“Older style but it has everything......”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #47 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Australia
“Older style but it has everything......”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

It has a great location and lovely restaurants but make sure you book them. Queues, queues, and more queues.The Hidden Garden with the white lions and tigers is wonderful as is the dolphin pool. Make sure you go to the viewing windows underground. Magnificent interaction with the dolphins. The Cirque du Soleil Show, LOVE, was the best I have seen. The Volcano show at night is spectacular. All this and more is contained within the Mirage. The only negative is that it is dated and the casino area looks a little grubby. We had a room in the Resort Tower on the 24th floor which was fab as you have your own elevator. No waiting for the lift. Unfortunately we didn't have a nice view. would have been great to see towards the Strip.The pools are lovely but crowded. The helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon is well worth the money. The Mirage is close to the Bellagio and Venetian which are well worth visiting. Drinks are free if you play the pokies. Expensive otherwise! We checked out nearly every major resort along the Strip and the Mirage is one of the better ones!

Room Tip: Suites facing the Strip are nicer than the ones overlooking factory roofs.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AnnieGolding
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Isn't The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil the best show ever?! It is one of my all time favorites here in Vegas. I am happy you enjoyed it too. Your visit sounds action packed and adventurous...I would LOVE to hear more about it (especially the Grand Canyon tour as I have yet to go one one) so please don't hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I am sorry about the issues you encountered with your view (or lack thereof) and pool crowds, but am happy these did not stand in the way of your otherwise great visit! Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to hearing from you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,478)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 August 2014

In years past we stopped staying at Mirage because the service was in decline. They were less and less courteous as well as less accommodating. They changed their image to be edgier, which we found less appealing. However I am so pleased to say Mirage has improved their customer service. We actually got the room we asked for: we had requested a suite. In times past we often were told at check-in that none were available, even though we had reserved one. This time, there were no problems at all. So refreshing! The rooms have been updated and are very nicely appointed. All the staff was courteous. We really really enjoyed our stay and look forward to going back to the Mirage.

Room Tip: We enjoy rooms that are higher up and give both a view of the strip and the mountains at sunset
Green Features: They are very careful to conserve water usage and do recycle
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jimnany
I am thrilled we upped our game and improved our service from years past (and in doing so secured you as a loyal guest again)! Thank you for letting me know about your recent visit and how much better it was than previous ones! It is because of guest feedback we are able to improve in the ways you have described so thank you everyone who has given us pointers on what we can do different. If you ever want to share more about this wonderful turnaround, please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I can't wait to hear from you!
San Ramon, California
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed at the Mirage for the first time and was impressed by the clean rooms, attentive staff, and comfortable bedding. I was traveling with my service animal, and the staff was always accommodating to my requests, and ensured that I had everything i needed. They even guided me to a grassy knoll so my dog could "take his best shot".

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Awww...I am happy your service animal received the royal treatment by our staff! Thank you for your kind review and for staying with us this past August. It is wonderful your visit was great from start to finish and we always accommodated your requests. If you would like to share any additional information about your stay, please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I would LOVE to hear from you!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is a review that has been brewing for several months. I live in Vegas, but did a Memorial Day Weekend stay-cation with my good friend and best hag Denise. The room was basic, but nicely appointed with a nice view of the pool.

By Vegas standards, the hotel is pretty old, almost 30 years old...geez. It will soon be eligible for a spot on the Nevada Historic Registry. Fortunately, it has been extensively renovated and well cared for over its long life. The room was well appointed, comfortable mattresses and linens. I slept like a drunk little baby every single night. Housekeeping kept it sparkling fresh on a daily basis, and never once questioned the emesis spatter on the toilet wall.

We spent most mornings and early afternoons by the pool with coffee in one hand and Bloody Mary in the other. It was a great venue to swim, drink and people watch. We had the best time playing "Gay or European", "Lesbian or Midwestern Mom" and my favorite "Daughter or Mistress".

Make sure to get there early because every single person in the hotel apparently gets up at 6am and throws a random towel on a beach chair in hopes of saving it for later in the day. The pool boys and girls were awesome in helping us finding a spot, and even dragging out additional loungers when necessary. My only complaint was that the drink and food service was spotty, having flagged several servers down, only to be told that we were not in their area.

Helpful Hint #1: The Bloody Mary at the Lobby Bar is one of best I have ever had!!

Overall we enjoyed our stay. The Mirage is perfectly centrally located to enjoy all the strip has to offer. We walked everywhere and anywhere we wanted to go. The restaurants choices are fantastic, and the pool area is beautiful with nicely matured palm trees and waterfall features.

Additionally, for all you pop culture aficionados..they have a Kardashian store called "Khaos". Being a voluptuous, 40 year old gay man, I went in the store and asked for something in a "Size Chloe", only to be given a confused look and obviously disappointed half-smile. When I reiterated my request, I was told told that they didn't have anything in my size. As God as my witness, I will have my "Julia Robert's - Pretty Woman" moment one of these days.

As a local I would definitely stay again, as long as I get another special locals rate.

Helpful Hint #2: Sign up for their email notifications for discounted room rates

You really can't beat Las Vegas for Memorial Day Weekend!! We had a blast!!

Room Tip: Sign up for email updates with the Hotel's website for great discounts. In Vegas you don't...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Jeremy P
Hooray for stay-cations!! Thank you for choosing us as your local destination hotel of choice this past Memorial Day weekend. I am happy you would stay with us again...and your review had me in stitches when reading....thank you for your humor (Julia Robert's Pretty Woman...LOVE IT). Please email TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you want to share more about your stay, learn more about our property, or have questions about next years stay-cation. See you soon!
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is nice and beautiful downstairs but as you go up it's gets worse. Windows barely shut and are dirty and had a rusted tub. We requested to move rooms and the complied thank goodness. The cell reception is awful. The website says "High Speed Internet" but not for mobile devices. Could not even watch a news video from CNN or YouTube. With technology becoming more frequent these days, updates should be made.

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Nate S
I am very sorry about our poor WiFi, the dirty windows in your room, and your rusted tub. Would you please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com with your contact information and room number? I would like to both apologize personally for your disappointing experience, and make sure housekeeping and engineering address the room you were in. Again I am so sorry you did not have a dream visit, but I look forward to speaking with you.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The location is good, rooms were ok. The property needs an update. The staff were very helpful and kind. Noise was at a decent level. The pool area was very crowded and it was difficult to find a seat. Poolside service was good. The nightclub was ok although they booted everyone out fairly early. I thought that was strange. Food overall was good and room service was good.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ninn4
I am sorry your visit was only OK. I am really happy our staff was so helpful and kind, but wish your whole visit has been as good as the encounters with our employees. Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you want to share more about your recent experience and disappointments. I look forward to hearing from you.
Fortson, Georgia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Friendly staff, convenient location, clean rooms. Everything you would need located at the hotel. We had a room with a view of the Las Vegas Strip and was a beautiful site to see especially at night
The lobby of the hotel had a hugh aquarium behind the desk with beautiful fish inside.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us! I am happy you enjoyed our beautiful aquarium...it certainly makes the check in process more interesting! What was your favorite fish you spotted in our tank? Feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com to let me know. I look forward to hearing from you and I hope we see you again soon!