“wow amazing holiday”

GreenLeadersGold level
scotland
“wow amazing holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

me and my hubby went to vegas for my 40th as it was on my bucket list. we stayed may 2012 for 10 or 12 nights. we split the break over 4 hotels as I wanted to try them out. firstly we stayed in the mirage, and seen the cirque de soli Beatles show and Jeff dunham ventriloquist show @ the big cats in the garden, and spent time by the pool. then went to the other end of the strip and stayed in a suite in The Hotel at the mandlay bay, very modern but a bit dark, this hotel had a great pool & wave machine etc. we then went to the Vdara suites in the city centre all new and shiny, but the pool area got too hot with the sun reflecting off the glass building, ouch! then for the my actual birthday the Bellagio, I was given a room overlooking the fountains, and this really made my day, so much so it made me shed a tear, another think checked of my bucket list. we went to their nightclub which was fun and seen another cirque de soli show. I loved seeing the different hotels. found lots of great places to eat, lots to do, but really really really really got annoyed with the card flickers who kept pushing the stipper/hooker cards in your face, went into all the different hotels and was there when a big fight was on and the place got really busy really fast. went on a horseriding bbq trip into the desert which was awesome with brill pics. We also done the Grand Canyon, by plane, boat and helicopter and done the sky walk, so many thinks checked of my bucket list. awesome holiday. I know people who go every year, but they are gamblers & drinkers so their ideal destination, but I thought that once I've done it I wont do it again, but here I am a few years later and guess what I would love to go back. we renewed our vows at the drive thru chapel, that was funny. we had a blast. went downtown and we seen so many 'weirdos' some in a good way some not so. the beds at the hotels were so so comfy i want one at home.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nessie2665
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
It certainly sounds like you had the entire Vegas hotel experience! I am thrilled The Mirage was one of the 4 properties you visited and you LOVED your stay. You mentioned how you want one of our beds at home...did you know they can be purchased online?! Just go to our website! I would be more than happy to hear more details of your 10 day trip and what else you crossed off your bucket list while here, so please do not hesitate to email Tripadvisor@mirage.com. Perhaps another visit is in the future for this upcoming summer? Just let me know! Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,397)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel! Central strip location (right next to Caesars palace, opposite the Venetian)... Wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

Amazing pool area. Lots of sunbeds available and free pool towels.

I was in a twin suite which had two queen sized beds! Plenty of floor space and nice bathroom.

Not the biggest hotel on the strip but a good base!

Go to Rhumbar and cirque du soleil if you get a chance!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
I LOVE that you LOVE our hotel! We definitely have a fantastic location and pool. Rhumbar is also one of Vegas's best kept secrets so I am ecstatic you had the chance to go! Please feel free to email Tripadvisor@mirage.com with more details of your stay or if you have questions about your next visit. It would be wonderful to hear from you!
Sydney Australua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Enjoyed out stay at the Mirage staff are helpful and friendly. We stayed on the 25th floor private elevator to the 24th and 25th floor. Room was amazing I got a deal the Mirage had on FaceBook 30% off so the 4 of us decided to go for the 2 bedroom penthouse suite it was awesome and the view was off the strip. At night the lights where amazing. I actually walked away winning some money not everyone did. I would stay again. Don't miss the Beatles Love Show fantastic !!!!! Cost you around $15 - $20 in a taxi to the airport. Starbucks on site for coffee in the morning.

