“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #47 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

During our brief stay, my husband and I had a blast at the Mirage. Not only was the view amazing but the beds are the most incredible beds we have ever slept in! And the Secret Garden with the dolphin, tigers and other big cats is a must see! We hope to be able to visit again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank spaulin
Jenn L, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
It is fantastic that you LOVED your visit and liked our beds so much!!! Did you know you can purchase them from our website? I am happy you went to Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat and enjoyed the view from your room. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com when you plan to return so I can help make your next visit as special as this past one.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,478)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I know Vegas is not cheap by any means, but The Mirage takes the cake. As we waited for our room that was two hours late we decided to have a beer at the bar next to check in. I asked for two Heinekens, and was charged $17.50! That was the last beer I would pay for at the Mirage. I felt all restaurants were over priced as well. So on the mornings we wanted something lighter, we walked over to the Venetian and enjoyed the food courts there. The only outstanding service we got was from a bar tender Named Clinton at the sports bar.

2 Thank Gary T
I am so sorry you had to wait for your room to be ready and that you paid so much for the Heinekens. It makes me sad your stay got off to such a rocky start. I am glad, however, that Clinton at The Sports Bar took care of you and provided you the one bit of outstanding service. Since the rest of your stay was so disappointing, I would really like to speak with you personally. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com with your contact information and I will email or call you. I look forward to speaking with you.
Mclean, Virginia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

For the price, there may not be a better hotel on the Strip. Knowing the Mirage was renovated within the last three or four years was a major reason we chose it. The rooms are top-notch, and the gambling options are great, though the floor is smaller than most other casino. On the other hand, the sports boo is one of the three or four nicest on the Strip. Free wireless and gym use is unheard of on the Strip, but is included with the (admittedly reasonable) ~$30 resort fee. Pool is nice, as is the spa (spa is missable, though). Employees are incredibly friendly.

Food options were pricey. Didn't go to any.

Would stay again.

2 Thank Matt C
It is fantastic you took advantage of our new Sports Book and enjoyed our fitness center. While I am sad you did not try any of our restaurants, I am happy our staff was friendly and you liked our pool. Please do not hesitate to email Tripadvisor@mirage.com when you plan to return and I will answer any questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Islip Terrace, New York
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Service and hotel amenities were excellent. Siegried and Roy secret garden and dolphin habitat was enjoyable. The food services were also excellent. The Carnegie deli was open 24 hrs if you wanted a late night snack. The cravings buffet was also a good deal. There was quite a large variety to choose from and
also included beer and wine. The rom was clean and staff friendly and helpful. My next trip to Las Vegas will definitely be at the mirage.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lorraine L
Jenn L, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
YAY! I am happy you are planning to visit The Mirage again on your next trip to Las Vegas! It is wonderful you enjoyed our dining options (especially Carnegie Deli, my personal favorite) and liked Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. If you have any more details of your past stay or questions about your future ones please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Hopefully I will hear from you soon!
Garden City, New York
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My family and I stayed at the Mirage for three nights the week of March 10th. My first stay here was back in the Vegas Vacation/Margaritaville-ish decor days. My most recent visit was for the debut of the Beatle's Love in 2006. The casino and restaurant areas have undergone extensive renovations in the interim and are more upscale now. Our check-in was smooth and easy. The trip from the lobby to the guest elevators was, as in the past, long and awkward, winding through the casino. Utilize the bell desk for all your luggage; they are fast, efficient and friendly. The room we stayed in on the 21st floor of the north wing was nice but dated and could use refreshing. Please ditch the comforters, Mirage. We were given a free upgrade to a Strip View room which afforded us with a phenomenal view of the volcano and the High Roller. One word of caution: even on upper floors the volcano is quite loud and scared our children somewhat. The last show is at 11 pm and lasts just a few minutes so it's fine for most of us but if you turn in early don't take a Strip View room.

We were offered free passes to see Siegfried and Roy's tiger and dolphin sanctuary, which we gratefully accepted. Our seven year old twins loved it, and our timing was perfect, arriving just at the start of a dolphin exhibition where we could sit or kneel at the tank's edge within petting distance of the dolphins. This is a must see for families with young children. You can also pay extra to be part of the show, suit up and feed the dolphins. The tiger zoo area is small and most of them sleep during the day, so that is a quick visit.

