“Terrific Customer Service!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Evansville, Indiana
“Terrific Customer Service!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I traveled to Las Vegas for our 1 year wedding anniversary for 2 nights in August (very slow in posting a review - sorry!) It was Monday-Wednesday, in the dead of summer, and we booked a Standard Room at Mirage for like $50. We'd never stayed there before but the price was too good to pass up. While checking in, I mentioned to the clerk that it was our anniversary and we were excited to be there, and she was wonderful - she upgraded us to a suite on the 26th floor at no extra charge! We've never stayed in a room so nice! It was a such an unexpected surprise and really made our anniversary trip special. I love great customer service and think Mirage displayed that. They didn't have to upgrade us but now we tell our story and refer them to our friends. It was a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Go during the week (Monday-Wednesday) - you may get an upgrade!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MrsMcD0819
Relita B, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! I am excited that you chose The Mirage to celebrate your very special occasion! Guest service is our highest priority and I love that our Front Desk agent was able to upgrade you to a Tower Suite to help make your stay more special! Should you like to share more details about your anniversary Mirage visit, please feel free to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review and your recommendation! I hope we can welcome you back to The Mirage again soon…. Maybe for your 2nd year anniversary???

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,497)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. Second time in vegas. Stayed in the MGM the first time round. When we got the hotel we qued for around 20mins which was slighty annoyed after being in the car for the past 6 hours. Hotel was nice, very clean. Lots of variety for eating / drinking.

Pool was lovely but stupidly over crowded. I was up by 9 each morning to get down to the pool and I would say around 50% of the beds already had towels down at this time. If you are a late sleeper you will struggle to get a bed in the sun. The beds were also side by side so you had to get on and off sliding forward as there was no room between the beds. At one point I sprayed my lotion and the bloke next to me said thanks and started rubbing it in on his arms!!

The gaming area was pretty average so we decided to gamble elsewhere where there was more room / more to chose from.

Drinks are very expensive round the pool but I think that is standard for vegas. A large malibu and coke was around $15!

All in all pretty average stay and wouldn't come back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren B
I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your September Mirage trip. I am sorry to hear that your trip did not start out right due to the wait at our Front Desk. Thank you also for your feedback about the available chairs and sunbeds at our Pool. Pool season is just around the corner and your feedback will help us to monitor these specific areas to improve our guest service experience. If you have additional comments you would like to share, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I hope we will get the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on my first visit to Vegas and had an amazing time. The hotel was clean with great amenities, staff were helpful and friendly and it has a great strip location. We had one night in a standard queen room, which was huge and very comfortable, but decided to splash out and upgrade to a suite for the rest of our trip. This was the best decision we ever made, for $150 a night extra, we got a strip view penthouse suite which was AMAZING!! The Mirage is a great hotel and is reasonable priced, it has a good casino, a great buffet and is also the home of Cirque du Soleil's Love. I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed September 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The Mirage has been my main "go to" Strip hotel for many years, and it's still a lovely place, although perhaps showing its age a bit despite recent room renovations. I love the tropical ambience and coconut aroma that hits you when you enter. The casino is tastefully lit and seems less harsh than some of the more frenetic ones, and the hike to the elevators isn’t too bad. Staff was very accommodating in finding us a room that was ready for early check-in and not too far down the end of the long hallways. We even got a Strip view and partial view of the volcano out front.

The room itself was comfortable and tastefully decorated. Having windows that actually open is a bonus. Everything was in good working order, although with a few cosmetic blemishes, most notably a large rust stain around the tub drain. Comfortable bed and plenty of closet & drawer space. No robes provided, somewhat surprising as this has become a fairly standard amenity elsewhere. Housekeeping was attentive; after noticing a hand towel put on the floor next to the sink, they left a second floor mat for the duration of our stay.

Unfortunately they have eliminated the coffee shop, which limits choices for breakfast and casual meals - we went across the street to the Grand Luxe Cafe at the Venetian, or next door to the Forum shops. But this is somewhat offset by the addition of a Starbucks, which has some good light breakfast options.

