“good location and room”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“good location and room”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The typical fancy resort&hotel in Vegas with a central location and tropical atmosphere. We stayed on a 2 queen bed room on the 12th floor facing the north west, and the room was spacious and quiet.
The only strange thing is there are no free water in the room (you have to either pay for the expensive water in room or buy a slightly cheaper bottle at the vending machine outside room), but the reception gave us a free mini bottle after we check out...

Room Tip: choose a higher floor facing the strip
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for the review and your feeling about our water. Not only should you have been given a bottle of water at check-out, we should have offered you one at check-in as well...we will need to offer that to you the next time you arrive. Sorry about that. If you have anything else you'd like to share with me, please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com and thank you so much for your visit and review. I hope we get to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,428)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our Las Vegas wedding, and having researched most of the centre strip hotels, think it offers fantastic value and amenities for its location.
We had originally booked 5 nights, but as our flights were delayed, we missed the first night and called to explain this. They made a note and when we arrived at around midnight the following day, the friendly receptionist checked us in efficiently and informed us that we'd been upgraded to a Strip view room. This was a fabulous unexpected treat as we actually had to rearrange our wedding due to the flight delays and it was just the little bit of TLC we needed!
The room was beautiful - large, classily decorated with splashes of colour and a fab bathroom - and the views were simply stunning. One night, we watched the volcano from our room, which was quite a bizarre experience - it's better from the ground - but seeing the Strip all lit up from our room was amazing. Almost better, was watching the sun rise over the mountains behind the Strip in the mornings. Simply stunning!
The casino in the Mirage is large and, while we're not gamblers, we had a great time trying to lose our money. If you don't understand the game, ask. The croupiers explain everything and are happy to answer your questions. They're also superbly friendly - particularly the bartenders at the slot machine bar.
There are so many restaurants catering for all palates, though we only ate in the Carnegie Deli for breakfast - it gets busy and we had to queue on the couple of times we used it, but it was good food at great prices.
The Mirage is perfectly located for everything you would want to see on the Strip and we did it all on foot. Yes, it's quite a walk to either end of the Strip - about 40mins to the Stratosphere and 30 to the Mandalay Bay if you don't go in any of the hotels - but it's an incredible stroll and most of the big attractions are in the centre.
I absolutely love Las Vegas and think The Mirage is a brilliant hotel - I've stayed at others, but this can't be beaten for location and value. Hopefully we'll go back in a few years and this will definitely be on our shortlist!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Temer2
I am so sorry about the flight delays but it sounds like the upgrade was just what the doctor ordered for weary travelers. I love when that happens. Thank you so much for all of your feedback about The Mirage...and I totally agree that the sunrise is an amazing feature of the strip view room. If you feel that you have left anything out, please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com. We look forward to seeing you again and CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MARRIAGE:) Many years of love and blessing to you and your spouse. 1st Anniversary trip???
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My stay was wonderful and your manager I believe his name was nick but not sure he was very helpful kind and worked hard to ensure my parents and I had a wonderful stay I will recommend and deffinately be staying at the mirage again thank you

