“Best Hotel on the Strip”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #47 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
St. Albert, Alberta
“Best Hotel on the Strip”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

To the Management and Staff, I applaud you all. The customer service was first rate everywhere in the Mirage. I never met any staff that weren`t wholeheartedly invested in their job positions. I`m so very pleased to have finally stayed at the Mirage and have made it my favorite Hotel on the strip; I look so forward to staying there again.
p.s.: The Rainforest area under the Dome was the first part of each day. I would come down each morning to watch & listen to the waterfalls, enjoy the smells, the lush foliage, plants and orchids. This made everyday special for me. I loved it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank icepaddy94
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am thrilled you felt the LOVE while you were here..we truly care so much about all of our guests and it warms my heart when I hear experiences such as yours! Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you remember particular names of staff members who were helpful and caring, I would love to recognize them for contributing to your outstanding visit. I hope we get to see you at The Mirage again soon and I look forward to hearing from you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,475)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our 1st trip to The Mirage and it did not disappoint, Excellent customer service, nice, clean rooms, spectacular view of the volcano and strip, FABULOUS POOL, entire resort is very well maintained,

3 Thank Connie J
I am happy you had a wonderful visit and enjoyed our fabulous pool while you were here! What brought you to Vegas this year? I would LOVE to hear more about your stay so please don't hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I hope to hear from you!
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just stayed last week (July 20 checked out July 24) and got a great deal through M-Life on a strip view/volcano view room. Couldn't have been happier with our choice to stay at The Mirage. I guess I'll break it down and make it easy. Hope you've got time to read.

Location: Awesome. Plenty to do on this end of the strip. Of course the volcano is right in front. Pretty cool but nothing you should plan your night around. Caesars Palace is right next door, the Palazzo (make a trip to the Grand Lux to eat) and Venetian are right across the street. A Walgreens is right next to the Palazzo to get your essentials. The Bellagio Fountains are a short walk down the Blvd and the Fashion Show Mall is a short walk down the street also. Everything you need is right there. (If you wanna get to the other end of the strip and you're taking a cab, just tell him/her to take the back way, it's way quicker and no traffic). The hotel itself is also not set too far back so strip view rooms are actually strip view rooms.

Check-in: We flew in early so we got to the hotel at about 10:30AM. We payed the extra $30 for early check-in. There was about 7 or 8 people in front of us and the line went quick as there were plenty of desk clerks working. Checking in was a breeze, took no time at all and our room was ready even that early. I read a few reviews that said they paid for early check-in and their room wasn't ready... well ours was. So no problems there. Polite and professional clerk. Thumbs up for check-in.

Room/view: Room 22076. This is where one of my very few cons comes into play. The room was nice, clean, spacious... pretty typical king room. Bed, night stands, desk, chair, TV, bathroom. The bathroom was basic but clean and had plenty of counter space for two people. The bed was awesome. Very soft and comfortable, and not too far from the TV. No shortage of outlets, there were a couple next to the table outside the bathroom, and a few near the desk. Temperature control worked good. Never had an issue with hallway noise either. The view was awesome. Strip views both ways. We could see down to Caesars Palace to the right, and just passed the Palazzo on the left. And of course a clear shot of the volcano.. which can be heard clearly up until its last show at midnight if you happen to be back to the room early. But that wasn't a big deal. My con about the rooms is no fridge. Mind boggling a resort doesn't have a fridge in every room. You can get a fridge, but it's $25 per night!! We utilized the ice bucket a bunch as our fridge.

Free WiFi: Awful. At least in my experience. The free part is great (although you're paying a $28 per night resort fee, so of course it's free). But I couldn't get my phone or ipad to connect, not in the room or by the pool. There's room for improvement in that area, Mirage management.

Pool: Great. We went to the pool three times in our four days and never had an issue finding two chairs together even though it was fairly crowded all three times. We went late afternoon once (around 4), early morning once and late morning the third time. The pool is big, and I was never bothered by there being too many people or kids in the pool. I found the water to be quite cold, but my girlfriend found it refreshing. I guess you can form your own opinion. My only complaint about the pool area, and this is probably just me being picky, is the smoking. It'd be nice if the seating areas were non smoking. Go walk around the strip or sit at the dolphin bar if you want to smoke. We even saw the same girl all three days just standing there smoking instead of enjoying the sun and pool. We went to the Dolphin Bar when we wanted a drink but make no mistake, there were plenty of waitresses walking around constantly if you wanted something.

Casino: Down to earth atmosphere, not too smoky, not too crowded, well lit, nice variety of table games and slots. The dealers at the table games were professional, and interacted nicely with the players. No complaints there.