Room Tip: 24th and 25th Floor have a private elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
It sounds like you had a pretty "suite" Facebook deal! I am thrilled you were able to book a 2 bedroom Penthouse and enjoy a fabulous view of the strip. Did you see the new Linq High Roller from your room? Email Tripadvisor@mirage.com and let me know! The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil is one of my favorite shows and I also LOVE having a Starbucks on property (although my wallet doesn't). I hope you plan to return soon, please let me know when you do, I would be more than happy to help answer any questions!
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was my 5th time visiting Vegas....I LOVE this Place! I always try a new hotel each time I go and was not disappointed with my choice this time. The rooms were a good size and clean. The pool gets crowded fast, so if your going to go....go early! Also make sure you keep an eye on your belongings when taking a dip in the pool, my husband's shirt was taken and the pool staff was not accepting responsibility for it even though I believe it was the towel people who took the shirt by accident. Other then that, the staff was nice and I will come back to stay. Can't forget, that I had a great time on the casino floor as well. I won each time I played and the drinks on the floor was on point!!!!! Great Location, the Mirage has been added to the list for a second stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
WOW! Your 5th visit to Vegas?! I LOVE IT! And I LOVE how much you enjoyed our property. However, I am really sorry that your husband's shirt was taken. Please email Tripadvisor@mirage.com with your contact information and I will reach out to you directly about this incident. I am happy the rest of your stay was wonderful and you plan to return. Do you have any questions about future travels? If you do, let me know when you email me! I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Positives:
-the rooms was extremely clean
-view was good
-friendly staff
- the pool looked great
- the bed was extremely comfortable !!!

Negatives :
small bathroom. I didn't realize how small it was until I was at the hotel.

- I was addressed the wrong last name each time I called down for service which I thought was weird since the phones are screened on their end.

Would I stay here again?? Mmm I would probably not but I can't stress enough how clean this property is! It's just I need a bigger bathroom for the amount I paid for during the weekend and well I know they have upgrade rooms with dual sinks for an extra fee but I think id pass because I can get double else where and still on the strip. tried something different so we stayed at the opposite side of the strip that I usually stay at.

Clean clean!

2 Thank adelaida21
I am so sorry about your small bathroom and how you were continually addressed by the wrong last name. Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com so we can discuss these issues personally. While I am happy you enjoyed the cleanliness of our property, friendly staff and comfortable beds, I am sad these inconveniences may deter you from returning to our property. Please do not hesitate to contact me, I really hope to hear from you.
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

one of the best places on the strip. Love this hotel. Everything you need in one place. Hotel staff friendly and something going on in every area of the lobby. It was a nice balance of night life gaming and entertainment. I do recommend the pool and wild life areas.

Room Tip: Get the premium view. You will not be disapointed
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I am thrilled we lived up to your expectations and provided you a fantastic visit. It makes me so happy to hear we are one of the best places on the strip and that our staff is always so friendly. Please do not hesitate to email Tripadvisor@mirage.com with more details of your visit (such as which restaurants you tried) or if you plans for any future ones! I would LOVE to hear from you!
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

stayed here last weekend, what a crazy trip. Vegas weather didn't cooperate, so we had a lot of inside time.
The Great: for the price, I do like this place a lot. The pool is large and comfortable. Amanda and Dana at the Cabana took great care of us, as usual. Michelle, the aesthetician, gave me my very first facial....which was awesome. I got a Hospitality Suite, which was huge, about 1,700 sq feet.
The Concierge and the Front Desk (Tina), I loved them both.

The OK:
The Restaurants were nice, not great, but nice. Ate at BLT Burger at 2:00am twice. Good burgers.

The Ugh:
In the Casino, a lot of the dealers and cocktail servers were REALLY old and TIRED. Skip was the worst dealer I've ever had. Mean, arrogant, and actually forgot to deal himself a hand. His fix? back up all the dealt cards and rearrange until he had a hand. The table was ANGRY. The cocktail servers average age was seriously about 60 yrs.old: Not too inspiring to get drinks from....who does the hiring there? Horrible.

There you go, the great (Amanda, Dana, Tina, Michelle) The Good (BLT)
and the Ugly: Skip and the cocktail servers.

1 Thank Petersons608
I am very sorry about your poor experience in the casino. If you would like to personally discuss this not so great part of your visit, please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com with your contact details and I will reach out. I am happy, however, our staff members Amanda, Dana, Tina and Michelle took excellent care of you. I have forwarded this review to their supervisors so they can be recognized for their superior service and commended for being the best part of your stay. Again, please do not hesitate to contact me, I hope to hear from you soon.