“Easy to navigate!”

Ranked #47 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“Easy to navigate!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week and found the hotel.to be just the right size. It was easy to navigate after spending day and night walking the strip it was nice not to have to walk a mile to get your room. Wifi was extremely slow no matter when I logged on. The Beatles love show is a must see. I had the best sleep on their mattress and pillows a definite plus. The only downfall the need more inexpensive dining options the Venetian had a great food court. We did try Cravings buffet it was ok, we also tried carnegie deli and blt burger and california pizza kitchen they were all good.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
I am so sorry you experienced poor internet service during your stay. I assure you, we are working on fixing this issue. I am glad you tried all of our restaurants (especially Carnegie Deli) and that you LOVED our mattresses and pillows! I just got back from my honeymoon and while the beds at my hotel were comfortable, they were nothing compared to ours here. Please do not hesitate to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com when you are planning to return or if you have any questions, I would love to hear more about your past and future visits!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,498)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Clear Lake, Iowa
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great place to stay and location on the strip is perfect. The selection of dining options is great! Friendly helpful staff! Great Sports Book. Rooms are above standards by far! We will be back many times!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
I am so happy you enjoyed your visit with The Mirage. Which suite did you get the chance to stay in during your visit? Email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com. Also let me know where you ate - we do have great options for every type of meal - and in the near future we will be adding 2 new restaurants, one that has a focus on breakfast while being open for 24 hours and one that will give us the opportunity to welcome our second celebrity chef - Chef Morimoto! Stay tuned, we are only going to get better for each of your many trips! Thank you and I hope we get to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Not Good!
I have been an M Life member staying at The Mirage for several years, but no more! Family vacation, always loved the pool, but this year, water was freezing! Staff said the heaters were broken, but NOBODY in the hotel management staff was willing to do do anything about it!
I have been with a convention that has been at hotel for years, but am now concerned about their WiFI and Internet connection speed. WiFi connection in room has been very slow, I am now having to connect to a Verizon Data Card to write this review. Next time this traveler will be staying and gambling at the Wynn or Venetian/Palazzo

We had Breakfast at their poolside restaurant, which was overpriced and mediocre. Then, the waiter brought the bill, and said that they could not accept a room charge, because their system was down. I told him that they would have to trust me, and when the system was back up, they could process the charge, he told me that that was not an option, and he would require cash, or a credit card, which I did not have with me, and would mean the casino would never comp me for a $127 breakfast for four.

The hotel has always provided us with a late checkout, but this year they had "standard-lame excuse about the room being occupied the next night, and they could not give a late checkout., even though our room was never made-up before 4pm. and I actually had to call one day at 5pm to let request maid service.

Room Tip: Rooms with Strip View are very nice!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Chi_Family2014
Wow! I am so sorry about this last experience with us. When you get a moment, could you please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com, I'd love to know what the resolution was for the Paradise Cafe breakfast. I would also love the chance to talk to you about your overall stay - and as for the temperature of the pool, we have struggled this year with the heating system. We are currently installing some new equipment that will ensure the temperature of the pool is easily controlled and raised to a comfortable 80 degrees every day of the year. I hope I get the chance to speak with you, but if not, I will share this review with my Dream Team to improve in the areas where we fell down! Thank you for that.
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed back in September /13 this review is a little over due.

I stayed with my boyfriend for a friends wedding. We loved everything about the mirage. We arrived early for check in. and dispite the room not being ready they took excellent care of us. the guest service we recieved was friendly and curteous.
I myself work as a hotel front desk agent. and notice the small things and I can happily say that from the lobby to the room we were extremely happy and we plan on coming back this august and will make mirage our number 1 choice each time.

