“The volcano and the suites make this place outstanding”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #51 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This was the first time to Vegas and we are so happy we chose the mirage!
I think if we were to come to Vegas again I would come here again if I was offered to at an affordable price.
The volcano is a must it's mind blowing and we stayed at the tower suite with 2 bedrooms an I think if you can try pushing the boat out that little bit you should defo go for it as it does make that difference

• Stayed: August 2014
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

WOW!! What a fabulous sounding vacation! I am thrilled you had the opportunity to stay in one of our beautiful two bedroom Tower Suites. Could you see the volcano show from your room? If you ever have questions about a future visit....or just want to share more about this past one...please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Write a ReviewReviews (18,681)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Excellent accommodations food and entertainment. Room was comfortable and clean. Terry Fator and Beattle's Love shows are a must. Great dining options but need more late night light food options. Location on the strip and proximity to the Monorail was very convenient. Being part of the M life program is a must and take advantage of affiliations like southwest Avis and play myVegas online and mobile to win free rewards.

Room Tip: Definitely enjoyed the concierge level
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia D
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Was this your first visit to our property? You can email the answer to TripAdvisor@mirage.com to let me know :). I am happy you took advantage of our fantastic Mlife program and the myVEGAS app...both are such great opportunities to gain awesome rewards! Anyways enough out of me...thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

After reading reviews on tripadvisor, we chose to stay at the Mirage Hotel because we wanted a smaller hotel with a quick check-in due to our rush to get to the World Hip Hop Championships at the Red Rock by 3:30. The check-in was relatively quick but the lady checking us in wasn't very friendly or welcoming and seemed bored and mechanical. The room was nicely decorated and the only drawbacks were the windows were dirty and the upholstery on the chairs were stained.
There are lots of good restaurants at the Mirage but we were disappointed with the food at the Carnegie Deli. We should have known that in order to make the cream pies look good, they wouldn't be able to use real whipped cream.
The location is excellent because the Mirage is within walking distance to shopping at Caesars, The Fashion Show Mall and the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood.
The pool was really nice and there were plenty of lounge chairs.
Overall, we enjoyed staying at the Mirage because of the pool, variety of restaurants, and because it was easy to find our way around the hotel.

2  Thank JoVan65

I am happy you were comfortable and would stay with us again! I am sorry though about your experience at check in and with Carnegie Deli :(. It makes me sad you didn't enjoy the food there as much as you were expecting. If you ever want to discuss the good, bad or indifferent parts of your stay with me personally, please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I always like hearing from our guests!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I'll start by saying that we had an amazing time in Vegas and overall we had a comfortable stay, but the niggly things outweigh the positives overall...
On arrival I was informed that our strip facing Tower Suite which was booked was unavailable but they could offer me their hospitality suite on a lower floor for the same rate. The girl on the desk used an ipad to show me pictures of the suite which included a floor plan showing that the suite had two bedrooms - a brilliant upgrade from our one bedroom tower suite. I asked to see the floor plan again to be sure, which she showed me, it definitely had 2 bedrooms, and, travelling with 2 kids I thought " great - separate rooms for the first time in the trip!" and agreed.
When we got to the room it was only a one bedroom suite. After several phone calls to get the second bedroom opened, the third call revealed that the other room was occupied as the suite can be split into two suites. Feeling slightly cheated into a lower floor for the same price I then complained about this and was firmly informed that it was a better suite and that they would offer me one complimentary rollaway bed. I then asked what I would do with my other child as there is no extra bedding in the suite to make up the sofa. They then (firmly again) told me that the one bedroom suites are only suitable for 2 people. My booking was through Booking.com who had the suite I booked listed for 4 people and I had emailed the hotel 3 times to confirm that I was traveling with 2 children and would need bedding for them, with no reply.
To cut a long story short, we kept the suite and eventually, the lady on the phone spoke with her manager and they provided 2 complimentary rollaway beds for our stay.
I did go down to complain to a manager but got a lady who really had heard enough from me before she even spoke to me. She informed me they had done enough to help me and informed me that putting the two complimentary rollaway beds was already a fire hazard and she wasn't prepared to do anything else to accommodate me. Not the best customer service attitude it has to be said. I did appreciate the complimentary beds but I felt I'd been mis-sold the suite in the first place, swapping a tower for a lower floor, even with more floor space, having still only one bedroom, it didn't feel like much of an upgrade.
At least we all had beds to sleep in - they were really comfortable beds though!!!
Next, we were really disappointed to note that there is no coffee making facility in the room. We stayed in 7 different hotels on our 3 week trip of the West Coast and Vegas and every single hotel we visited on this and all previous trips has coffee facilities.
We were lucky and had a fridge in the 'upgraded' suite but I read on other reviews that these normally cost $25 a day.
The 'hospitality' suite we were given had a TV in the end of the bed which was supposed to rise up when switched on and go down again when switched off. This didn't work when we arrived so I asked for it to be looked at. When we returned to our room later it was up and working, however that night it rose up and went down three times by itself waking both myself and my husband up! Now I see why it was disabled. My husband flicked a switch at the foot of it to disable it and we didn't use it again during our stay.
Now let me get to the $28 a day resort fee - I understand that this fee is supposed to cover things like the wi-fi, gym etc. I wonder why customers aren't simply charged for these according to usage, if indeed they need to charge at all. The wi-fi was virtually inaccessible - so slow it was useless and most of the time you can only log in in the lobby. I logged into the bedroom wi-fi only once successfully and it was so slow I couldn't even check facebook. We did not use the gym, we got charged $4.50 service charge on top of the $9 charge for a small (2 mug/3tea cup size) pot of coffee and surely all hotels who provide a pool don't charge extra for the privilege - we used it one evening for an hour to cool off after a long day out. I did not feel that we got any value for money in this fee at all.
I paid for my daughter to go and see the lions and dolphins in Seigfried and Roy's Secret Garden, costing $34. I was told we'd get a $3 discount for adults as guests but despite charging the tickets to my room, I still didn't get a discount at all. Not sure why and didn't want to query it at the time as there was a long line. This attraction is not worth the money - it should be free or half the cost - maybe even part of the $28 resort fee? We were in and out in less than an hour and that was even with my six year old spinning it out in the gift shop for ages.
Everything in the hotel is super expensive! A starbucks coffee will set you back almost twice the price anywhere else, almost enough to make room service seem like good value!