Room Tip: Everything was clean and wonderful
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Nick is one of our Managers and he is a delight to work with! Thank you for the shout-out - I will let him know. Thank you so much for your review and your visit. It sounds like we will have the pleasure of seeing you again and that makes me happy. Please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com if you have any questions about the next trip. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at the mirage in the last two years. Location is awesome! Staff were great! Casino really good. Prices for one coffee....brutal. I would love to return to the Mirage but we may choose another place because of the pool. We were there four days last week and everyday pool chairs are full with nobody in the water! It was so cold nobody wanted to go in. Same thing last year! Everyone we talked to was very upset by the water temp. You can't swim in the water and because of this we will probably choose a hotel that we can enjoy the pool area more. If you don't use the pool at all the mirage is awesome.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Graham R
I am really happy that you mentioned how amazing our staff was while you were visiting with us. However, I am a little alarmed about the pool temperature. Can you please share with me what the dates were for your stay because we had the heaters in the pool fully upgraded the last week of April and we had to turn the heaters down because we were getting feedback that the pool was too hot (86 degrees). Please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com and I will share this with my engineering team. Thanks again for the review and I really hope we get to see you again soon!
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at the Mirage from March 30 to April 2. We arrived late on a Sunday night, and found no internet signal in our room. We called the front desk early Monday morning and were offered a different room with a router, which we accepted. They said it was already vacant and only needed to be cleaned and we could transfer there, they would call when ready. We waited all morning, no call. Finally went to lunch at the buffet. Returned at about 2PM, still no message, and waited again. Finally called front desk and were told "check-in time is 3PM, rooms not ready until then" even after we explained that we had a room already reserved for us that was vacated and ready in the morning. Finally we were told to go to a new room with a router. Internet signal was fine. Only trouble was, no room keys, so we couldn't leave the room until they were delivered. After an hour, keys were delivered. They did not work. Front desk said something must be wrong with the door, keys were coded correctly. Another 2 hours passed, with visits from security (his key worked) and finally a locksmith, who said there was nothing wrong with the door, the keys were NOT coded correctly. He returned with keys that worked.
By this time it was after 5PM. I began feeling sick and husband went to dinner alone. By 8PM I was vomiting severely and spent the rest of the night and part of the next day on the toilet. It was obvious I had been poisoned by something I ate at their lunch buffet. There were 3 things I ate that my husband didn't, and I tasted them all as I retched. There was no doubt it was the buffet. I spent the following day in bed, which pretty much ruined the entire stay for both of us.
We have stayed at MGM resorts every year for 12 years and never had a problem until now. We chose the Mirage this year because this is our 50th anniversary year, and we wanted to spend time in the casino where we stayed on our first visit to Las Vegas. It was a mistake.
When we got home, we wrote letters to the Vice Presidents of the Hotel, and Food and Beverage, describing our experience. We didn't expect anything, but it is now a month later and we weren't even afforded the courtesy of a reply from either of them.
Needless to say, we will never stay at the Mirage again.

Room Tip: If you need the internet, ask for a room with a router.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank glaser_carolyn
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
I am so glad I had the opportunity to speak with you personally about your letter and I am happy you are considering giving The Mirage another chance. As discussed, you will receive a letter from me in the next few days in regards to what we spoke about. Thank you again for providing us your valuable feedback. If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please do not hesitate to email Tripadvisor@mirage.com.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We recently completed our third trip to The Mirage in as many years. It's become our home away from home in Las Vegas for a variety of reasons. Primary among them is the quality of the customer service. From booking to check-in to the concierge and housekeeping, every employee we've ever interacted with has been friendly and customer-oriented. In addition, the hotel itself is situated in a fantastic (relatively central) location along the strip, the beds are super comfortable, the grounds are lush and green and the sports book and casino atmosphere feels like something out of a movie. It's also home to the Beatles LOVE show by Cirque du Soleil which we have now seen twice and have thoroughly enjoyed both times. For us, The Mirage is a great place to get away from it all while still feeling at home.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matt C
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
WOW!! I have had so many fantastic customer service reviews today, it makes me so happy to know everyone has been taken such good care of by our staff. I LOVE how you consider us your home away from home. If you ever want to share more details of any of the times you have stayed with us, or want to let me know about plans for your next visit, please feel free to email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Mirage is GREAT. My sister & I stayed April 13 to 17. Nothing bad to say about this place at all.
Staff were great, our room was great. We stayed on the 19 floor with a mountain view.
We ate a several restaurants in the Mirage and all were excellent.
Hope to make this a yearly trip and go back to the Mirage next April

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
I am thrilled you found The Mirage to be GREAT! Which restaurants did you try while you were here? Please email me at Tripadvisor@mirage.com as I would LOVE to hear more about your visit and am ecstatic you want to come back next April! I hope to hear from you soon!