may say yes-I was ready to pay for the room we got...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank m S
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed here recently to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary (we left our kids with the grandparents!). I did a lot of research before I booked the hotel as we wanted somewhere central on the strip with a good price - The Mirage fitted this criteria exactly as I got a fab deal on a Tower Suite which was wonderful. The views from our room were stunning as we looked across to The Palazzo and Venetian. We could also see (and feel the vibrations of) the volcano every evening which was amazing!

The room was cleaned to a very high standard every day and the hotel itself was a joy to walk around. We didn't have much luck on the slots but I did break even on the blackjack tables. Waitress service on the casino floor was generally good and we didn't have to wait too long to be asked about drinks.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again because of the price, location and the service we received from everyone we spoke to. We had a fab time.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a strip view with a room overlooking the volcano - it's very cool!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moongardners
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Enroll in Mlife for great benefits!
Great food at California Pizza Kitchen and Carnegie Deli
Pool areas beautiful and clean!
Buffet was amazing!!!! Staff helpful and super friendly.
Our room was great - super comfy beds and pillows - great view of the strip and all the beautiful lights.
Cirque du Soleil - Love - Beautiful - would highly recommend

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank debbydear
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I hadn't been to The Mirage in many years but was out there in mid-November 2013 for a business conference. I was very impressed with the whole place, my room was modern, clean and had a great view of the strip.

The restaurants were excellent and I really enjoyed the Cirque du Soleil Beatles Love show, it was amazing.

I highly recommend The Mirage and will be back soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed there for my b day with my wife and had a view of the volcano. It was great, the bed was like a cloud, room service was quick and the food was the best. The only thing bad was we lost money. Entertainment was excellent. Free parking was an idea.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff everytime ready to service especially the consierge really helped for everything!very nice shows are also played in the hotel and if you are guest you get an extra discount!nice parking clean rooms with a nice view to the strip ! Really nothing bad to refer except that breakfast was not imcluded and it was a little expensive about 35 dollars each but it was totally worth the money!!!

• Stayed: November 2013