“Loved it”

Ranked #47 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“Loved it”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We had never been to Vegas before so we decided to stay at the Mirage because they stayed here in Vegas Vacation. The price was reasonable compared to the other hotels on the strip. We liked being on the strip so we could walk around at night then just walk back to the hotel when we got tired. It wasn't noisy which was surprising. We stayed on the 17th floor. The room was large and clean. The only complaint I have is that the area in front of the elevator smelled but the room didn't. They were replacing the carpet in the casino and remodeling the drive up area while we were there. The volcano was awesome to watch the kids loved it too. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Glaciermaddison
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for choosing The Mirage for your first Las Vegas destination! I understand that you have many hotel choices and I am excited you chose The Mirage! I am happy you were able to find a great price for your room. If you would like to share more about your first Las Vegas trip, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I hope we will get the chance to welcome you back to The Mirage again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,497)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Checked in with a "signed here, give me your ID and credit card and out of my face attitude". Nothing was explained, on how the wireless work, how to get to my room, what's on offer and if I even wanted an upgrade. I can be a little bit understanding if the lobby was busy. I was the only one who was standing in the lobby!
My stay was an OK experince, nothing to rave about. room was clean BUT please do not choose to do express check out without looking at your bill first. It seems like I have eaten or drink something out of the fridge everyday. I did open the fridge to check out what drinks is available and picking it up to see it but apparently once you pick the drink/food the billing starts, even you didnt end up drinking it and putting the drink back to its place within 10 seconds.
so my advise, DO NOT OPEN the fridge at all or you ended up paying something.

Ask them to put you near the elevator if you dont like walking too far. Trust me you'd hear nothing even if you are near the elevator.

Go and eat at Carnegie Deli, the staffs is interested in you and looks genuinely care for your well being!

Room Tip: All room seems to have a good view. I dont think anyone would just stay in the room and enjoying the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SCOOBIEDOODLE
I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your Mirage visit. I am terribly sorry to hear about your check-in and refreshment center experience. What you have described is not the kind of guest service we wish to provide our guests and we know that when we fail you we fail ourselves. I am concerned about the service you received. When you are available, please email me your reservation details at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I would like to personally look into your inconveniences. Thank you for your review.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed with family in several rooms, and were all very happy with the helpfulness of the staff, cleaniness of the rooms, and casino. Only our room seemed to have a/c issues that didn't work well and smelled a little musty. No one else had that issue. Food was very good at the buffet, Carnegie Deli, and Samba, however food was incredibly expensive. The $17 breakfast buffet was only for the M,T,W and increased to over $30 on Thanksgiving, and over $25 on Fri. Simple egg breakfast and juice at the Deli worked out to be about the same. They need another breakfast option. Volcano is worth seeing. Location is pretty good. Loved the Secret Garden. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: 08-067 was our room, clean and nice but the a/c never got it cold and smelled funky. Great view of...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
It is wonderful to hear you and your family visited The Mirage for the Thanksgiving holiday. I am happy that you all had a great trip. I am also excited that you were all able to experience Cravings, Carnegie Deli, and Samba Steakhouse. I apologize for the air conditioner issues you encountered in your room. If you can please email me your room details at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I would like to forward your concerns to our Engineering department. I hope we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Alberta
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here for the marathon. The Mirage is somewhere I've always wanted to stay and the two times we come to Vegas a year we ALWAYS come here because we love it. NOT anymore!!! We payed extra money for a strip view and upon check in was told they were sold out of strip views. We sucked it up because we were offered two nights off the resort fee. That night AND the night before the marathon we were woke up by partying. Yes it's Vegas but in the dozens of times in the city we've come to love we've never had this issue. The first night we let it go. The second we did not! So security was called and a good 45 mins later they finally showed up. Off to the front desk the next night. Was told they'd take off the rest of resort fees which I had to ask for THREE times! Asked if they'd comp the room or charge the party room for our rude awakening. The manager wouldn't have it. Did not care at all! And really the mirage has such paper walls you can hear noise everywhere so guess they're just use to complaining. The whole stay was a chase to get what we were promised. Finally after many phone calls at least they gave us check out for 6pm. This was not easy to get though!
The casino.....totally pass it by! We played tables for a few hrs and never saw a waitress. Well maybe twice. The machines are worse. No staff AND tight as they get. We did not spend much money in here. We went to other MLIFE casinos as well as WYNN and Venetian and gave THEM our money. Where I must say the waitressing was outstanding everywhere we went besides the mirage.
The pool is nice but I'd stay at MGM or Flamingo for their pool before I'd EVER go here again. Also the buffet is not good and cost $50-60 person. We saw many people turn away. The food is not great and the variety is no better than something you may see at a $2 buffet. If you want to spend that much on your breakfast GO TO WYNN. Same price. WAY tastier and WAY more variety.
The only service we really thought was great was BLT Burger and the people at MLIFE. Hopefully MLIFE sells the mirage since they have such a great name.
To wrap it up, do yourself a favour and miss out on the ONCE WAS famous mirage. It's got NOTHING to be famous for anymore. Bad service, terrible check in, VERY loud rooms, and the casino does not hold a candle to any place else. If you are MLIFE go to MGM, ARIA or Luxor. I promise your stay will be more enjoyable. And if you want Center strip take The Flamingo or Venetian.
Pass this hotel right by.......

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gryde
I am sorry to about the many inconveniences you experienced during your trip, specific to not providing you the Strip view room you paid for, the noise you encountered throughout the nights, and the lack of empathy from our hotel management team. I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your stay and your patience with us when you voiced your concerns. I sincerely apologize that we did not live up to your standards or our own when addressing your concerns. Please email me your contact details at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I would like to speak with you more regarding the details of your visit. Thank you for your review.
Saint Louis, Missouri, Usa
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The room was very clean and nicely appointed. It had a contemporary vibe with calming decor. The service from everyone at the Mirage was top notch - from check-in to Mlife to Box Office to servers in the various restaurants! We will return!

Room Tip: Look in the drawer for the blowdryer! It's hidden.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Parmela P
Thank you for letting me know about your recent Mirage trip. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and the service provided by all of our hotel staff. I am also thrilled to know that you will choose The Mirage for another Las Vegas visit. If you have additional details you would like to share, please feel free to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review. Hope to see you again soon!
Los Angeles, California, Usa
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I love tgis place they have always room available for me no matter if I have promotion or not everthing was great rooms was clean services was nice I totally love it cant wait to be there for new years party miss you vegad

Room Tip: I did left something in room not thats much but something is better than nothing
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
The Mirage is feeling the love! I am excited that you have chosen The Mirage for several Las Vegas trips! AND you will be joining us for the New Year’s holiday, that is fantastic! If there are any comments or experiences you would like to share about any of your Mirage stays, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com! We look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate the New Year!
Toronto, ON, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the mirage for three nights in early October. The front desk staff were always so helpful. They even upgraded us to a strip view room. The view was great! We could see the volcano erupt right from our room!

We really enjoyed the pool and that you can eat breakfast in the pool (by either bringing food in, or eating at the terrace restaurant).

We thoroughly enjoyed California pizza kitchen which is on the main floor. The casino itself wasn't very lucky for us, but hey, that's Vegas!

We would definitely go back to the mirage!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Woohoo!!! I am thrilled you were able to experience one of our Strip and Volcano view rooms during your October Las Vegas visit. It is also great to know you enjoyed California Pizza Kitchen and Paradise Café! California Pizza Kitchen, a.k.a. CPK, has my favorite pizza Wild Mushroom with a side of spinach! If you would like to share more about your visit, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. See you again soon!