The hotel's location is ideal being across the street from the entrance to the new Linq shopping district which has the High Roller ride at the far end of it. You are also close to the entrance to the Caesar's Palace Forum shops next door. There is also plentiful free parking in the garage out back, which makes it convenient to get to your rooms without dealing with the crowd at the front entrance when valet parking.

We also took advantage of the current promotion to get two free show tickets at participating hotels, and chose to take our children to see Cirque du Soleil's Love for our 10th anniversary. It's well worth the cost and with the promotion makes it quite affordable. I think if you are in Vegas and don't see at least one Cirque du Soleil show you're missing a good bet. But if you haven't seen Love and are a Beatle's fan that alone makes it worth the visit. It's a Must See. Do it before the show leaves the Mirage next year.

Our meals in the Carnegie Deli and the breakfast coffee shop were adequate. Most of our meals were taken elsewhere. All in all we enjoyed our stay at the Mirage. I can't help feel like the overall atmosphere, especially in the casino, has changed into something more formal than in the old days when thatched palm trellises covered the gaming tables and palm trees towered nearby in the atrium before being replaced by the restaurants of celebrity chefs.

Room Tip: Avoid Strip View rooms facing the volcano if turning in before midnight
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tom_Rich-CP_Travel
I am sorry your room felt a bit dated and you did not enjoy the comforter on the bed. However, I am glad you had the fantastic strip view and were helped by our friendly bell staff! I LOVE how you have been coming here since the Vegas Vacation days! I keep getting reminded by guests to watch that movie so I can get a taste of what The Mirage used to look like! While your review is very thorough, feel free to email Tripadvisor@mirage.com with questions about future travels or pictures you took of The Mirage when you first visited! Hopefully I will hear from you soon!
Ionia, MI
Reviewed 22 March 2014

All in all the hotel was nice, our room was starting to look beat up, the chairs were dirty and broke, did not like sitting in dirty chairs. The beds were comfy, and we the place was quite. Went to the Beatles Love show and just loved it, worth every penny we spent!!! Went for a massage, it was great until the guy giving the massage starting talking about the last 1/2 hour of my massage. I paid $180 dollars for the massage and did not care to talk, just wanted to enjoy my massage.
Your cleaning staff was great and were very friendly as was the young lady at check in. Also, I would rather have a frig in the room that we can use, not one filled with over priced drinks and snacks. Your web site says that two robes would be in the room for our use, did not have any robes as promised.

Room Tip: Higher floor with strip view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cindyc08
I am sorry your esthetician started talking to you during your massage and you were not provided robes/slippers as promised. I am also disappointed your room was not in the best condition. Would you mind emailing me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com so we discuss these issues? Please also include your room number in your email so I can have housekeeping and engineering take a look at the condition of your room. Despite your inconveniences I am glad you enjoyed The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil show. Again please do not hesitate to contact me, I look forward to hearing from you.
Southern California
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Long line at check-in, less than friendly staff at check-in. Room was nice and clean, except for a small piece of trash on floor. No coffee in room. In-room dining menu shows $14.00 for a pot of coffee, but they charged $18.00. I was told there would be a $4.00 room service fee added, but it was $9.00 (PLUS a room service fee tax). Not enough money to complain about (wasn't worth my time), but enough to irritate me. I stayed here because we went to Las Vegas to see "LOVE". I love LOVE and would love to see it again. Only stayed 1 night (2 rooms) with Blanche, Rose, and my mom, Sophia. Lovely view of the strip. Love, Dorothy.
*I had to have American Express remove the "72 hour) hold on funds after a week.

Room Tip: 21st floor with view of strip and volcano show.
2 Thank mishka2010
I am really sorry your check in experience was not pleasant. I am also sorry the pot of coffee cost more than what was on the in room dining menu. I have forwarded this review to my in room dining team so they can investigate why this occurred. Despite these issues I am glad you were able to enjoy The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil and that you had a fantastic view from your room. I would really like to personally discuss your visit with you so please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.