“Great Pick For a Family Vacation”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #50 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Mirage as my parents got a deal through our travel agent. For a family of 5 with children ages 17 (me), 18, and 22, it was a great spot. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. The pillows are comfortable, the complimentary toiletries are plentiful, and the towels are big. We got adjoining rooms one with a king bed (very lovely room) and one with 2 double beds. We were on the 22nd floor and had a mountain/highway view (which we didn't mind). The cleaning staff were unbelievably kind and accommodating. For food I only tried the Carnegie Deli, expensive, but one sandwich will feed 2 people no problem (runs about $15 per sandwich). No wifi of course, to be expected in Vegas. The casino wasn't too smokey, and the pool is big and warm (and very crowded, the pool hours are 8-8). If you want snacks, Mirage has a store called Impulse that actually has reasonably priced snacks. Be aware of the weighted minibar, very easy to be charged for things you didn't consume. Overall, wonderful stay at the Mirage

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank India C
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

I am happy your whole family had a fun time here at The Mirage! I am sorry though about the WiFi (or lack thereof) in your room. Would you mind emailing your room number to TripAdvisor@mirage.com? I will have an engineer take a look at why it was not connecting. I am happy this inconvenience did not ruin the rest of your visit and you enjoyed your connecting rooms and Impulse gift shop....LOVE that place. I sometimes pick up snacks in there before work if I'm feeling especially hungry. Please feel free to email me an additional details you left out of your review...or questions you may have about a future visit. I hope we see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (18,335)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Mirage is a fantastic hotel! The rooms are spacious! We had two big queen beds with loads of pillows and they were very comfortable. The bathroom is spacious and the shower was excellent! The rooms were very quiet with great Ir conditioning.A word of warning... There is a minibar but look at your final bill to make sure you are not charged for items you didn't buy! We were charged for items that we didn't buy. We opened the minibar to see what was un it and looked at the items! This must have triggered a censor. When we queried the bill the receptionist was very helpful and reimbursed the money. Also do not put any of your own items un the minibar, use the ice bucket provided.
The hotel is very well located. It's along the strip and close to a lot of other hotel casinos like the Bellagio and Cesears Palace,
There are a lot of places to eat and drink and buy in the hotel.
The volcano is worth seeing.It erupts every evening from 8pm (except at 8.30)
Would live to go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

I am really sorry about all those charges on your bill from the mini bar, but am happy our front desk staff was so helpful in reimbursing you. Did you see any shows while you were here? Feel free to email TripAdvisor@mirage.com and let me know! I LOVE hearing from our guests and I hope to hear from you!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

While we were there for business, The Mirage provided all we needed for a very comfortable stay. Clean rooms, friendly staff, great dining options, and a very comfortable bed has us excited to be back there for next year's business conference.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

It is wonderful you were felt cared for during your business trip! I can only imagine how stressful traveling for business can be and am really glad you were comfortable the entire time. Which convention brought you to Vegas this year (and now next year)? Please email TripAdvisor@mirage.com and let me know..I would LOVE to pass along your praise to our convention sales team. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We have never been to Las Vegas until now. The Mirage was a great place to stay!! Room was nice and the hotel is in an excellent location. We would stay there again. Drinks at the pool were amazing.
Don't order room-service!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LogeroA

I am thrilled you had such a fun time on your first Vegas vacation! It sounds like you had a poor experience with room service though...I am really sorry. Would you mind emailing TripAdvisor@mirage.com with the details of what went wrong? I am happy that incident didn't ruin your visit and you still LOVED our fabulous location and incredible pool...doesn't it feel like you are on a tropical island out there? Anyways, I hope we see you again one day and I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here for 5 days in June. The resort grounds are beautiful and service Is great! Everything is expensive though, from the drinks at the bar to charging for looking at lions and dolphins! The casino seemed dark and outdated but the restaurants were good! I would stay somewhere else for my next stay!

