“Alone in Vegas”

GreenLeadersGold level
Katy, Texas
“Alone in Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Everything was wonderful. I'll be back. From the first moment I arrived dealing with the bell hop to when I checked out they asked if there was anything else they could do for me. The food was out of this world especially Carniges deli.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
YAY! I am thrilled we provided you first class service from beginning to end and you enjoyed our wonderful restaurants (thanks for the shout out for Carnegie Deli...my FAVORITE!). Please email TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you want to share more about your visit...it would be great to hear from you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,398)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I'm here this week for work so I need the wifi to work for me while I'm at the convention and in my room. it doesn't. I have not been able to get a wifi connection faster than 400kbps since yesterday. Had an engineer in my room yesterday and he ended up just giving me a network cable to plug my laptop into the wired network. It wasn't much better and certainly didn't solve my iPad connectivity issues.

Today its even worse. The "Network Support" folks said someone will be up to my room between 5 minutes and 3 hours from now. Wow, this just sucks.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank hwinston
Hi hwinston. I am so sorry about the WiFi in your room. Would you mind emailing TripAdvisor@mirage.com with your room number? I will be here until 5pm today and would love to help address and fix this problem.

I look forward to hearing back from you.
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

My daughter and I spent 3 days and 2 nights here recently. The hotel pool was out of this world. We spent a whole day there. The lounge chairs in the main pool area are free, despite what you might read. You can rent chairs in the more luxurious, smaller pools but why do that when the main pool is so great with two waterfalls, lush palm trees and plants and cold, cold water for free. We spent extra for a view room so we could watch the Strip lights come on. Every wait person, bell hop and front desk person was extra friendly. Only two things went wrong -- the wifi kept going in and out and I couldn't check out on line or via the video cuz computers kept being down. Wierd for such a classy hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Strip or of their evening volcano show.
Green Features: I am not aware of any particularly environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kellie S
Thank you so much for your kind review! I am sorry about our WiFi and the computers being down...what date did you check out? You can email TripAdvisor@mirage.com to let me know. I am thrilled the rest of your visit was so great and you received such excellent customer service the entire time you were here. And next visit will be even better since our WiFi and computers should be working perfectly!
Palmerton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Mirage is first class at everything.
Staff is excellent.
Gambling is very friendly and money goes along way. .
Rrestraunts are all excellent , Finn is the best ever.
Stack is great for steaks and drinks.

Room Tip: All rooms i have had are great Sometimes an upgrade is avail
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim E
I absolutely LOVE the title of your review! Thank you for your fabulous feedback! I am happy you enjoyed your first class visit and our excellent staff. I hope you will visit us again soon...please email TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you have questions about any return visits. I look forward to hearing from you!
Stoney Creek, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed for six nights in July. Great location, great choices for food options. Found all staff to be extremely friendly. Booked room through life. Standard king room but was given one with a great view of strip and volcano. Bathroom a little smaller than other places I have stayed but would definitely recommend. Ate at Carnegie Deli, CPK and Cravings. All great choices. Highly recommend seeing LOVE while here also...

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I am thrilled you had an enjoyable visit and had a great time seeing The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil (it is one of my favorite shows here in Vegas). What was your favorite part of this vacation? You can email TripAdvisor@mirage.com. Don't forget to include more details of your visit when you reach out!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I chose the Hotel for My wedding weekend. We got a good deal on flights and hotel. The rooms were nice. We had a confusing $50per room credit that if I didn't follow up with the front desk would not have been applied to both rooms we had.

The bigger issue we had was we had travelers with us from Europe. The required internet access so we could message or video call to coordinate plans (meeting places, dinners, getting to the wedding etc...). Mirage charges a resort fee of $28 per day. That gives you "free" access to the internet. The Wireless service was unavailable most of the time. Either undiscoverable or unabel to connect. If you could connect it would boot you or have a really weak signal. The Lobby wireless was slightly more reliable but also not always available and you have to reconnect every 2 hours.

I received a lovely letter from Mirage saying that they are working on reconstructing their wireless infrastructure which I am sure will be great for future customers. For me I paid $28 a day for a service they dont provide or provided extremely poorly. This is a non-negotiable by the way as they thought me paying for nothing was acceptable.

This isnt a hotel you can spend much Time in. The restaurants are uninviting and the casino ran pretty lean with lots of empty tables not being used.

The High light of the place is the Beatles Love show. That was absolutely fantastic. I would see it again anytime i could.

I didnt use the pool or shop or see the secret garden so I cant comment. The Volcano show is pretty cool though albeit gimmicky.

Room Tip: Ask for a view room if you dont want to look at the mechanicals on the roof. $10 more a night
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I am glad you had an overall enjoyable visit but am so sorry about the terrible WiFi. Please email TripAdvisor@mirage.com with you and your friend's reservation details and booking names. It is wonderful you still enjoyed The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil (such a remarkable experience) and I hope you had an incredible wedding. I really do wish everything had been perfect for your special vacation, but I look forwarding to hearing from you and addressing these concerns with you personally.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is considered a low-end(luxury) resort. The rooms good and views were awesome. At times the casino could be crowded, but was comfortable.

Only problem was a voucher we used was not deducted from our bill. We called and they took care of it immediately.

Room Tip: Ask! If a strip view is what you want, you have to ask and usually they will comply.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
I am happy you had a nice visit and enjoyed the incredible view from your room. Did you overlook Las Vegas Boulevard? If you would like to share more, please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com with any and all additional details of your trip...it would be wonderful to hear from you!