“Large comfortable room”

GreenLeadersGold level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Large comfortable room”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Booked a summer special and was very pleased with the size and comfort of our room. As far as the pool view - it was well past a span of roof top and I would not call it much of a view. Food options are abundant within the hotel. The location on the strip is perfect - right in the middle of everything. Enjoyed browsing the shops and secret garden - the white cubs were adorable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jenn K, Guest RElations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
I am sorry you did not have much of a view from your room but am glad you still had a wonderful visit! Those white tiger cubs are SO cute...I finally saw them last week and fell in love with them. If you ever want to share more about your visit....or have questions about a future one...please email us at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. We would LOVE to hear from you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,451)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
barbados
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The last time I stayed at the Mirage Hotel and Casino was two years ago. I decide to return to this hotel again as I had a good experience that last time and because of the location on the strip. My wife and I were in Las Vegas to attend a trade show.
Due to delays in our travel plans we arrived at the hotel around 10pm. I was glad to see that they had a roped off area for persons checking in as this was not the case the last time. No more wondering who was next. The lady who checked us in was friendly and professional. She assigned us a room on the 24th floor with a pool view but offered us if we wanted a view of the strip she would see what she could do. We accepted the original room assigned. She also explained about the room fridge's do and don't and the internet.
The room was large and clean. The bed, king size, was comfortable but some might find it on the soft side. The bathroom was very roomy with two sinks and a separate shower and tub. The halls and room was very quiet. We were amused to hear a ferocious ankle biter barking when room services knocked on a door in our hall. This was the only time we heard or knew that a dog was on our floor.
The staff that we came into contact with were very friend. While we were there we ate at Japonais (you have to try the pumpkin cheesecake if you go there), BLT Burger, California Pizza Kitchen and the Carnegie Delicatessen. The food and service was good in all the places that we ate.
We also manage to go to see the lions and dolphins. The dolphin tour was very informative and the guides took the time to make it interesting for the kids there. It is not a dolphin show like Sea World. It was more of an informative show and tell. As for the lions, there was no tour but you were allowed to walk around the cages and view the lions and other cats. Any information about the animal you were viewing was displayed on a board in front of the cage. I would add that at 10am most of the lions etc were sleeping. Not very exciting.
Check out was at 4:00am. We called the bell desk and spoke to Anthony who promptly came to collect our bags and he had them at the taxi area by the time we checked out.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Bajan4
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for coming back again to The Mirage! I am happy you had an enjoyable stay and did not suffer any confusion when checking in! It is wonderful you enjoyed Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat...I LOVE how knowledgeable the staff there is. I just visited today to see the baby lion cubs and one of the trainers was informing us all about them! If you ever have questions about a future visit, or want to share more about this past one, please email us at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. We would LOVE to hear from you!
Victoria, British Columbia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Mirage was awesome! By far the best pool I have been too so far in Las Vegas. The rooms were clean, quiet and staff was so helpful and friendly. The buffet ( Cravings) was great! The Revolution lounge was fun and drinks were great. I luv the fact that being a hotel guest got me in for free in here and 1 Oak. The night club was packed and great music. The drinks were abit expensive. I mean, $26 USD for a Corona and a rum and Coke? (Drink slow...) Overall, my experience was great and I would stay there again. Thank you Mirage, a job well done!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Victor G
Thank you for staying with us on your 7th Vegas visit! They do say 7 is a lucky number...did you win big with us while you were here? I'm just kidding but in all seriousness I am so glad you had an awesome time at our property. What was your favorite part about your stay? Feel free to email TripAdvisor@mirage.com to let me know. I hope to hear from you soon!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Besides being what you expect of a high-service Las Vegas hotel, its location is right in the middle of the Strip. Among their good restaurants is the Carnegie Deli, worth a visit wherever you're staying

Room Tip: As long as the room is clean and a good size, bed, etc., I don't usually pay for a view in Las V...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Carnegie Deli is amazing!!! It has been mentioned quite a few times on here lately...as one of my favorite restaurants here in Vegas that makes me really happy! How long did you stay with us this past visit? You can email TripAdvisor@mirage.com to let me know. Don't forget to include more details of your stay or questions about future travels...we will see you again soon I hope?!
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Clean room, comfortable bed, no stale smoking smell. We had two queens with 3 adults and there was plenty of room for all of us. The food was expensive $11 bucks for a regular sandwich. But most of the other hotels had similar prices. The best part was the rooms were quite, you couldn't hear people in the hallways which was nice.

Room Tip: Higher floors with strip view have great views of the volcano at night.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dana C
I am thrilled you had an all around great visit! Did you stay with us this year for a family vacation? I would LOVE to hear more about your trip...and what your favorite parts of Vegas are so please don't hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I hope to hear from you soon!
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed 11 August 2014

the Mirage was everything and then some that we expected for a hotel. We had great service very clean room and the staff was always pleasant and welcoming. It was quiet and made us want to come back again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
WOW! I am really happy we delivered you a dream vacation while you were here this month! Thank you for your fabulous review and I am so happy you plan to come back. Please feel free to email TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you want to share more about this visit...or have questions about the next one. It would be wonderful to hear from you!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We really enjoyed Japonicas restaurant and the burger place. Our suite was excellent, it was very spacious and relaxing and the bell service was tops. The Mirage is always our first choice when we stay in Vegas and look forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: great room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael B
I am thrilled you were comfortable, cared for and able to relax during your business trip! Thank you for your very kind review and we also look forward to your next visit! Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you have any questions or want to share more...I would LOVE to hear from you!