“The Mirage: Well-priced, Best Pick on the Vegas Strip”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #49 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Huntingtown, Maryland
“The Mirage: Well-priced, Best Pick on the Vegas Strip”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The Mirage was the perfect place to stay. All hotel staff were helpful and friendly. We felt welcomed and appreciated as guests.
On our last day, we only left the hotel for a few hours of shopping because everything we wanted to do was at The Mirage. After our morning swim, we ate a nice breakfast at Paradise Café. Before the Cirque Love show (fantastic!), we ate at Samba Brazilian Steakhouse (yum!). Afterwards, we enjoyed a few drinks at the Revolution Lounge and then played the slots.
We have already recommended The Mirage to our family and friends and would stay there again. Much thanks for a great vacation!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank kew1990
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for declaring us the best pick on the Vegas strip! I have to say I absolutely agree with you, although I may be extraordinarily biased :). But seriously, we really are such an incredible property for all the reasons you mentioned in your review. It makes me happy you enjoyed everything from our incredible staff to our delicious restaurants. You certainly had the experience of a lifetime and should you ever want to share more about your stay, please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. We look forward to seeing you on your next vacation!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,475)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Deltona, Florida, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My girlfriend and I booked our trip out to Vegas, staying at the Mirage. We were really excited to stay in a top notch hotel (from what most reviews stated about it). When we arrived though things were a little off from the start. Checking into the hotel we were told that the Resort King room that we had booked was unavailable and that we would be placed into a double queen room instead. When we asked why we couldn't stay in the room we booked 2 months prior we were told that "well, [we] could but [we'd] have to wait like 5 hours for it." Since my girlfriend and I had dinner plans that night and wanted to change into dinner clothes and clean up from the flight, waiting wasn't an option. So, unwillingly, we settled for the queen room. That was only the beginning. Later that night, after walking the strip, we were very tired and headed up to our room only to find that our keys no longer worked. When we called about the situation and they accused us of "illegally sharing the room." Because I put my credit card on file and my girlfriend's name was on the booking itinerary, they thought we were sharing with someone else and deactivated our keys. When we explained the situation (which, by the way, we were told that this wouldn't be a problem by the front desk earlier that day) they told us that they would get us new keys. Did they bring them up to us? No. They made us go from the 23rd floor all the way through the casino and to the registration desk to get them. Then the next day after walking the strip we come back to our hotel room only to find that the door was open and the bathtub running. We called and let them know about the situation and after giving us the run around that simple said "They had been doing maintenance on the tubs, and we are not responsible for any unattended items left in the room." This would make sense except they are the ones that left the door open. Not only that but we had dirty cleaning rags left all over the bathroom from the housekeeping ladies cleaning that day. We told them about how our experience was since we arrived and without apologizing the guy at the front just rudely said, "we'll just take off the resort fees." That is the least they could've done for us. The rest of the trip was ok, besides the occasionally rude pit boss and cocktail waitress, but the dealers were all very friendly, the restaurant service people were very nice, and the Terry Fator show was fantastic. Just seemed like anyone in upper management or at the hotel desk didn't care about anything. It's a shame that we had this happen because, though we are going to be going back to Vegas, we will NOT be staying at the Mirage.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Steven C
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
I am so sorry about your recent experience at our property. It must have been so frustrating getting the wrong room type, then being locked out of your room (believe me......I know how long a walk it is from guest elevators to our front desk....not a distance I would want to cover just to pick up new keys!). Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com so we can discuss your disappointing and inconvenient vacation personally. Again I am so sorry, but I look forward to hearing from you.
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 24 August 2014

