“Fun in Vegas”

Ranked #40 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“Fun in Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Everything was wonderful! We enjoyed all of the amenities that we used. The food was wonderful in Cravings Buffet with a great selection of all types of food. Also enjoyed breakfast at Carnegie's Delicatessen. The Mirage has a wonderful location on the strip which adjoins the Forum Shops and Caesars Palace.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason G, Director of Guest Relations at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Sounds like you really enjoyed Carnegie Deli and Cravings, our buffet. The next time you return, you will have to visit Pantry. It is our new 24 hour kitchen that will be opening to the public September 10. Thanks for the review - if you left out anything, please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com. Otherwise, we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,395)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I've been staying at Mandalay Bay for years, but I wanted to explore a different section of the strip so we tried out the Mirage. Loved it. It's a very comfortable hotel, whether it be in the newly remodeled high floor rooms or cruising the casino floor. It has a very welcoming vibe. Plus it's in a great section of the strip. There are super high-end hotels (Venetian, Wynn, etc) and rough and tumble, cheaper casinos around as well (Casino Royale, Harrahs).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so happy you decided to come north to The Mirage!! It sounds like you had a great time - please let me know if there was anything else we could have done better. My email is tripadvisor@mirage.com. I really appreciate you stepping out and doing something different. Will we see you again soon?
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Loved the location. Very clean. Was more convenient that the club I went to (1Oak) was right downstairs. Worked out so well. Loved their buffet. Might have been a little pricey but it was on a busy weekend also.

• Stayed August 2014
You visited us so you could go to 1OAK - I hope you had a blast at the club. Thank you so much for your visit and your review. When is the next beautiful stay scheduled. Email me and let me know - tripadvisor@mirage.com.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Right in the centre of everything and many things are great but there are a few basics that could be improved:

- no drinking water available except by the pool. Other hotels in the strip offer this.
- wifi in the room was very patchy.
- no quiet space to sit.

Beds were very comfortable though and rooms were very clean.

Stayed September 2014
1 Thank Rachael C
Thank you so much for your visit and review. I am sorry that no one offered you drinking water except at the pool - it should have been made available everywhere. There are bottles of water available at our front desk for our guests. We are certainly working on our WiFi, it is a flaw. But those beds - I LOVE them so much that I have one in my own house!! Please let me know where else you went at The Mirage where you were not offered access to water. My email is tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thanks again!!
Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

The Hotel is nice and central on the strip. Great staff all around! Watch out for that mini bar! Just moving things will cost ya, and it's NOT a fridge. Enjoy! Great eating, the Carnige Deli is great value!

Room Tip: Many rooms face roofing, gotta ask for a view of the strip or pool.
Green Features: The air conditioning took a bit to adjust but worked well.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandy S
What did you have at Carnegie Deli - my fav is the Bacon Whooppeeeeeeee...I use e's here for emphasis. I am glad you had such a great stay and we are looking forward to your next visit. If there is any other feedback you'd like to provide, please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com. Thank you for your review and your visit!!
Fruit Heights, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Mirage is not a 5 Star hotel but if you are looking for a great value, friendly staff, and location on the strip then the Mirage is your place. I have stayed at this property many times over the years and have always found it to be a great value! The rooms are comfortable with modern appointments and the hotel has a variety of great dining options. The casino was recently updated with new carpet and still retains a slot players favorites while a nice assortment of new machines. We recieved the VIP treatment this last trip and were able to check in with great speed and service. Amenties are fresh and modern, beds comfortable, and the rooms very clean. Our biggest complaint was that the pool was ice cold...strange on a 110 degree day in Vegas but still...too cold!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sthaeler
I am so happy you noticed all of the work we have done to the casino - it looks amazing!! I am really sorry about the pool temperature. We have been struggling with it this summer but are in a great place right now to ensure that the pool is heated to 80 degrees or above no matter how cold (or hot) the air temperature is. Please email me at tripadvisor@mirage.com if you left anything else out of your review - thank you so much for your feedback - and I am personally responsible for the pool temp the next time you return - it will be warmer!!
Sacramento
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Very surprised when my key card opened the door and a young man was already in the room. I thought he may have been a late checkout, but I said he had just checked in. Oh My! Note to self, always do the double lock since it could have been me in the room first and someone else trying to get in.

Room Tip: ask for an odd number room. odd number rooms have views of the erupting volcano or strip area
Green Features: They didn't have the annoying 'environmentally-friendly practices' signs all over the room. I appreciate that, because I never believe it is for environmentally purposes, but to save them money.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Whoa - I am really sorry about the room feature that was not planned. I hope we took care of that very quickly. As for the Green Features, we do recycle all of our trash at The Mirage and every trash can is labeled discretely - LOL. Please let me know if there was anything else you left out but you did share the greatest hotel tip ever - when available, always bolt lock your door - no matter where you are staying. My email address is tripadvisor@mirage.com - hope we get to see you again soon.