“enjoyed my stay”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #50 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 July 2014

i had always wanted to stay here or Caesars. A friend had won a seat in a poker tourney so we decided to stay on the strip somewhere before going to that location. i had myvegas points so used them to get a free room and a room at 25% discount. overall it cost 120 bucks for 2 nights here.

The room was above average. we had a great view. I was amazed you could actually open the windows. the decorations were modern and had a nice tv. the bathroom and sink area were cramped. there is plenty of space in the room to improve it. the beds werent nearly as comfortable as the other place we stayed, but wasnt as bad as other places i've stayed either.

we didn't really gamble there or eat at any of the restaurants. i find going to margaritaville and gambling there is more inviting, just a better atmosphere. i had been to blt burger before and thought the place was very overpriced. rhumbar looked like a great place to sit outside and have a drink but we never went there.

the location of the hotel is perfect. walk right out and easily cross or walk down to caesars.

I enjoyed my stay. If i continue to accrue myvegas points and get a similar rate i would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: get a view of Caesars
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ohioguy0301
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

I am thrilled you got a fabulous deal on a room through MyVegas! How did your friend do in the poker tournament by the way? Where you able to see any shows while you were here? You can email your answers (along with anything else you would like to share about your trip) to TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I would love to hear from you and we hope to see you back on more MyVegas promotions!

There are newer reviews for The Mirage Hotel & Casino

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and roomy! I took my mom who is 67, my son and his friend; both 16. The hotel was accommodating for all of us plus when we were in a great area for shopping. My overall stay was enjoyable and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Thank R.l. A

I am glad you found our property to be accommodating for all ages, and that you enjoyed our convenient shopping friendly location. My favorite part of Vegas (before I moved here) was actually all the incredible malls this town houses. Anyways back to you..it makes me happy our staff was so friendly and that you would stay with us again. If you want to share more details of your visit (such as which stores you visited ) please do not hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Twenty of us had the perfect group vacation. All went superbly well. Great prices. MyVegas discounts. Excellent staff. Ideal pool with room to swim and chairs available whenever we arrived. LOVEwas magnificent. All staff friendly and most helpful. Fiftbh time here and definitely will return.

Room Tip: Watch for mlife emailed offers and deals. Had a two bedroom tower suite for less than two queen room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank James H

WOW!! The fact that 20 of you had a flawless visit is a huge compliment to our staff and property! I am thrilled everything went so well for you and your party! What brought you all here to The Mirage this past June? It is fantastic you saw The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil and all enjoyed our beautiful pool. I would LOVE to hear from you, so please do not hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. We look forward to seeing you again on your 6th visit..and 7th....and 8th...I could keep going....but don't want to take up too much of your time. See you soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a very nicely appointed room.The hotel offers a good choice of dining options for a variety of budgets, great valet service and friendly staff. It is easy walking distance to other hotels and shopping options. The pool area is very nice.

1  Thank YanLucUni

I am happy you had an enjoyable stay and liked your room. Which restaurants did you try while you were here? I would LOVE to hear more about your visit and what your favorite part about Vegas was, so please do not hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is probably my 8 time staying at The Mirage.I arrived on June 15 and I stayed for 2 nights it was as usual a wonderful experience with some minor issues. First I stayed at the pool view room which is just amazing, on the wrong side they were re-doing the wiring on the hallway of the rooms, this was a little annoying because i couldn't sleep due the noise, I went down to the pool and found a pair of available chairs for me and my husband. This pool is amazing is by far the most beautiful pool I've seen. Now again a minor issue I usually get into the pool and then if I get cold run to the Jacuzzi but this time it was close they were doing some sort of construction on it. I will be back in two weeks for my birthday hopefully this time everything will be perfect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I am really sorry about the construction in the hallway of your room and that one of the Jacuzzi's out by the pool was closed. Where you able to use the other Jacuzzi or were both of them down for maintenance? Feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com and let me know. I am thrilled you are coming back for your birthday celebration and I am confident everything will be flawless this time. Do not hesitate to send your booking details when you reach out, I would LOVE to make sure everything is set up perfectly!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our 3 week trip to the states and I would not return to this hotel for many reasons.

We had a room on one of the top floors with a private elevator and view of the pool area. The room was OK but a little dated. My reservation said it would have a spa bath but this was not the case. We had a problem with the tV remote which they never did get fixed but that is no biggie, we were not on holiday to watch TV but just contributed to the lack of customer service.

We found everywhere in the hotel to be very expensive. We had stayed 8 nights at Caesars at the start of our trip and found the prices to be far more reasonable.

We ordered 2 cocktails in stack lounge which came to $50 with a compulsory gratuity added. We paid $11 for a glass of coke by the pool. I purchases a bottle of Moet champagne in the lobby store at Caesars which cost $80, the same bottle in Mirage store was $115 !

We felt the pool area sunbeds were very crammed on top of each other and their was a weird smell of TCP around the whole pool area.

The final nail in the coffin for me was when we checked out and paid the bill by credit card. I was sat at the airport and noticed the bottom of the bill said I had authorised them to charge me in my home currency so £ instead of $ and they had added a 3% fee for doing so!! I was not informed or asked about this and it was not pointed out to me. I was fuming so got on the phone to them from the airport and pointed it out to them and that they should have just charged me in $$ like everywhere else we have visited had done. Apparently this is standard practice and unless you read the small print you would not know.

This obviously ends up costing you more money so I demanded a reversal which they couldn't do but agreed to credit us with compensation which should cover it. Lets see what happens when the bill comes in, if its not sorted they will be hearing from me.

One word........Disgusting

4  Thank mccauleygirls

I am so sorry about your awful to our property. It makes me so sad from beginning to end we did not deliver on service or experience. Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com with your contact details and booking information. As soon as I hear from you, I will reach out to you personally and ensure your new bill is correct. Again I am really sorry and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Myself and a friend stayed at The Mirage and having stayed at other resorts we were not sure what to expect. We chose The Mirage for something new and were pleasantly surprised at what we found, it was a fantastic stay and we were very well looked after!

The staff were extremely helpful in all areas and nobody was at a loss for our questions and queries. The only issue we had was that the Wi-Fi in the room was being very temperamental for us but after being put through to a helpline we had all our troubles taken away.

The room was imaculate over looking the pool, on entry it smelt like fresh paint but this was gone after the first day with the window open - hardly something to complain about.

The pool is great but without getting there before 11am I wouldn't count on having any sun loungers left! Although we did find many people would just leave the pool with their towels on the loungers, something we mentioned to staff who seemed nonchalant about the whole thing whilst numerous people were trying to get seated...!

All in all it was a good stay with plenty of things to do in close proximity to the hotel, I highly recommend visiting the Carnegie Deli instead of the buffet for breakfast/brunch options, HUGE portions and a huge selection of meals with great sides to add in there for less than your buffet.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matt V

I am thrilled you had a great stay!! It is fantastic our staff was so helpful and made sure your WiFi worked properly. I am sorry about how slow it was initially, but am glad we were able to fix it. I am happy you had a wonderful view of the pool...were you able to see the dolphins from Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat from your window? You can email TripAdvisor@mirage.com and let me know! Last but not least I am so happy you LOVED Carnegie Deli! Every time I see it show up on TripAdvisor it makes me smile since it is one of my personal favorite restaurants. Anyways enough out of me...when you email me, do not hesitate to include more details of your visit, or questions you might have about a future one. I hope we see you again soon!