“Great location, comfortable room”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #47 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Sterling, Virginia
“Great location, comfortable room”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We recently spent four nights here to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and selected it primarily for its central location along the Strip. It was conveniently located to other hotels and attractions, with easy access to the monorail and the bus line along Las Vegas Boulevard. Our room was spacious and comfortable; however, it was a loonnnnggg walk from the elevator (I counted; it was 117 steps once we got off the elevator until we reached our door). Your room might be closer. The staff here were friendly and accommodating and, fortunately, we didn't require any assistance here except for a wake-up call one morning to catch a bus to the Grand Canyon. There are lots of dining options here in the hotel but, frankly, you can find some more reasonably priced eateries along the Strip and beyond. The pool is gorgeous, but its hours were rather limited. Overall, our stay here was a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Rooms in the south wing have a view of the pool. To avoid a long trek, try to book a room closer to...
2 Thank Ausweis
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
I am glad you had a pleasant stay, but am sorry it took you so many steps to get to your room! You probably walked over 3 miles to and from the elevators in the course of your visit! Next time email TripAdvisor@mirage.com before your arrival so I can request you a room a bit closer :). It is wonderful thought the rest of your visit was good and you went on a tour to the Grand Canyon...it is BEAUTIFUL there isn't it? Anyways...I hope to hear from you about future visits and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,497)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 15 July 2014

As always we love staying at The Mirage. We love the location on the strip. There are many restaurants and shows so there's a lot to do there. The check-in line is very quick, especially if you're an MLife member.

Room Tip: I do wish that they left people with room to put drinks or food in the fridge, but it's all thin...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
It is wonderful you had another great stay here at The Mirage! How often do you visit us? Feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com and let me know...don't forget to include details about this past visit...or questions you have about your next one. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed at the Mirage from July 1st to July 5th. This was my second time staying at the Mirage and have probably visited Vegas 8 times in total.

I chose to revisit the Mirage based on cost and location. The location is awesome. Steps away from the strip and very close to the Fashion Show Mall.

We arrived at the Mirage early, around noon, and a room was ready for us. Check in was very smooth and the young guy who checked us in was very friendly and professional. We asked for and received a room with a view. The view was nice but the room felt old and dated. It was dusty, the shower/tub area was rusty, there were problems with drainage in the tub (which they corrected as soon as we notified them) and the bed had an obvious slope to one side. The internet connection in the rooms was not great but fine on the casino floor.

Great service at check in, at the restaurants, and concierge. Service on the casino floor and poker room was a little slow.

We ate at both California Pizza Kitchen and Samba. Both had great food/great service. Samba was much better but a higher price point.

I didn't see LOVE during this visit but have seen it in the past. It's my favourite Vegas show thus far and I highly recommend it. This trip, we saw the showgirls at Ballys (awesome) and Celine Dion (incredibly awesome).

The hotel wasn't a nice as I had remembered, but overall, it was a great tip. I would still recommend the Mirage as a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
While I am glad you had a good stay, I am sad and sorry we were not quite as nice as you remembered. Do you have any suggestions for improvement? If so please email them to TripAdvisor@mirage.com. On a brighter note it is wonderful you received such excellent service while you were here and LOVED our fabulous location. I do wish your stay had been flawless but I look forward to speaking with you and learning how we can improve.
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The rooms were very comfortable, the linens nice, rooms clean, location awesome, staff friendly and overall loved the Mirage. Spent time at the beautiful pools as well and enjoyed good food in all the restaurants. Liked having a Starbucks close by.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
I am happy you enjoyed our super comfortable rooms and awesome staff. Isn't our pool incredible? Were you able to dine at Paradise Cafe while you were out enjoying the sun? Feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com and let me know! Don't forget to include more details of your visit...I would LOVE to hear more about your stay!
Toronto
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here in July for the third time in a year. We have been staying almost exclusively at MGM hotels because we are Platinum members (we stayed at the MGM Grand at the end of our trip). Unfortunately, we are discovering that being Platinum is of little real benefit.
We arrived at the Mirage on July 17 at about 11 pm at night. Notwithstanding that I had booked our room almost three months earlier and that we are Platinum members, we were given a room on the second floor with the absolutely worst "view" that we have ever had in Vegas. Closing the blackout curtains blocked our view of a wall and roof but did not prevent the light from the spotlights aimed at our room from lighting the dark.
We were told that we could be moved the next day after 1 pm. We spent our first morning hanging around the hotel. When we were assigned a new room, we were told the keys would work. We hauled our luggage down one elevator and up another (we were not offered assistance from the bell desk) and discovered that our keys did not work. We had to wait for someone to let us in the room and then wait again for someone else to bring us new keys. So much for our first day in Vegas.
The rest of our stay was fine. The room was as clean and stylish as we have come to expect. We booked lounges at the Oasis pool, a private pool where we were pampered for a day; I would highly recommend the Oasis pool to anyone who wants a really enjoyable day at the pools. And we ate several good meals at the Carnegie Deli and California Pizza (Cravings, the buffet, was a disappointment). But when we went to check out in the room, we discovered a number of charges on our bill that were not incurred by us. The charges were reversed, but we had to line up to have that done. (Note to the hotel: I.D. should be checked every time before things can be charged to the room).
My husband and I were really excited when we reached Platinum status. But I don't think being Platinum will bring us back to the MGM chain when we return later this year.

2 Thank Mr_Weston
I am really sorry about your disappointing visit. It makes me sad we did not provide you the level of care and service you deserved. I can only imagine what a hassle it was to get those charges cleared up and reversed, that is definitely not how I would want to spend my last day of vacation. Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com with your contact information and I will reach out to you personally. Again I am so sorry and I look forward to speaking with you.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We love the mirage we have been coming for a few years always the first week in June a group if us we love the private pool and the cabanas the service is always Excellant can't wait to go back the rooms are great I highly recommend checking out the tower suites the location of the mirage is great easy to get to all the other hotels

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for your fantastic review and for being such a loyal guest! I LOVE how you LOVE The Mirage! Do you have any upcoming visits planned? I know you were just here but hey...you may be planning a fall visit right?! Please email TripAdvisor@mirage.com to keep me in the loop about your future travels...and if you want to provide more details of this past visit. I can't wait to hear from you!
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was our first trip to Vagas and found the Mirage on line, it was on the strip and not too expensive so seemed perfect. The hotel room was lovely and we had a corner room so amazing views. Bed was comfy and made daily regardless of what time we managed to get up by.
The pool is amazing but very crowded and you have to pay a lot to use the adult pool (more of a pool party vibe).
The other disappointment was despite staying in the hotel you still have to pay $10 to see the dolphins and tigers. Also they add a resort fee on at the end of the trip which is $28 dollars a day something we were not warned about on check in and I am still unsure what it goes towards.

1 Thank Holly J
I am glad you were comfortable at our property, but am really sorry about the crowds at the pool, and all the additional charges you encountered. Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com with your contact information so we can speak personally about your visit. While I am happy your stay was OK, I wish it had been perfect. I really look forward to speaking with you soon.