“Great First Impression!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Edmonton, Alberta
“Great First Impression!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Good place to stay, lots of amenities close, and beautiful pool. The waiter/waitress service is a little slow in the casino area when playing table games. Also very very slow at the pool. The Pool itself was amazing, and it was comfortable. The bed was the best!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
I am thrilled you had a great first impression of our property! It is fantastic you enjoyed our gorgeous pool and super comfortable beds. If you ever want to share more about your experience with us, please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I would LOVE to hear from you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,428)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I already did several hotels in Vegas, and the Mirage is the first one with a Low Quality compared to the Price: the bathroom is ridiculous and the hotel is very old. Some restaurants are closed or do not accept you 20min before closing (We eat now at the Venetian). I remain at your disposal should you need more information on the hotel

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Ulstef
I am so sorry about your recent disappointing stay. I am glad you are open to providing more feedback, please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com to do so. I look forward to speaking with you.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Always an amazing hotel to stay at. I rarely will stay anywhere else when I visit Las Vegas. Best value for location on the strip. Great pool and great casino. Not so big that you feel lost when walking around the property.

1 Thank Brandon S
Thank you for your great review! I am really happy you always have an amazing time at our property. How many visits have you made to us over the past few years? I would LOVE to hear more about this visit and previous ones so please don't hesitate to email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. We will see you soon!
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Throughout our stay at the Mirage, we experienced outstanding service from the staff at all levels. You'd be hard pressed to have better staffing at a hotel that charged a whole lot more than the Mirage. We'll definitely come back again.

2 Thank NotMyName948
WOW! I am thrilled our staff impressed! Thank you for your beautiful compliment. We at The Mirage are so lucky to work with a Dream Team of I compassionate, kind and wonderful individuals. I am so glad you experienced our care while you were here. If you would like to share more about this visit...or want to let us know when you plan to come back, please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
burlingame
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We've been staying at the Mirage for many years. Very conveniently located near the Forum shops, Venetian, Palazzo, TI and Fashion Show Mall. Loved it more when owned by Steve Wynn. It had a very Island vibe with a coconut fragrance wafting through the building. The large vases of flowers by the registration desk were always tropical and gorgeous. Several days ago they were roses and sunflowers. Registration did have a room for us around noon with no extra charge and 2 small bottles of water. Our vacation package came with a $50 food/drink credit which was nice and easy to use. Planet Hollywood wants a fee to check you in before 3pm. However the resort fee is a bit steep- $25 dollars on a $79 room. The area beneath the glass dome has changed drastically. Where it was covered in tropical flowers and foliage years ago, now it is getting more sparse. I suppose the new owners are saving money.

Room Tip: near an elevator is good strip views can be noisy depending on how low you are
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so happy you still enjoy our property and convenient location, but am sorry you noticed some disappointing differences this time. Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com to further discuss your concerns. It is wonderful you took advantage of our $50 food and beverage promotion...which restaurant did you enjoy with your credits? Thank you for your review and feedback, I hope you will still visit us again next year, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Not the fanciest hotel in Las Vegas however its great for the price. The room showed a bit of wear and tear but it seemed clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was friendly. We've payed a lot more to satay in places that were not as nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Thank you for your review. You have noticed one fact about The Mirage - our resort will be 25 years old in November. However, I am glad to hear that you have paid more for less than what we provided. Although we can't do much about the age of the building, I hope that the level of care and friendliness you received was part of your great review rating. If there is anything else you'd like to share, please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com. I really hope to be able to entertain you again soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and l booked for 6days 4nights out of the 6 nights we were sleep starved with young men partying in their rooms and domestic fights at 3and 4am in the morning the room walls were paper thin security was visiting rooms on the 20th floor every night I have stayed at 2 other Vegas hotels in the past And never e perienced this issue I believed it was. Family orientated hotel even though we were a couple travelling when l consulted the manager he offered to move us although we would experience the same issues on other floors also it you appreciate reading a book by the pool without loud music this is not the hotel for you

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jenn K, Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Oh no....what a terrible way to spend your vacation. I am so sorry about the sleep deprivation you left our property with...not to mention the frustration and inconvenience you experienced. Please email me at TripAdvisor@mirage.com so I can personally apologize for your poor past stay. Again I am very sorry, but please don't hesitate to reach out to me...I would really like to speak with you.