“Old and tired and dirty”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #46 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Regina, Canada
“Old and tired and dirty”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We booked through M Life and on checking in were given a filthy second floor room overlooking a huge bank of air conditioners. I went back to the desk and was told there were no other rooms available. I exited the check in queue and went back 5 minutes later to a different agent and we were given a room on an upper floor with a view of the strip! We went to the room and found the carpet was filthy, tub was rusted and faucet dripped, tile around tub was cracked, windowsills were dusty and the maid service was poor. Pool area was nice. The Mirage has an excellent location on the strip but the poor quality of the property was a real turn off. We did receive excellent service at the concierge desk when booking show tickets, the only part of our experience which was excellent. We have stayed at Mandalay Bay and The Hotel in recent years and they are far, far better. We will not return to the Mirage.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor... book elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 2at50plus
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your Mirage trip. I appreciate the opportunity to learn about your visit. What you have experienced is not what I would want any of our guests to encounter and I apologize. The condition of the room you stayed in does concern me. When you are available, please email me your reservation to Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I hope we will get an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,454)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I have been to Vegas for the last five years with the last three at the Mirage. We wont consider any place else. Location is key, and the Mirage center stip location can't be beat. We go in April, and the pool is fantastic. Not only by Vegas standards, but in the entire country. Also, with the central elivator setup, this place is very easy to navigate compared to the other jumbo hotels. We will be coming back again in April.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Woohoo!!!! I am thrilled that you and your wife have chosen The Mirage for your most recent Las Vegas trip. It is fantastic to know that you love our pool! April is a fantastic time to visit, the weather is gorgeous. If you would like to share more details about any of your Mirage experiences, please feel free to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. See you in April!
Grafton, Illinois
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

After 25 years visiting Vegas, I finally stayed at The Mirage. Upgraded to floor 25 with private elevators (well worth it), my room (25-084) at the end of a long hallway had two walls of windows with the best views I've ever had of The Strip. The bed was amazing and the shower was great. Does anyone really pay the prices for all the yummy tempting items in your rooms mini-bar?? Give us reasonable prices for a Coke and chips and a bag of M&M's and you might actually sell something. I just went to Walgreen's across the street for my late night munchies. My heat went out on the coldest night (about 25 degrees) but not wanting maintenance in my room at midnight I opted to call the next morning and they had it fixed by early afternoon. Thanks guys! They were very friendly. I have attended the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo for 25 years and let me tell you, The Mirage was rodeo central. My friends and I had a great time. Cravings buffet was great as usual! We also went to the buffets at Wynn and Caesars and I think Cravings was the best overall (at least for four hungry men). Yes, it can get a little expensive at The Mirage at times, the drinks were $12 for a Beam and Coke (except specials during the evening performance of the rodeo) and shots of good scotch were $20, but then, it's what I would consider an upscale resort. BLT Burger was pretty good. Was going to try Carnegie Deli.....but not for those prices. There's no pastrami sandwich in the world worth $25. The hotel was spotless clean, the staff was polite and accommodating, the property was beautiful and the location was great. I will stay there again, probably for the NFR agin next year. Since I don't use the pool, fax, etc that they say the the $28/day resort fee is for, I really would like them to either just include it in the regular room fee or adjust for what each guest uses. It is a ridiculous fee that everyone charges these days. But I guess if the airlines can gouge you for every little thing, hotels think they can too. But that's a travel industry problem. Overall, The Mirage is a wonderful property, and I will likely return. Obviously my little gambling didn't warrant any comps, but maybe next time. Thanks Mirage for a wonderful vacation. See you next year!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing The Mirage for your recent Las Vegas trip. I am excited that you were able to experience The Mirage during the National Rodeo Finals! It is also wonderful to know that you and your group enjoyed the Cravings buffet. The food is endless and absolutely delicious. If you would like to share more about your visit, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review. See you again soon!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014

After four nights at Le Mirage it is time to go home. While economically priced (New Year's Eve price is outrageous...as all hotels in LV are) this hotel has nice rooms which are large but can use some upgrading in their ventilation system. The casino is extremely smokey and that smoke carries up to the hallways to the rooms, even up to the 22nd floor. Only walking through the casino to exit the hotel and never spending any time in gambling I can't wait to get home to wash my clothing and get some fresh air into my lungs. The Venetian and Bellagio have much better ventilation systems so if you prefer a cleaner air environment I suggest you try one of these.