From arrival to departure we were well taken care of. The room was definitely showing wear and tear, but it was mainly clean. One exception was that one of our bed pillows had make-up smudged on it when we arrived. We left a note and asked to have it changed, and it was taken care of. We were on the 15th floor with a view of the pool and the strip. We could even see the dolphins from our room. The volcano out front is a must-see. We are not big gamblers but did spend a few dollars in the casino. I despise the smoking in the casino's, on the street, etc. None of the restaurants particularly impressed us so we mostly ate elsewhere. We did have coffee in the Roasted Bean. I was able to get a gluten-free chocolate muffin that was delicious. We swam at the pool, but only ordered drinks one day. Outrageous drink prices, $41 for 2 mojitos and 1 pina colada. The pool is large and clean. The second to the last day of our trip our son developed what appeared to be a sinus infection. The concierge was very helpful with getting us medical attention (Walgreen walk-in clinic across the street). This was my first trip to Vegas (not my husband's) we stayed here because the price was right. Would probably stay again.

Green Features: They wanted you to reuse towels. Wish they had a bin for plastic bottles.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
How cool you could see the dolphins from Siegfried & Roy's Secret Dolphin and Habitat from your room! If I had a view like that I would have just wanted to stare out of my window all day :). I am sorry about the make up smudge on your pillow but am really glad our housekeeping staff took instant care of it! I hope your son has fully recovered from his sinus infection (for some reason I get colds when I travel too...it does get pretty annoying sometimes!). If you ever have questions about a future visit, or want to share more about this one please feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I hope to hear from you!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Next door to Caesars Palace right in the middle of the strip its hard to find a better location! The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable and the whole complex is fresh and welcoming. They have a good choice of places to eat, shop and gamble and outside along the strip you are equally spoiled for choice in these categories. The secret garden is an absolute treat, a real oasis in this crazy city, a chance to relax, enjoy the beautiful gardens and animals alike. Don't miss the volcano show every night!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the strip - great views of sunrise, the strip at night and the mirage volcano...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank buckleyfamo
We are definitely very fortunate to have such a prime location on Las Vegas Boulevard! I don't even need to mention all the other amazing aspects of our property...you did a great job of that in your review! It is wonderful you had an amazing visit and loved our food, shops, and gaming. Please feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com with any additional information you would like to share about your visit. I would LOVE to hear from you!
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Wonderful stay! Beautiful casino, hotel, pool, etc. ALL staff very friendly and helpful. Had a great view on the 18th floor of the south tower overlooking the pool and could see the mountains and part of the strip toward Caesars Palace with Paris in the background. Never a wait for a taxi. They even provide complimentary wheelchairs on a first come first served basis, which we needed for my elderly mother. Perfect vacation!

2 Thank G4227STpatriciap
I am so happy you had a perfect vacation! It is wonderful our staff was friendly and helpful and you had a beautiful view from your room. Thank you for your fabulous review, please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you ever want to share more about your experience. I look forward to hearing from you!
Easthampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Started odd poorly as the man who checked us in told us we could not gat a king size, smoking room as there was a convention at the hotel (reservations were made & confirmed in early march. Also, for health reasons, unable to walk long distances. Room at end of call. One call to front desk and we were given the correct room, still at the end of the hall but doable!!! Great hotel,staff and best pool! Great location and casino also. Room Service way too pricey, but restaurants are excellent!

Room Tip: Don't know how it happened, but last day found a glass and a Smoking pipein our room......luckil...
1 Thank Elizabeth K
Phew! I am so relieved our front desk staff salvaged your visit and quickly assisted you when your room type was not honored! What a wonderful turnaround story! Thank you for sharing it with me. Please feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you want to share more about your vacation and our incredible staff...I would LOVE to hear from you!
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Bobbie was awesome. She was great, friendly, and was so nice to my wife and I. If you are in the sports bar make sure to ask for Bobbie. We went I many places and she was one of the best. We will make sure to come back to see her the next time we are in town.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful commendation of Bobbie! She definitely took wonderful care of you! I just forwarded your review to her management team so she can be recognized for the stellar service. Please feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com to share more experiences you had at our property, I would LOVE to hear all about your recent trip!