“Best Vacation”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #51 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Mirage is GREAT. My sister & I stayed April 13 to 17. Nothing bad to say about this place at all.
Staff were great, our room was great. We stayed on the 19 floor with a mountain view.
We ate a several restaurants in the Mirage and all were excellent.
Hope to make this a yearly trip and go back to the Mirage next April

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

I am thrilled you found The Mirage to be GREAT! Which restaurants did you try while you were here? Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com as I would LOVE to hear more about your visit and am ecstatic you want to come back next April! I hope to hear from you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (18,688)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

When we arrived at 5:30pm to check in we were told that the king resort view room that we reserved wouldn't be ready for 3 hours due to a convention, so we accepted a room with two queen-sized beds. So, that was a bad first impression, because it's not what we had agreed upon. We then asked for a room that did not require too much walking and were told that our room was in a good location; well, they weren't being truthful, because it was located next to the very last room at the end of a wing. So, not a very good second impression. However, thereafter, they were almost perfect, even taking off a couple of day's worth of resort fees--without our asking--when we had encountered a couple of minor problems. They also responded quickly to concerns. The staff, particularly the housekeepers and restaurant personnel, were most pleasant and courteous. The concierge desk and the staff in the business center are particularly competent. The room was very clean. We ate mostly in the buffet restaurant, which was very good, but pricey. They include beer and wine--they say it's "complementary," but it hikes up the price comparative to other hotel buffets (where liquor is optional) that we tried, such as Harrah's and Treasure Island's. Incidentally, those two dinner buffets (cost and variety) were better, in our opinion. I believe Mirage should offer an option: a lower priced buffet that excludes beer and wine for those of us who do not choose to drink. Regardless, one night we tried the (red) wine and beer, and it was of low quality. The food, however, was of high quality, including both breakfast and dinner. The shows there were excellent, including the Beatles' cirque show, "Love," and the Terry Fator show. The pool is spacious, nicely designed. This was our second stay at the Mirage, and while not as great as our first one, we were happy overall.

1  Thank chas575

I am sorry you did not get your requested room type at check in and were then given a room at the end of the hallway. However, I am glad we were able to turn these hiccups around and give you a wonderful visit. It is fantastic the housekeepers and restaurant personnel were so friendly and that you enjoyed both of your shows. If you want to share more details of your visit, please email Tripadvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just finished a 5 day trip to Vegas with my daughter. Stayed at the Mirage based on location and pool. The Staff is wonderful and quite helpful, we never had any issues. I asked for a pool facing room which also gave us a partial view of the strip. This was a great view in my opinion. Our location was on the 15th floor with two beds that were quite comfortable. The room itself was a nice size with ample room for our things. Yes, the room could use some refurbishment but we were quite happy with it and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Pool facing is the nicest.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I am happy you enjoyed your room and partial view of the strip and pool! It is fantastic ours staff took such excellent care of you. Please feel free to email Tripadvisor@mirage.com with more details of your stay, or if you have plans for a future visit. I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had contacted Jenn with Guest services ahead of time mentioning that we would be celebrating my husband's recent 50th birthday as well as our honeymoon. She was kind enough to upgrade us to the 25th floor with a great view of the strip and volcano. She is definitely an asset to the hotel and we have no complaints at all about the staff.

Our room was great, being on the 25th floor we had access to elevators that only go to 24th and 25th floor which I a nice touch. Also being on the 25th floor, the bathrooms are larger with a separate tub/shower and two sinks. I was so glad to have the separate tub as I love to soak after a day of walking the strip. Unfortunately the tub was very short and I couldn't stretch out my legs which kind of defeats the purpose. The shower was fantastic! We had a great view of the volcano but only caught it at the very end of one show once.

The energy drink conference.... hmmmm Have to say this pretty much put a damper on my stay. As soon as you got off the elevator on the ground floor you couldn't move for people standing around in front of Revolution bar. You could barely get through to the casino area or get back to your room at the end of the night. We heard there were about 10,000 people (Mostly 20 something year olds) there for the conference. This made for long lineups and noisy crowds. We went to the pool once and barely found a spot to sit but had to climb over other people to get there, not my idea of a nice relaxing poolside visit.

We went to see the Beatles Love by Cirque du soleil and it was fantastic. This was our 3rd Cirque show in Vegas and they are all great!!

The Mirage is located at a great spot on the strip and the staff were wonderful. Happy to meet you Jenn, hope you enjoyed your Canadian Maple Syrup :)

Room Tip: Room 25076 had a great view of strip and volcano
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review. As for the conference attendees, we really did our best to minimize the impact their high energy had on our hotel guests and it sounds like we missed the ball for your experience - I am sorry about that! However, I am so happy that Jenn took such great care of you. She keeps teasing us with homemade pancakes in the office with the syrup but we have not been treated to that as of yet - I haven't been eating breakfast recently holding out hope that "today is the day" and it hasn't come yet. Really though, Jenn is an amazing team member and The Mirage is a better place with her working here. She has read your review and appreciates the shout out. Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to share by emailing me at tripadvisor@mirage.com.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The staff went ouf of their way to be friendly and helfpful which seems to be rare in most places these days The hotel is in a great location. The pool area is great, but VERY busy hard to get a chair in the middle of the day. The Bare pool VERY nice but be prepared to spend some money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I am happy our hotel was everything it should be!! It is fantastic our staff was friendly and helpful. We try our hardest to be the friendliest casino on the strip and reviews like yours let me know we are succeeding! Please feel free to email more details of your visit to Tripadvisor@mirage.com, I would LOVE to hear from you!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Booked the Hospitality Suite which amazed my wife and kids right when we stepped in the room. It was huge! Two bedrooms, lounge and a dining area were just perfect for our family of 4 plus a nanny.

The hotel has a great location right in the middle of the strip. Beautiful lobby with an amazing long salt-water aquarium. The buffet was also pretty good which served Alaskan crab legs (my favorite). The Mirage also hosts some of the best restaurants in Vegas which kept us dining inside the hotel most of the time.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I am thrilled you enjoyed our Hospitality Suite had a fabulous visit! Did your kids find the hidden SpongeBobs in the aquarium? Email Tripadvisor@mirage.com and let me know! I would LOVE to hear more about your stay, such as what other restaurants you liked and if your family went to Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. I hope you return to our property next year and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

To put it simply, I have never experienced a hotel like The Mirage. From the moment we arrived we realised the 3 nights we had there was not going to be enough. It is a hotel city! I was there with my wife and son, so our experience was not going to the late night partying and gambling. There was plenty for us to experience still at the hotel.

The rooms were large and the beds comfortable and we had a wonderful view of the pools looking across to Caeser's Palace. Although a small thing the shower head was in need of replacement.

It is such a big hotel it seems pointless to comment on specific interactions we had suffice to say the service was pleasant for most of the time. We enjoyed the huge pool, the shops and the restaurants. Carnegie Deli was nice with the food being comparable to the NY equivalent we had visited a few days prior.

My wife and son paid to attend the dolphin show and see the other animals, they enjoyed that.

We would return to The Mirage and to Vegas in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Simon F

I am thrilled you had such a fantastic stay, but am sorry about your shower head! Would you email Tripadvisor@mirage.com with your room number and so I can make sure engineering replaces it? It is wonderful you enjoyed our pool, shops and restaurants. It makes me so happy to hear our Carnegie Deli (my favorite restaurant) is as fabulous as New York's Carnegie Deli! Please feel free to share any more comments or concerns about your visit with me. I look forward to hearing from you!