The view of The Strip is excellent for rooms facing that direction. This view also allows for the viewing of the erupting volcano each evening. The hotel does a great job of keeping its floors clean at all times.

The clock and iron in my room did not work but a staff member was sent to rectify this as soon as it was phoned in. All staff were courteous and friendly. WiFi is extremely difficult to receive in the rooms. We had difficulty logging on each day and when it did work it was very slow. Also, The staff at check in we're very helpful and friendly. As for the beds, each member of our family had excellent sleeps with beds being very comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms facing The Strip have great views which also overlook the erupting volcano in the evening.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your Mirage visit. Thank you for visiting us during the New Year’s celebration. Thank you for also for your feedback regarding the smoke on our Casino floor. Your feedback will enable us to monitor these specific areas to better the guest experiences we provide. I am happy to hear that our Front Desk and Housekeeping staff were able to assist you with your clock and iron. If you have more to share about your visit, please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Love the table games & dealers! Rooms are getting a little run down. As of what the dealers said, they are going to do a HUGE renovation & FINALLY put a bar in the middle of the casino floor. They do need some new restaurants that are more budget friendly. We wanted breakfast & there is only 1 place besides the buffet to get it & the line is always huge! Therefore you have to leave the resort to find a good meal that won't cost a fortune. But it's still my favorite place to stay in vegas.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for letting me know about your Mirage visit!!! The Mirage is feeling the love and I am excited to hear that The Mirage is your favorite Las Vegas hotel. I appreciate your feedback about needing more breakfast options. If you would like to share more feedback about your any of your visits, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. See you again soon!
Calgary
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The location is excellent. Right on the strip near the busiest parts of it. Because it is on the side of the strip near the freeway, getting to and from the hotel is much easier than the other side. Taxis cost much less and traffic is less severe.

The rooms are nicely renovated and spacious. Freeway noise is audible inside the rooms. Bathrooms are small, but good enough. No coffee maker or tea. The minibar system is weight sensitive so the moment you lift up an item you have purchased it [or you can live in fear of going near it like I did]....

Slowest Wifi I have even seen. Worse than dial up. The wired LAN is just as slow and less reliable. Lobby Wifi is an extra charge.

Housekeeping is iffy. I doubt the carpets are vacuumed or cleaned (they looked disgusting). The house keeping staff were very inconsistent. In my 4 night stay, I was treated to a different number of towels and selection of shampoos/soaps every night [or lack thereof in the case of shampoo for the first 2 nights].

Service is mediocre. Bell hops need to be approached before offering assistance. Long lines for the front desk or the tour desk [as is the norm for Vegas]. Dysfunctional taxi queuing system by their insistence on loading 1 taxi at a time, when taxis are lined up waiting for customers. Don't expect the staff to even hold door open for you here [again as is the norm for Vegas]

The Cravings buffet is okay. The food stations cover 3 of the 4 walls, but there's not much choice at each station. The quality of the food is decent, though the price seems a bit high given the selection. That said, the lines are considerably better than other buffets in Vegas.

Note: $25USD resort fee/night/room. Fitness centre access is not included.

Room Tip: Higher floor
Green Features: Overly "environmentally friendly" thermostat.
1 Thank Grounded500
I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your Mirage trip. I apologize for the lack of guest service you experienced during your trip. When you are available, can you please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I would like to speak with you more about the details of your stay. Thank you for the opportunity to learn about your visit. I hope to hear from you.
Maroa, Illinois
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Great overall stay! We had not stayed at this property before but we will again for sure. We had good food at the California
Pizza. All staff were helpful and pleasant from the valet, front desk, and all servers.

1 Thank ChiefWilK
Thank you for choosing The Mirage for your recent Las Vegas destination. I know that you have many hotel choices and I am happy that you chose The Mirage. I am glad that all of our hotel staff were able to assist you and provide a great experience. If you have additional comments you would like to share, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Hope to see you again soon.