“Great place to stay and play”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #50 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Central location with clean good size rooms and a variety of entertainment. Great selection of slots and a nice poker room for your gaming needs. For a quick coffee, muffin, salad or hoagie visit the Roasted Bean. The Terry Fator show is a great value and a show that you must see.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

It is wonderful you had a great time at our property! I LOVE the Roasted Bean...excellent pastries and coffee! Please email TripAdvisor@mirage.com to share more about your experience...I hope to hear from you soon!

There are newer reviews for The Mirage Hotel & Casino

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights during late July. I found overall the hotel and casino to be ok but a couple of things annoyed me. Firstly, I asked for a no smoking room and didn't get one. This was particularly important as I find I can't sleep well with the constant smell of nicotine permeating everywhere. And I wake up with a blocked up nose. This has happened to me before in Vegas but I thought I would suck it up(excuse the pun) and see how I went for the 1st night. A bad night so the the next day I went downstairs and asked if I could be moved but was told there were no rooms available but that they could spray the room! So, being that it's not in my nature to complain I thought oh well just spray it. Anyway, when I returned later I could mildly notice a freshness in the air but that lasted a short time. I figured I would just put up with it for another 2 nights and just look forward to getting out. It also annoyed me that the lifts I caught there were about 8 floors worth and every one one of them were non smoking but floor 20 had a smoking sign next to it(this was my floor) so it got me thinking about all those lucky people who had requested a non smoking room and got one, and that maybe I should have casually handed a $20 note to the person I was complaining to.....that's how it works in Vegas right?
As for the casino, I must have gone into 10 of them and I came away thinking that they were just a blur of the "sameness". The same decor, carpets, cafés,restaurants, machines, clientele, cigarette haze etc etc....they were all the same!....that it wouldn't really matter where you stayed at in Vegas, they were all the same!....pretty much run by the same people.
The other negative was the wireless internet. Part of the "resort fee" so it wasn't free. Well, I would rather have no internet because there is nothing worse than the internet dropping out continually and not coming back on. One of the worst I have come across in a hotel.
The only place I ate at there was the Buffet-Cravings. It was ok but we considered it to be the worst buffet we went to in Vegas. We went to 5. It deceives you as initially when you arrive you think wow this is big. But it's not really. The whole back section is taken up with drinks and overall the selection seemed lacking.
A couple of good comments- the room size was impressive, the location and view from the 20th floor facing TI, Venetian, Palazzo and the volcano was outstanding and because of that I'll go from giving it one star to two!

Room Tip: If you request a non smoking room demand that you get one!
3  Thank nodnyls

I am so sorry...your visit sounds extremely disappointing. It makes me really sad we did not honor your requested room type and our internet was spotty and inconsistent. Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com with your contact information...I would like to reach and apologize personally for your poor experience. Again I am so sorry, but I look forward to hearing from you and making this right.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

After less than 24 hours in the resort we returned to our room to find it had been ransacked. My wife's jewellery had been stolen and the present that we bought for our friend whos birthday we were celebrating had been stolen. After contacting reception security was called. Someone from security came to our room and took a statement. We were told that they could see who had been in and out of the room by the key card monitor as there had been no forced entry. That was the last we heard from security after several attempts to contact them. Our holiday was ruined after only being in the resort for 24hours.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank John A
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

I am so sorry about the terrible start to your visit. Are you still on property? Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com with your room number and contact information. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I have been going to Vegas for over 20 years and have always stayed at MGM properties. Last year we received a nice offer from Mirage and thought we should try it. We have stayed there again two times since then, and have been so impressed with the whole experience, it will be where we go from now on!

Customer service is obviously the most important thing to Mirage! All staff, front desk, VIP Lounge, valet, bell desk, beverage servers, Mlife desk, and restaurant staff were friendly, and were really helpful.

The location is perfect, rooms are updated and offer beautiful views. We love the pool area - it's one of the prettiest in Vegas. We also really enjoyed the food choices available, and were impressed with the quality of the food. Try the buffet as it was one of the best we ever had - and beer and wine is included! The salad bar, Jumbo shrimp and crablegs were our
particular favorites.

MGM's Mlife program is the best of any program. They now have the MyVegas casino app that allows you to accrue points that can be redeemed for dinners, shows, rooms. This was the first time we tried it, and it is a very simple process, and allowed us try several restaurants using our rewards.

We both highly recommend the Mirage and can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: If possible, get a room on the 24th or 25th floor, as they have private elevators that are quite con...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am thrilled you received such excellent service here at The Mirage and had a wonderful stay! I also LOVE that you took advantage of our fantastic Mlife program and accrued enough points through MyVegas for some restaurant credits (how cool is it you can earn free food just by playing a game?!). Please don't hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com to share more about your experience...or if you have questions about a future vacation. I hope to hear you soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just come home after 7 days in Las Vegas. After looking online at all the different hotels we decided on the mirage. The hotel itself is very good, rooms are excellent, very clean. It's a shame they don't provide tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms though. It is very expensive to eat in the hotel especially at the weekend. Their buffet is $19.99 for breakfast mon-fri but at weekends it goes up to $35.99. We found Harrah's across the road had a better buffet for $19.99 at weekends and $18.99 week days. That being said, it seems to be expensive to eat in vegas as a whole. Very disappointed that guests have to pay to get in the secret garden to see the animals, I think it should be included. You also have to pay to go into the bare pool which is adults only.
The location of the Mirage is brilliant, right in the centre. The monorail is right across the street behind Harrah's. The monorail will take you south as far as MGM Grand and Hooters and as far north to where the Sahara used to be. Good value $28 for a three day pass.
Overall I'm glad we stayed in the mirage, the grounds and pool are excellent. The casino like most others stinks of smoke as they allow people to smoke in there which is a shame. If we went again I think we'd try Mandalay bay or Luxor because they looked lovely.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am happy your visit was good and you were able to see the Las Vegas Strip in it's entirety (thanks to our amazing and convenient location!). I know you mentioned you want to see Mandalay Bay and Luxor next time you visit Vegas but I hope we can win you over for another trip. Please email TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you want to provide more details of this past vacation...or have questions about your next one. I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Wonderful and professional staff~ Great food and atmosphere ~ Easy to get to our room, I am a local and was given discounts. The pool is GREAT !! Never overcrowded. The LOVE show was a world in itself with so much talent. I will be back !!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am happy you had such a wonderful getaway....I myself LOVE staycations here in Vegas! It doesn't get much better traveling less than 10 miles to a premier destination resort. Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you want to share more about this visit...or questions about your next home away from home trip. I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

A beautiful hotel in the heart of The Vegas strip. Well kept grounds, updated and clean rooms, and a great selection of restaurants. Pool area is great but crowded on a hot day (expected). The $25 per night resort fee is a little excessive, but I guess it keeps the wrong people out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am happy you had a first class experience here at our resort! What was your favorite part of your trip? I would LOVE to hear all about it so please don't hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you!