Entertainment is great - Love and Terry Fator - and it's convenient to be able to pick up tickets for any of the other MGM properties at the box office here. I still really enjoy Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and dolphin habitat, although part of it has been blocked off and torn up. The pool also was undergoing maintenance during our stay, so the poolside restaurant was closed. I didn’t notice any reduction in the “resort fee,” however (a really irritating practice to make the rate look cheaper than it is, common to most Las Vegas hotels). But I did find a great promotional rate for this visit, so it was a good value.

I think the Mirage has one of the best locations on the Strip, close to many other interesting properties and a short walk to the Fashion Show Mall. Also very easy to access from the freeway (Spring Mountain exit, turn in at TI) without having to get caught up in Strip traffic.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Seattle98101
WOOHOO!!! Thank you for choosing The Mirage year after year! I know that you have many hotel choices and I am ecstatic that you continue to choose The Mirage! It is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of a promotional offer! I am excited to hear that you have experienced Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil, Terry Fator: The VOICE of Entertainment, and Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. If you would like to share more about any of your Mirage experiences, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review. See you again soon!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Mirage for a long weekend getaway. The location was great - very central. The staff were very helpful with good recommendations and information about attractions. I had breakfast at the buffet every day. That was great although a little pricey if not included with your room. The only negative was the wifi access. That was very sporadic and made it impossible to even look up restaurant reviews online. We spoke to the tech staff about it and they said they were working on it but it never improved. They did give us a credit as a result but I would have rather not had the credit and just had wifi access. If they fix that I'll be back.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maureen M
Thank you for letting me know about your recent Mirage stay. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast option at Cravings buffet. I LOOOOOVE their dessert section! The cookies, the freshly made whipped cream, and the gelato! I am sorry the wifi was not working properly and I appreciated the opportunity for our Front Desk to address your concerns. If you have more details to share, please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The perfection combination of Tropical Getaway smothered in Cosmopolitan Romance..

Right from the start of entering the Mirage, we couldn't believe the massive difference in the courtesy of the employees from the place we had been staying previously. There was as bit of a line, but I didn't even notice it thanks to the extremely friendly and entertaining Front Desk staff member that stood by the front of the line giving a nice distracting explanation of the Aquarium and the multitudes of beautiful fish that made up the back side of the beautiful front desk. All of the staff were extremely kind - everyone of them, apart from maybe one cock-tail waitress for whatever reason her day was probably going bad but there was a good hundred to 1 ratio of awesome vs impolite staff.

Everything was extremely beautiful, all the way up to our hotel room which was extremely comfortable, modern and had all the things you would need including a mini-bar that was well stocked. The safe was easy to operate as well as the heating controls and the TV(had some nice input jacks for hooking up your laptop too, I had wished we brought ours it would of been fun).
Bed were very fluffy and extremely clean, as well as the bathroom and towels etc.

Slots were actually better then anywhere else in the city that we went to and went to a lot of places - we couldn't believe that we had gotten so fortunate.

I loved how they blended the Tropical theme they had(that was very soothing) with the very modern(marble floors etc. and very fun machines.

Hands down one of my favorite stays so far worldwide and I'd suggest it to anyone going through Vegas.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DylanKnell
YES!!! I love that The Mirage is one of your favorite hotels! Thank you for all of your compliments about our resort and staff members! It is exciting to know that you ran into some luck on our Casino slots! If you have more to share, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review and recommendation! Hope to see you again for another tropical getaway!
Pomona, California
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This was my first time I stayed at the mirage casino in Las Vegas.But certainly not the last.The mirage hotel and casino in Las Vegas is now first on my list for a Las Vegas trips.Their friendly staff made our 21st wedding anniversary escape an experience to remember.

Room Tip: One of the best furnished room with taste and functionality in mind, very clean and neat bathroom...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family