Restaurants: We ate at a few. We had dinner once and breakfast once at the buffet. I enjoyed the breakfast more than the dinner. Pretty typical Vegas buffet I'd say, although not very much on the dessert choices. Woulda been nice to see more chicken choices, I'm not sure I saw even one chicken choice. Plenty of breakfast choices. Free beer and wine from the bar during breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You get your own drinks water, juice, soft drinks which I liked. Also ate at the little café for breakfast one morning. Nothing special to report there, we just got bagels. The Paradise Café I believe is the poolside restaurant is good but holy moly it's expensive. We got breakfast there after reserving our pool chairs one morning. I got pancakes and bacon, my girlfriend got an egg dish, we got a sliced banana and each got a drink and it came to $70!. The buffet would've been just about half the price. The Dolphin Bar at the pool was nice. It's pretty quiet even when full, the bartenders are nice and attentive, and they make the drinks very good. Get the 32oz drinks, you're in Vegas, why not?

Shows/clubs: Didn't attend any shows at The Mirage and didn't go to the club.

Check-out: Check-out went smoothly. The charges were exactly what I thought they were going to be, no funny business brought by the desk clerk. Again there was a line, but it went quick enough because of the amount of clerks working. There are also in-room check-out and express check-out options if you can't handle waiting 10-15 minutes to get through the line and to the desk.

Overall, I don't think I'll be staying anywhere else when I go to Vegas from now on unless I get an exceptional deal from another resort or unless my future stays are negative.

2 Thank John_Gon
Thank you for your wonderfully kind and detailed review! I like how you broke everything down by what you did, and described so much about our property. Out of all the things you did while here...what was your absolute favorite part of your visit? You can email the answer to TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I am really happy we won you over and you have plans to return to The Mirage in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon and I hope to hear from you!
St. John's, Newfoundland And Labrador
Reviewed 28 July 2014

After visiting most of the hotels on the Las Vegas strip, we are confident that choosing The Mirage was the best location, quality, variety, comfort (beds were AHHHMAZINGGG!!) pool hours, size and oh soooo much more! I wouldn't change a single thing except for the smoke. ( but that problem is in ALL hotels on the strip). The Mirage made our first trip to beautiful Las Vegas the BEST we could have ever imagined! We'll be back! VIVA LAS VEGAS!! :)

Room Tip: We were in a King Room which was an average of $100.00 CDN per night for a 7 night stay. ($85 weekda...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
WOW! Thank you for your kind words! I LOVE how your recent visit with us was everything you imagined and more...and did you know those ahhmmaazing beds can be purchased on our website? You can have a part of The Mirage with you at home! Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you want to share more about your incredible visit.....we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Vegas!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Pros:
Value for money
Central Strip Location
Staff Friendliness(Everyone-from Bellhop to Chambermaid)
Daily tram on site to Treasure island
Wifi free in room (not at pool)
Elevators: Different sections for small range of floors so going up or down is never a long hassle.
Free Beverage Water stations at pools.
Nice waterfalls at pools

Cons: Small washrooms with stationery shower head (no jet/massage options). Small tub. Overall cheap feel. Relative to size if room. Complimentary bath products are cheap smelling and mediocre quality.

Gaming floor drinks below mediocre quality. Stick to bottles.

Cravings Buffet grossly overpriced at 34.99 per person for what you get although wine/beer included with meal. Fantastic dessert section though if you like sweets. 2-3 items per type cuisine (Japanese, Chinese, southwestern, Italian) limited options that's why it is low scored.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Vanillabead
I am happy you enjoyed our fantastic central location and our friendly staff but I am sad your stay was not 100% perfect. I am really sorry about the small bathrooms...please email TripAdvisor@mirage.com when you will next be in Vegas and I will help you book a Resort Tower King room (it has a much larger bathroom than our standard rooms). Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review.....we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Visalia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

New Italian restaurant in Venetian has excellent food and value, Casanova Restaurant, owner is Ben. we had Filet you could cut with a fork and good 1 inch thick with perfectly cooked mixed vegetables and roasted potatoes, the seafood linguini was perfectly cooked and plentiful with mixed sea food.
at the Brazilian restaurant in Mirage, food was very good and the lamb exceptional.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael P
I am thrilled you enjoyed Samba while you were visiting Las Vegas this year! Where did you stay while you were here? I would LOVE to hear more about your 2014 vacation so please don't hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I hope to hear from you soon!
LaCrosse, IN
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just got home from a 6 day trip and we stayed at the Mirage. Beautiful, attentive staff and grounds! Just loved it! Very clean, great restaurants and the pool is HUGE! High recommend this resort! The only draw back are kids, why people bring their children to Vegas is beyond me!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
I am happy you LOVED your stay and enjoyed our wonderful staff and beautiful pool. Did any particular special occasion bring you to Vegas this year or were you visiting us on vacation? I would LOVE to hear more about your stay so please don't hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I hope to hear from you soon!