“Back-to-back trips, and excellence both years”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #47 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Round Rock
“Back-to-back trips, and excellence both years”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This was my 2nd year in a row to stay at The Mirage during March, and it was just as great as the year before. I had an incredible, quiet and spacious room with a view of the volcano (21st floor) and was treated great my entire trip.

From the sports book staff, to the waitresses on the gaming floor, to the staff inside BLT and Carnegie Deli, and even out at Bare Pool ... no one treated me poorly and everyone had a smile and nice words to say.

One of the most convenient places you can stay on the Strip with easy access to the monorail -- right across the street through Harrah's -- and within walking distance to pretty much everything from Planet Hollywood all the way up to the Wynn/Encore.

Great rates, great service, great amenities, great atmosphere ... The Mirage does is again!

I wonder where I'll be staying in 2015?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
I'd like to take a guess at where you are staying in 2015...email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com as I would love to assist with that reservation!! You hit on everything that we work so hard on - service, service, service. Carnegie and BLT are two really great restaurants and the music and overall scene at BARE is truly memorable. Did you get a cabana out there? Thank you so much for your review and for your 2 previous visits. They say the third time is a charm - I can't imagine what your next stay is going to be like!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,476)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 March 2014

While visiting Las Vegas, we visited the Mirage several times. The Terry Fator from America's Got Talent was very entertaining and funny. Some told me they had seen his show several times and he changes the shows to keep them fresh. Years before, the white tigers were accessible to see without paying $20 a piece.......Disappointed. Also, very crowded every time around the valet, taxis, bellman, etc. Very confusing with all the lines waiting! Not sure I would want to stay there.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Terry Fator plays an incredible role in making The Mirage so memorable. I am sorry about the fee for the Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. I am not sure when you will return, but later in the year we are adding a new attraction out there called Stingray Bay - I am really excited about that! I, much like you, don't like confusing lines and it sounds like you experienced one out in front of The Mirage. Please let me know when you visited at tripadvisor@mirage.com as I want to know what happened. There are very rarely confusing lines there although sometimes the taxi line gets a little long. Having said that, and waited in that line, it is the swiftest moving line anywhere! Thank you for your review, and please email me the next time you are thinking about a trip to Vegas as I want to make sure you stay with us in addition to visiting us:)
Philadephia, PA
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The hotel rooms are large and well appointed. I didn't hear any noisy neighbors and slept quite well. The location on the strip is also ideal for checking out the local sites. My only complaint is that the restaurants which face the casino floor were not enclosed so they were very smoky. I know that casinos allow smoking (which still surprises me), but the restaurants should have a way to keep smoke free, maybe enclose them. The restaurants that did not sit directly on the casino floor were much better to eat at.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
I am so sorry about the "smoky" experience you had at our restaurants that faced the casino floor. Hopefully it didn't impact the meals you had at these restaurants. I am glad you slept well and that you enjoyed the amazing location of The Mirage. Where else did you eat that wasn't facing the casino floor - did you get to enjoy Paradise Cafe out by the pool? That is one of my favorite summer time places to dine in all of Vegas. Please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com to share more details about your stay, particularly where you ate that was so smoky, and at the risk of you not caring, share your thoughts about the Eagles releasing Desean and signing Mark...being from Philadelphia, I am a bit confused...
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

3rd trip to Vegas and stayed at The Mirage because I knew its central location on the strip - and also like the small zoo and dolphin pools attached to the Hotel as have previously visited them.
Room was an excellent size with a great side view of the Strip and well stocked with extras both free and chargeable.
Pool was to cold for early March - would be good for it to be heated - but there is a small Spa Pool that i spent sometime in which was nice.
Across the road from The Venetian and next door to Cesars Palace so as I say a great location.
Because of its size (And location) it can get very noisy and loud downstairs - and more than ver there was a lot of drunk people milling around . I get it, its Vegas but a noticeable increase on my last visit in 2007.
Find the casino can seem a bit claustrophobic and confusing - better lay out in other hotels.
As with all the strip hotels its only 20 minutes from the airport which is excellent.
So great service, good price and location and excellent rooms are the pluses - the slight negatives are the very busy public areas and tightly packed casino - and, as kits getting older not as swish as some of the more modern hotels.
Still a good place though.

Generall tip on Vegas: Make sure the cab driver doesn't take you to your hotel round the outer freeway - there is no need to do this and it more than doubles the price - ask to go via the strip whatever day or time it is. Always cheaper - seems to be a well known ploy with tourists

Room Tip: higher floor with strip views
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Iainthomas39
I am so glad to read your review. We are working hard every day to not just have good service, but elevate it to great service with each and every interaction. It sounds like we succeeded during your visit. I am so sorry the pool was cold, we typically heat it all year round to about 80 degrees but from your review, that wasn't where it was during your stay. Also, thanks for providing the tip to everyone about the cab ride. If you have anything else you'd like to share with me, please email tripadvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to your next holiday spent with us - hopefully sooner rather than later.
Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We had a great time. The food was delicious and theres a huge variety in the Cravings buffet. The sandwiches at the Carnegie deli were out of this world, you definitely get your money's worth. The staff was wonderful. I will definitely return for another stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
I love to read about great vacations!! If you feel you left anything out, email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com. Which sandwich did you enjoy at Carnegie Deli? One of the people that I work with devours an entire pastrami on rye! Eats every last bite, and at least two of the amazing pickles they serve, and some of my fries. I don't know how he does it. I am so glad we were part of your vacation and from the sounds of it, we will be part of another one soon. Thank you so much for choosing to spend your valuable vacation time with us.
Wilmington, Ohio
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was at the Mirage for the first week of March Madness. The room was clean, everything worked, the staff was friendly, and my check-in and check-out was quick and efficient. The pool area was beautiful and the music was kept at a tolerable volume. The restaurants were a bit pricey, but I would say the buffet, Cravings, was the most bang for the buck.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank donaldclagett
March Madness was AWESOME this year. Did you have a favorite in this year's tournament? My alma mater St. Joseph's University was beating UConn the whole game and now look at UConn...final four:( Oh well, the Hawk Will Never Die! OK, back to your review, Cravings is definitely the best bang for the buck, especially with unlimited beer and wine recently added, its great food and drink. Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon. If there is anything you feel you left out, please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com.
Katowice, Poland
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Standard room was way bigger i thought it would be. Rooms were very clean and beds were comfy. Since it was a business trip, large desk and various PC to TV connection options enabled us to make some small briefing before meetings just inside our rooms.

Cravings Buffet is a decent place with excellent value i can fully recommend it.

The only problem is that we booked through booking.com and the website rate was different (lower) than the one we received at the hotel's desk. Fortunately everything was clarified before we left and we paid the lowest rate available

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I am so glad to hear you got the rates straightened out. If you have any further questions about what happened, please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com. Also, our beds are incredible - so incredible that I actually sleep on one. You can order them on our website so then you will have a little slice of The Mirage at your home. Thank you so much for your review and I hope we get to see you again real soon!