“Wow!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Australia
“Wow!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights and could not fault this hotel at all. The rooms were spacious and clean and had a great view of the strip.

The staff were very polite and nothing was too much hassle, the amenities were plentiful and there was so much to do we didn't know where to start. The location was great as it was in the centre of the strip and there was a bus stop right outside on the main road.

There were only two (small) downsides, the first was that if you wanted a fridge in the room you had to hire one (theres one there already but it full of their products). And the second was that despite staying in the hotel and paying a $25 daily resort fee, we had to pay to see the White Tigers and Dolphins, which we both thought was a bit cheeky.

Besides that little gripe, this place was affordable and amazing

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stroothie
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I am happy you were comfortable all 5 nights of your vacation! I am sorry about those small downsides you mentioned, but am glad they didn't put too much a damper on your visit. I would love to hear about the different restaurants you tried or shows you saw while here, so please do not hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I hope to hear from you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,422)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed two nights and had a great experience. Rooms were spacious, clean and had a great view of the strip. Not too bright with the lights as thought it might be. Hotel is in nice location along the strip, close to other casinos. Sugar factory on site too.

Room Tip: High rooms, overlooking strip - great views, quieter than lower level rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andrea K
I am happy you enjoyed Sugar Factory!! I have to refrain myself from walking in there, otherwise I will leave with bags full of their delicious gummies. Please feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you want to share even more about your stay. I would love to hear what restaurants you tried, shows you saw, or excursions you took. Thank you so much for this wonderful review and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Amazing customer service across the board! Although the bathroom was very small, it really didn't matter since you don't sirens much time in your room. .. it is vegas afterall! Great food dejection, all of the new slots we wanted to play, quick drink service.

Room Tip: Small bathroom and tub.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M S
I am thrilled you received such amazing customer service during your visit! Which restaurants did you enjoy the great food at? Email TripAdvisor@mirage.com and let me know! I am really glad you had a good stay and I hope you plan to visit us again soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I love this hotel. It is in a great location, a good selection of restaurants. Rooms are large and luxurious even the basic rooms. Beds are very comfortable. We avoided the minibar. Pool is fabulous, be early if you want more one sun lounger. People are allowed to drink and smoke in the pool which is a bit yukky. People were very friendly. They do just need a relaxing pub/bar. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
I am happy you enjoyed our fabulous pool, great location, and good selection of restaurants. And we actually are getting a new relaxing restaurant soon!!! It will be open 24 hours and will be a great place to grab a cup of coffee in the morning or drink in the evening. It is called The Pantry and should be open this August! Perhaps you can plan your return trip around then? Email TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you have any more questions about this new establishment and please feel free to provide more details of your past stay. I hope to hear from you soon!
South Sioux City, Nebraska
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great hotel! Awesome location mid strip. Wonderful staff, clean hotel, nice rooms!!!!!! Didn't feel like you had to walk for eternity through casino to get to room elevators. Great dining options right in hotel. Rhumbar and a burger joint that are very affordable if your walker needs a breather! ;) easy access from parking garage if you rented a car like we did. Tram stop right out front of hotel. The suites are reallllllllly nice. Strip view was great and kinda neat to see volcano from your window

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank ShiningStar0921
Thank you so much for this fantastic review! What type of suite did you have while you were here? I am thrilled you enjoyed Rhumbar and BLT Burger when your walking legs needed a rest. Did you try any of our other restaurants? Email TripAdvisor@mirage.com and let me know! I am really happy our staff was so friendly and you enjoyed your room. I would love if you visited us again, please do not hesitate to email me if you have any questions when planning your next vacation. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Norfolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was our fifth holiday in Vegas since 2004 but this was the first time we had stayed at The Mirage. It was so good we are already making plans to go back next year. There is definitely a different feel about the place when you are staying there, as opposed to just visiting to see the Volcano and the Secret Gardens.
Booking in was very straightforward and did not take long at all but it’s a shame a note was not made at that time that I wished to pay with cash at the end of our stay and not with my credit card. I fully realised why my card details were needed and had no problems with that but I was not very pleased at checkout that after being granted a 1pm check out to be told the bill had been settled using my card at 12 noon. This was, to be fair, rectified straight away.
Our room E3 was on one of the four Suite floors and they have four lifts servicing them and time waiting for a lift going up or down was minimal. Going up was sometimes a pain though because the room card which was needed to operate the lift did not always register and we had to change ours three times in a seven night stay.
The room – “was just brilliant”, we had a lovely view of the Volcano and part of the Strip. The bed was king-size and really comfortable and the pillows beyond words, my wife wanted to buy a pillow to bring home, but we wouldn’t have been able to fit it into our case. Next time we go we will take an extra case.
The bathroom was another big plus, a separate shower and two basins with lots of towels and toiletries which were changed and refilled daily. We had white waffle dressing gowns, slippers, a very good hairdryer, ice bucket and wine glasses, iron and ironing board, lots of drawer space, one with a safe, but the wardrobe was rather tall and slim, and the ironing board took up valuable hanging space.
Another pleasant surprise was a nightly turndown service with the radio playing when we arrived back to our room.
The Wi-Fi was plenty quick enough for my needs but to be honest I would have preferred not to have had to re log onto it daily.
The hotel may not be the grandest or newest on the Strip but it would be hard to beat its location, and for us it had a lovely homely feel and a wonderful smell, no matter which entrance you used. The floral arrangements inside and outside are beautiful, accompanied by the sound of running water and the grounds are immaculate.
All in all we LOVE the Mirage and did not want to come home, but you have to do that to go back, which we will do next year if we keep fit and well.
Finally we must compliment all the hotel staff we came into contact with, they were all very professional and polite and made us feel welcome, and it seemed nothing was too much trouble for them. On a personal note our thanks to Ms Jennifer Lord who was a great help to us and a pleasure to meet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Gayledales
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
I am thrilled you had a fantastic stay and I am glad you chose to stay with us for your 5th Vegas trip! I am sorry about the issues you had with the keys and elevator, that definitely sounds like a pain! I am relieved, however, that inconvenience did not get in the way of having fun, enjoying your room, and encountering such wonderful members of our staff. It makes me so happy you are already making plans for next year's Vegas vacation (that alone tells me we succeeded in providing you a dream vacation). You can of course email TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you have questions along the way! Happy travel planning and we are looking forward to seeing you soon! P.S. those fantastic pillows? they can be purchased on our website :).
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The Mirage is considerd the first "modern style" hotel on the Strip and due to this now one of the older hotels here. However, having seen many other hotels I personally think it's still very competitive in terms of what you get for your money, the atmosphere, the quality etc. The rooms are big enough and nice. Left and right small touchups are needed but nothing major. Staff is very friendly. I got barked away the MGM Grand when asking for a late minute room with AAA, they directed me to the reservations hotline for that. How different at the Mirage: a last minute room, let me check... Yes sir, certainly sir. AAA? Certainly sir, allow me to first offer you a bottle of water before we proceed.

Nice pool, nice casino room, nice buzz. Best of all: immediately after entering the main entrance you're on the casino floor where some of the luxurious and newer hotels force you to go through a big shoppingmall first.

Would definitely stay here again ...

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arjan v
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I am thrilled you were treated with such excellent service when booking a last minute room at our property! That makes me so happy! Do you happen to remember the name of the reservation team member that assisted you? I would love for him/her to be recognized for providing such friendly accommodation. If you do, you can email it to me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. Don't hesitate to also include more details of your stay (restaurants you tried/shows you saw) or questions you have about a future visit. I look forward to hearing from you soon!