The tables were tight and maybe that added to my overall view!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeffreyml12

I am happy you enjoyed our grounds and fabulous service, but am sorry the rest of your visit wasn't perfect. Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you would like to discuss your stay personally, I would LOVE to hear how we can improve. I know you mentioned you plan to stay elsewhere on your next Vegas vacation, but I hope we get to see you again someday..and provide the WOW factor missing this trip. I look forward to speaking with you!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Mirage in May for my birthday. This was our first time staying at the Mirage, but not our first trip to Vegas. Location, pool and value are my must-haves when choosing a hotel and the Mirage satisfied them all, and then some. Before even arriving, I had a great experience with the guest relations team who helped to make my birthday special (thanks Jenn!). We arrived on a Tuesday evening and check-in was a breeze. We were on the 24th floor; the express elevators were awesome! The room was roomy, well-appointment and had a great view of the volcano/strip. The beds were so comfortable!

We spent the majority of our time at the pool – yes, the pool was cold, but remember when you were a kid and didn’t care? You’re on vacation, hop in and you’ll get used to it, especially when it’s 100 degrees! We didn’t have any trouble finding good seats, but we were (sort of) early birds because we understand the chair game. Beverage service was good, beer prices were descent (for a resort pool). The Mirage really has a nice pool area, it was very relaxing and I actually finished a book (those that know me, know this is quite a feat).

The casino was okay – it’s a nice layout and wasn’t crowded; but we had little luck and drinks were few and far between. Enough said, right?

We only ate at the buffet, once for lunch and once for breakfast. We had BOGO coupons, so felt it was well worth the price. The food was very good and there was good selection. I love that there was free beer. Even for breakfast, we ordered what us Coloradan’s call a beermosa (like a mimosa, but with beer instead of champagne )… the bartender looked at us a little strangely, but obliged and the people behind us ordered them too. We also picked up popcorn at the Sugar Factory – a tasty snack. The convenience store in the hotel was a nice place to grab some room snacks and/or a beer.

The service at the Mirage was great – from the Guest Relations team prior to my trip, to the check-in team, to the M Life team… everyone was great. Anyone who saw my ID immediately wished me a happy birthday, which I thought was a nice touch.

The only minor hiccup was trying to get a late check-out so we could have an extra pool day. We asked at check-in, and were told to call the night before. Called the night before and were told to call in the morning. Called in the morning (early) and were told we called too late. All well… we still checked our bags with the bell station and did a little more gambling before to the airport. After returning home, a colleague told me she had a late flight home too and was given spa passes – they checked out, spent the day at the pool, then were able to clean up at the spa before heading out. Next time maybe.

All in all, we had great trip and we’ll definitely be back to the Mirage! Maybe for my husband’s birthday in August… hmmm. =)

Room Tip: The Tower rooms are great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tarad21
Turner K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

We love that you chose to celebrate a birthday with us at The Mirage! I am glad you enjoyed our pool and your beermosa at the breakfast buffet (I’m going to have to try that). Jenn is a great part of our team and is thrilled to hear you had such a great vacation. You can always share more about your visit or let us know when you are coming back by emailing tripadvisor@mirage.com. Hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I've not stayed at Mirage prior, so wasn't sure what to expect. I was very satisfied by my experience - clean atmosphere, great room and great service. The restaurant selection in the Mirage was good (a 24/7 diner is coming soon) and included a variety of cuisines and price targets. There is a Starbucks in the hotel, but don't stand in line there (I'm a Starbucks junky) - go to the coffee shop by the pool for a great cup of coffee. Gaming is adequate, although I'd like to have seen more 3-2 Blackjack tables that were not $25 minimum hands. All of the dealers I encountered were very personable. The frequency of the drink girls was inconsistent, but okay. I upgraded to the Deluxe room. Private elevators and a much larger bathroom made it worth the extra money. My only complaint is that the rooms are not super insulated from noise in the hallway or outside the hotel. I did not attend any of the night clubs or shows at Mirage. We did, however, attend the Michael Jackson One show at Mandalay Bay and it was great!

Room Tip: Pay extra for a Deluxe Room. The strip view is fine, but you'll have the volcano erupting every...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stullmuc

I am glad you had a quality stay with us this June! I am sorry about the noise in your room, that must have been annoying when you were trying to sleep. I am glad this inconvenience did not prevent you from having a good time and packing in lots of activities. It is fantastic you saw Michael Jackson's ONE at Mandalay Bay....I have heard it is a fantastic show. Sadly I have not seen it yet but I hope to in the near future! If you ever want to share more about this visit, or have questions about a future one, please feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. We look forward to seeing you again soon!