Having said all of this - we did enjoy our stay overall. The beds were comfortable (despite the waking up on the first night) The hotel seems to manage the cigarette smoke from the gamblers very well. It is clean and very glitzy and my girls felt like they were somewhere really special (they weren't paying the bill). A lovely hotel but has some real flaws and they will get your money out of you even without dragging you to the roulette tables!!!

Room Tip: Strip facing are best but according to the desk manager they are not guaranteed even if you have boo...
4  Thank corisande1

I am so sorry about all the issues with your room type and for not accommodating your two bedroom suite. It sounds like a lot of wasted time and confusion occurred during your first day! I want to apologize to you personally for all of this so please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com with your contact information and I will reach out. I am so happy you were able to enjoy the rest of your visit and your girls felt like royalty, but I wish those setbacks and flaws had not happened. Again I am really sorry, but I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This place was awesome!!!! The pool is one of the best on the strip because there are areas that offer shade and even shaded areas in the pool. The air is pretty clean smelling inside the casino and the buffet was excellent. The champagne they serve for brunch is super yummy!!! Be careful of the drinks down the pool as they are very pricey, make sure to ask the server how much it is because a 1 large Pina Colada and 1 large Strawberry Mojito was $50!!! They were very delicious but way over priced. Ask for brunch 2 for 1 coupons, it will save you about $38 per couple!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kellismith S

THANK YOU for staying with us this past July! Were you here celebrating a special anniversary? I am so happy you had a fabulous romantic getaway (pricey drinks and all). Please don't hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com to share more about your experience...I would LOVE to hear from you!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Excellent stay...can't wait for next visit. We were able to come back home with more money than we went with. My wife and I will try to afford a suite next time.
Thank you for the complimentary room and the reduced room rate on the other two nights.

Room Tip: Bigger bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hooray for walking away with some winnings! It is fantastic you had a great stay and left with more money than you started with. You will absolutely have to invest in a suite next visit as they are gorgeous. Please email us at TripAdvisor@mirage.com when you are in the pre-planning stages if you have questions about what type to book. Thank you for your fabulous review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is not the first or the last time we stayed at the Mirage. One of our favorites on the strip of the 7 hotels on the strip we have stayed at. The pool is great and not crazy. The restaurants are great and no disappointments there. You have to experience Carnegie's at least once. Well located near the center of the strip. easy in and out from the Parkade. Word of advice to travelers always rent a car. Most parking in Vegas is free with just a few exceptions. The distances are deceiving. Have sore feet...Pay for cabs.... or just rent a car and enjoy the whole city and surrounding area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex M

I am honored that we are one of your favorite Vegas hotels! How long have you been visiting our fine establishment? I bet you have seen many changes since first staying with us...I know I have seen quite a few in the year I have worked here. Thank you for your great review, please email TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you want to share more, and we will see you next year if not sooner!