Thank you For Everything!!!
Sam

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Samantha S
Wow - what a great endorsement from someone "in the biz." Which hotel do you work in? I am so happy that we took such great care of you even when the room was not ready right as you arrived. Please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com if you have any other feedback that you'd like to share with me. I hope we get to see you again real soon and thank you for your review, no matter how long it took you to share:)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The location in the middle of the strip is very convenient. The restaurants are good and the pool is GREAT. The rooms are very nice, newly renovated...at least the one I was in. I have stayed in a lot of different hotels in Vegas...this is one off my faves:-)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lisa123lisa123
I agree - The Mirage is in a perfect location on the strip and is a great place to stay and play (and work)!! I am so happy that we are one of your faves - what can I do to assure we are your one and only fave:) Email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com to share your insights with me. Thank you for your visit and the review - I hope we get to see you again real soon!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed first week of january 2014. Hotel is centrally located. We rented a car from the airport. Valet parking is amazing and the hotel exit is well placed to get u to the mall or quick access to the freeway. Check in is fast and efficient. We were assigned room with strip view but that meant we were directly above the restaurant exhaust vents. Since our room was a little stuffy and the AC was broken we opened our window for some fresh air...but all we got was air that smelled of grease! I suppose that issue is moot during hot weather since AC would always be running but it was an issue for us. Room was clean and what we expected. My spouse wasn't happy with the pillows. Within minutes of mentioning it to front desk, housekeeping arrived at the door with another selection. Our main complaint has to do with noise level at night. Room doors are too easy to swing or rather slam shut. All night long u could hear doors slamming away. The room walls are also very thin. You can hear people in the corridors and in their rooms. I always sleep with earplugs when travelling but they were no match for the hallway noises in this hotel! Otherwise, staff are very friendly. We were lucky to have had 1 daily entrance per person at the buffet included in our package. What a great deal! Food was varied and excellent!
All in all we would definitely go back. However visitors beware! The wifi is not secure. I followed their instructions. I only accessed my email once when in las vegas, in my hotel room and was hacked! I found out two weeks later when yahoo informed me that someone was logging on in nevada....and thence the spamming began... Just make sure u r well protected.

While there we drove to red rocks which was gorgeous! We drove to hoover dam and then directly to skywalk on grand canyon. It was totally worth the trip! We caught the very naughty vinnie favorito show at the flamingo hotel and we are still smiling! We were lucky to catch wayne brady at the mirage! We didnt get a chance to see anything else but just strolling the strip kept us busy! We are looking forward to going back to vegas and staying at the mirage!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mrstravelots
Although I am happy to hear that most of your trip was wonderful, including the level of staff friendliness, I am not happy to hear about the smell in your room, the a/c being broken, and that your email was hacked. I am sorry about all that. Can you email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com and let me know which room you stayed in while visiting with us? I would also like to talk to you a little more about the WiFi situation as the network is something we are definitely making efforts towards improving as it relates to signal strength. I have not heard anything like this before about getting your email hacked. I want to look further into that. Thank you much for the feedback and I look forward to your next visit!!
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband and I have never stayed at the Mirage. This would be my only complaint - when we inquired about the price last summer we were told by the woman on the phone that the Mirage is a "step up" from the MC and NYNY so that's why the price was so much higher (we usually stay at MC or NYNY although we've also stayed at Aria and Excalibur). The reason this hotel gets an excellent is for everything else. We do enjoy going there every time we are in Vegas (and we come twice a year). The waitress are wonderful! They are friendly, quick, engage in conversation when they have time (which they are polite enough to seem like they do have time to talk to us), and the drinks are perfect. We were even at the Mirage one summer when the A/C didn't work for a day and there were hotel personnel handing out water at the front and throughout the casino. The games seem to be generous and we can't complain. We have never played tables there because the limit is high or the lower limit craps table is too crowded to even squeeze in. We have been to the buffet many times and it is by far better than the Bellagio, MGM, Monte Carlo, or Aria buffet. We have also seen Terry Fator there and eaten at the Burger place that is by the front doors. If you're in Vegas, you need to go here!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JennyinMA2
Thank you so much for your review of The Mirage - hopefully we can get you in as an overnight guest soon? Email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com and I can see what type of rates we have available for your next visit. I so remember when the transformer blew and we all hit the casino floor with bottles of water - not fun for the guests who didn't have any A/C but I loved how our amazing Dream Team responded!! Also, I too love eating at the burger place - it is called BLT. They have revamped their menu and have a couple of nationally recognized award winning burgers on their menu - delish! I hope we get to see you again soon and thank you for the feedback.