“Always our favorite” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Massillon, Ohio
“Always our favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We have been to Las Vegas many times and Mirage is our favorite place to stay. It has a great location, the staff is friendly, the pool is awesome, it's comfortable and overall a great value. We stayed in a tower deluxe room on the 25th floor on this visit. We had an amazing view of the pool, Strip and the mountains. We will definitely stay at Mirage again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Audra S
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for your fantastic review! I LOVE that we are your favorite hotel to stay at in Vegas! The wonderful things you described about our property (our amazing staff, beautiful pool, comfortable rooms) all contribute to why The Mirage is also my favorite hotel (but I may be a bit biased). Please feel free email TripAdvisor@mirage.com if you would like to share more about your experience...it would be great to hear from you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,352)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Corona, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

check in to finally get in to our suite for our Bachelorette gift party we were suppose to have. I asked for some kind of discount and as of today I've not heard from you guys... ;(
Again, I would love to come back and give you guys another chance given that I travel to Vegas all the time.. But, would love to see what you can do to change this poor experience and turn it into a better one...
Best,
Marylou Duran

Room Tip: are rooms weren't ready at 3:00pm and we had to wait passed check in to finally get in to our su...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Marylou D
Hi Marylou. Would you please email TripAdvisor@mirage.com with your contact information? I am unable to locate your reservation in our operating system. I am very sorry about your current experience with us, but I look forward to turning your visit around before you leave!
Tigard, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Back from a quick trip. This stay had some positives and some less positive moments. Arrived early at 10:30 AM so wasn't expecting to get into room. The line at that point was okay and only waited a few minutes. They confirmed our "strip view" room wasn't ready but we were able to check bags and they took my cell number to text when the room was ready. We returned at 3:00 when the website says check in is available only to be told that it could still potentially be another three hours before the room was available. After they checked, the confirmed our room was ready. Note we didn't actually get a text that it was ready until about 6 PM after we were already in the room. The room was spacious and had a good view of the volcano. The pool was packed but we were able to find lounge chairs. Had to wait for awhile though for service. Bar prices and food prices very expensive, even for a resort. The casino was average to good and the staff throughout the property was very friendly and professional. Check out was easily accomplished via the email link that I was sent in the morning of our departure. The room wasn't very quiet and could hear people in the hallway but given that it is Vegas and the drinks flow, increased volume is expected. Wi-fi was very spotty and slow.

Room Tip: Splurge on a strip view room.
1 Thank JimGPortland_Oregon
What a frustrating experience you had checking in! I would have been pretty upset too if I had to wait that long for my room :(. I am really sorry your first day was marred with confusion. If you would ever like to discuss these concerns with me personally, please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I am relieved there were positive moments during your visit, and am glad you were comfortable in your room (once you were finally given a room number). I wish everything about your stay had been perfect, but look forward to providing you a better vacation in the future.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Okay, I understand that a good number of people might want to avoid a place that make good hosts for a bachelor's party, but the Mirage pulls it off without effecting its other patrons' stay. We reserved two hospitality suites as well as a few double rooms. Each of the rooms was spacious, well-appointed, and clean. The hospitality suites had large common areas and a restroom...no need for any guests to go through either of the bedrooms to use the bathroom. The cleaning staff was outstanding, given the number of beer bottles etc. that had to be cleared each morning (BTW we left a good tip). Within the hotel, we ate at the Carnegie Deli (outstanding--felt like I were in NYC), the Rhumbar (outstanding service--best mojitos ever), and Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steak (outstanding service--good steaks) as well as gambled...no shows or night club. Everyone enjoyed the hotel. Additionally, the hotel is central to activities on the Strip...locations that are too far away to walk in the Vegas heat are a cheap taxi ride away. BTW there is not an additional charge to use the valet...be sure to tip well...the fellows are quick to take an retrieve your car. Also, the bell staff is very professional and worth utilizing if you have lots to carry to your room. Given the above, would I patronize the Mirage for a romantic weekend getaway with my spouse...no...probably wouldn't come to Vegas. However, for a fun weekend away with a group of friends, either male or coed, to Vegas, the Mirage is my first choice--an outstanding property with a variety of accommodations available at a reasonable price point for most people.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
You eloquently describe in your review why The Mirage is a good hotel for guests of all ages who are celebrating any number of events! We definitely cater to anyone and everyone. Thank you for leaving us with such a great portrayal of your bachelor party weekend...from enjoying Carnegie Deli (MY FAVORITE!) to booking a wonderful hospitality suite....you certainly did Vegas right! If you ever want to share more about your stay...or do decide to visit us for a romantic getaway...please feel free to email TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We booked two rooms on Expedia, found the staff very friendly, and the hotel is nice, we orginally wanted to stay at Cesear's but i must say the staff are way better at The Mirage, Be careful with the mini bar if you lift an item out of the mini bar, it will automatically charge you. The only annoying thing is you have to pay a resort fee of 28.00. We will come back here next time for sure

Room Tip: just ask for a room with a strip view, we just had to wait until 5 pm to check in, no big deal
2 Thank Michael T
I am happy you found our staff so friendly and had a great recent visit! What brought you to Vegas this past August? I would LOVE to hear more about your recent vacation so please feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We just returned from a long weekend trip to the Mirage in Vegas. We arrived on Thursday evening and only had a couple of people in line in front of us, it was smooth and painless. The room was very nice and clean. One little complaint about the room is it seems you can hear noises in the hallway like they are in the room. The entire hotel and grounds are very clean and well maintained, and the pool is as good as it gets! We went to the Beatles Love Show on Saturday night and it was unbelievable, the sound was great and the entire performance was even better. We used the concierge desk a couple of times and could not have asked for better service, in fact all of the staff seemed to always have a smile and were ready to help in any way they could. The steak restaurant was little on the pricey side, however when you took the first bite you realized why.....Delicious! All in all it was a fantastic weekend and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Was it STACK or Heritage Steak that housed the incredible meal you mentioned in your review? I want to go to that restaurant now! I should probably stop responding to reviews when I'm hungry...I always end up going to eat at all of our restaurants (although that really isn't a bad thing...right?). Enough rambling out of me, I'm really happy you had a wonderful visit. It is fabulous everything was perfect from beginning to end and you packed shows, dinners and pool time into your vacation. If you ever want to share more about your experience, please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I hope to hear from you!
Oakville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

The whole place is very clean and everyone is super friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again. The only thing we weren't happy with were the prices at the restaurants, the could be a little less.

Room Tip: We thought the room was wonderful.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am happy you had a fabulous visit and everyone was super friendly and helpful! I am sorry about the restaurant prices though...I hope you still enjoyed the meals you had while here? Please feel free to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com and let me know. Thank you for staying with us and for your great review...I look forward to hearing from you!