“Great stay in Las Vegas!”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #42 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
London!!
“Great stay in Las Vegas!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel after spending the first half of our trip in Miami, and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived.

We weren't sure what to expect as it was our first stay in Las Vegas. The one major downside of this hotel is the terrible wifi. You can only realy get wifi by the pool/on the ground floor unless you are staying in a suit. This is really annoying and quite disappointing considering it is Las Vegas.

Otherwise, the room was clean (although the the cleaner kept putting bags on our beds from the floor which we hated for obvious reasons). The room was spacious and there was an ironing board and iron, wardrobe etc. The bathroom was fir for purpose, although we hated the shower because the water didn't drain out quick enough so you were stood in the water which felt awful!

Overall though, one of the smaller hotels on the strip, but positioned in a great location so you can get to everywhere on the buses or on foot. Definitely go to Freemont street and the shopping outlets while your there if you're into that kind of thing. Also they have great shopping further down the strip and in some of the other hotels, so if you love shopping like us, enjoyyyyyy!!

Oh yea how can I forget, the lady tried to charge us for something on arrival, can't remember what. Anyway we contested it and it was removed from the bill. So not a full five stars due to a few little things, but overall a great stay and some great nights sleep were had in the comfie bed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brow987b
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for choosing The Mirage as your hotel of choice for your first Vegas visit! I am glad we did not disappoint! I am really sorry about the little things that went wrong (poor WiFi, mysterious check in charge etc.) but am really glad these issues did not prevent you from having a fantastic time here! What was your favorite part of your visit? I would LOVE to hear all about it so feel free to email TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,422)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Halton Hills, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I love the Mirage, it has an ideal location on the strip with lots of access to the best shows and restaurants. This was my 5th stay and I will definitely go again. As a frequently solo traveller I always feel welcomed and safe. The rooms are comfortable with nice views even from the less desirable sides of the hotel, though it is very charming to look out my window and see dolphins at play and I would recommend a pool or volcano view if it is available!

The staff is generally very pleasant, though the dealers at the tables could be a bit more friendly and engaging. After all there are lots of tables on the strip and you don't have to play where you stay. It is important to note that they have brushed up their players club with a more generous comp program. I'm not a VIP but even I managed to enjoy a couple of free meals.

The restaurants are nice though I found the buffet to be over priced for the quality and variety of the food presented. Japonais was a nice highlight, pricy but delicious.

This is an older property and it is starting to tell in the toilets that need four flushes, paint chips and tiny bathtubs but that in no way minimizes the warmth and welcoming feel of the décor. The pool is gorgeous with cascading waterfalls and lots of chairs. I generally treat myself to the VIP pool at least once during each stay, definitely a worthy investment for the comfy chairs, warmer pool and free treats.

Overall a great hotel, with lots to offer!

Room Tip: The are refurbishing some of the rooms. Ask when you check in to see if there is construction on you...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
I am really happy you enjoyed your 5th visit here at The Mirage! It is wonderful to hear we have provided you consistently good service over the years. What brought you to Vegas this past August? Feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com to let me know. I am so glad you loved Japonais and again felt welcomed and safe and I look forward to hearing from you!
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Comfortable, welcoming place. Clean and attractive rooms. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Would stay here again. Easy to find way around casino,hotel and shops. Having never been to Las Vegas before I had no clue where to stay. Glad we were here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carol L
I bet it can be overwhelming deciding on a place to stay in Vegas and all I can say is I am glad you found us and we didn't disappoint! Were you traveling through our city on on any special occasion this year? Feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com to let me know. I would LOVE to hear more about this visit so don't hesitate to reach out!
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed as a family..2 adults 2 kids..and we all thought this was a great Hotel..No wandering round the casino trying to find your way out..this was very easy to navigate...check in was easy and the room was very nice..great strip/pool view.The pool is excellent for kids as it's only 3ft deep everywhere and my daughter didn't want to get out....Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gaz21uk
I am so happy your daughter LOVED our pool and your whole family had a great vacation! Was this your first visit to Vegas? You can email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com to let me know. It would be wonderful to hear more about your experience here!
North Aurora
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My daughter and I went to celebrate her 21st birthday. We saw Boyz II Men. It is an excellent show, I would highly recommend it. We also saw Le Reve. Beautiful!!!!! See it if you can.

The only thing I disliked was the price of simple things like a plain cup of coffee was over $4.00. Drinks at the pool are good but ridiculously expensive.

Service everywhere in the hotel was A++. We had a very good time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carolyn S
Happy belated birthday to your daughter!! I am thrilled you both had so much fun at Boyz II Men! What a great birthday present for her. Thank you so much for staying with us and please feel free to contact me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you would like to share more. I would LOVE to hear from you!
doncaster
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here on the way back from Hawaii. For 5 nights cant fault this hotel we loved it and will go back and stay at the mirage next time loved the night life went a few shows. Its on the main strip easy access to shopping. The hotels and casinos are amazing wot an eye opener. Thanks ado

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adomacdoncaster
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your way back from Hawaii! I am thrilled we won you over as loyal guests during the 5 days you spent with us. What was your favorite part of your Vegas trip this year? I would LOVE to hear from you so please don't hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. We will see you soon!
La Habra Heights, Ca
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great location for walking the strip. Teens usually hate Vegas because they cant gamble, but the Mirage was fun for them. The pool was great and CPK and other restaurants were kid friendly. The Mirage is walking distance to the other strip casinos that have shows for kids.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the volcano. Use your MLife account to try to get better rooms. Lock m...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank BunkyB372
I remember visiting Vegas as a teen and The Mirage was one of my favorite properties! I am so happy your teenagers LOVED it too! But then again you really can't beat our pool and, as you mentioned, kid friendly restaurant selections. Please feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you want to share more about your trip...or have questions about next years family vacation. I hope to hear from you soon!