“Vegas 2014”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #50 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Mirage is always a great place to stay and play. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. There are several good places to eat. The check in and check out process fast. We have been staying at the Mirage for 15 years and have only good things to say about it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for being such loyal guests for over a decade! I am thrilled our property is as good now as it was the first day you stepped through our glass doors. Where you here for anything special this August? If so I would LOVE to hear all about it! You can email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I travel to Vegas a couple times a year and every time I have stayed at the Mirage it has been an great experience. The two things that stand out for me is how well the hotel and casino has been maintained over the years, it doesn't appear to have the same wear and tear like other properties that are similar in age. They also offer various places to dine, we really like BLT Burger and STACK.

Also, my experiences with the staff and dealers has always been friendly and positive. They seem to be enjoying themselves and are more than willing to help meet any request that you may have.

I'm pretty excited to be staying there again this upcoming Labor Day weekend. We are hoping to check out the Bare pool for the first time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 326kylea

WOW! We must be doing something right for you to choose to stay with us two months in a row! Labor Day weekend is shaping up to be quite a busy time here in Vegas...there should be plenty to do and of course lots to see! If you have questions about your upcoming trip or just want to share more about your previous visit, please email us at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel is very well located on the strip, very close the all the major casino to visit. This one does not have any fantastic shops to see. The rooms are big and well insulated from noise or heat. The pool is big but crowded (we stayed the weekend). Rooms are clean. Very convenient to see the spectacle cirque du soleil love.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine R

I am happy you enjoyed our convenient location on Las Vegas Boulevard. Isn't it nice not having to take a cab in Vegas? If you want to share more about your stay, please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Living in Toronto this year has left a lot to be desired with our weather, so when our holidays came up last week, my wife and I decided to head some where warm. Comparing other sunny destinations, Las Vegas tends to come up as the least expensive with air and hotel packages.
We have been to Vegas about 11 times and I have only stayed at Ballys twice - the rest of the time we try a different hotel. I have always wanted to stay at the Mirage and this time we decided to give it a try. Results are good with some negatives but lots of positives.
Upon check in we asked for an upgrade and Lupa did so without an issue - even accommodated our view and bed preference. 24th or 25th floor are nice size rooms with nice amenities. Our fan in the bathroom was too noisy, but once it was mentioned to staff, it was corrected. The bed was a little soft - time to be replaced I believe. Housekeeping was very good. Service was a little slow in Carnegie Deli on Tuesday night when we arrived - its worse when you are very hungry I know, but it was not packed as usual and my meal came and my wifes was no where to be seen, until I was almost finished mine despite repeated requests. Apparently the waitress forgot to enter my wife's meal into the system. This is where the tip proves itself out.
Heritage Steak House is unbelievable - the service, the food, the service, the food..... you get the idea. I can not say enough about this place and I am a foodie.
Poker room is always good as are the tables.
Sat around the pool one day - started in the main area and then went to the oasis area - $55pp but well worth it. Great service, (Dana) much less croweded and quieter too. The umbrellas are worth it alone when its over 100F outside.
To sum it up, we love the Palazzo or the Venetian, but we will be back to the Mirage as you get more bang for your buck and the staff are great and accommodating. Kudos to management for letting the staff show their best without micro managing.
One big complaint is the WIFI in the rooms is terrible....not sure why in this day and age. Can we get this fixed please?

Room Tip: any view is nice I find depends on what you want.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MotoringAround

I hope you got your fill of Vegas heat when you were here! Fortunately our summer has been extremely pleasant compared to past years.....2014 was a good time to get out of the cold without being scorched by the Vegas sun! I am sorry about the issues in your room though and our slow service at Carnegie. Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you want to discuss these issues personally (or if you want to rant more about the poor WiFi service). I am happy you LOVED your meal at Heritage Steak and we won you over as loyal guests! If you ever have questions about a future visit...I am the one to contact! See you soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were at the Mirage for only one night and i was plesently surprised as it cost me less than other nearby hotels . Check in line was not too bad ,Staff were plesent and polite, Room was clean and comfortable. Nice location on the strip. Next visit to vegas i will be checking the mirage rates first.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing us for your 1 night stay! Where you just passing through town this year? I am happy we provided you a first class stay at reasonable rates and it is wonderful you will be looking to stay with us for longer next time! Please feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you have questions about booking your future trip. We will see you soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Visited 8/13 - 8/16. Hotel rooms were great, albeit small bathrooms. I wouldn't advise morea than two people to a room (especially women). Lighting in rooms for makeup application is poor. But, the room was clean and nicely appointed. The slots are a bit tight, but loose enough to keep you interested! Food is great. Ate at Stack, BLT Burger, Cravings and Carnegie Deli (for breakfast). Pool is crowded but very refreshing. Take advantage of the MLife card. Good comps!

All in all, a great trip and would definitely return!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

I am happy you had a great trip and plan to return! We definitely have some of the best restaurants in town if I do say so myself.....and our pool seriously cannot be beat. Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you want to share more about your experience...or have questions about a future trip. I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable and everything was clean .The location is right in the middle of everything and you can get to all the other big hotels just by walking a couple of minutes.

Dont miss the brunch at "Cravings Buffet", it's great! :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Cravings Buffet is great! I haven't been in forever and am starting to "crave it." Was that too corny? I LOVE that you had a comfortable stay and found our prime location super convenient. Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you would like to share more about your experience. I hope to hear from you soon!