“Just right for what we needed!”

The Mirage Hotel & Casino
Ranked #50 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 October 2010

My best friend and I stayed at the Mirage this weekend for a girls weekend. This was our second stay at the hotel, and found it just as pleasurable as the first time. The location is perfect right in the middle of the strip. If you are looking for a comfortable, clean, easy place to have fun--the Mirage is your hotel. ALL of the staff we interacted with was pleasant and helpful. The rooms are nothing too fancy but they are clean, stylish and have all the basic amenities. One special thing about the rooms are the beds---they are heavenly, and when you are only going to be sleeping a couple hours a night --that is really important! We didn't go to any of the main restaurants this time, but we did visit the lobby bar, frozen yogurt shop, and coffee shop--all were great. The pool is perfection. The only real complaints I have are the casino floor is a little dark and dingy--could use a bit of a make-over and the walls in the rooms are a little thin--you here a LOT of traffic from the halls, especially from housekeeping.
My tips for your stay are--make sure you go to the sundry shop for your "free bottle of water and paper" otherwise you are just throwing away the $15 a day resort fee.
And you can get a cheap easy breakfast at Denny's across the street!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank tmomma7
There are newer reviews for The Mirage Hotel & Casino

Reviewed 12 October 2010

A group of 10 traveled to Las Vegas for my daughter and a friends son 21st birthdays. We weren't sure about the cost, but we were very glad we spent the extra money on a very decent resort. The location is the best on the strip! With the 2 turning 21, and a couple more close in age, we were glad we were centrally located. The rooms were very nice. Extremely comfortable bedding, high end amenities, delux everything. The best part of the place was the awesome pool. We all saw Beatles Love right there, and have to say it is the best I've ever seen. Can't say enough about how much everyone enjoyed the Mirage.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2010

The Mirage is situated in the heart of the strip which makes it convenient to walk to lots of other hotels and of course the Fashion Mall. The lobby is attractive and the casino is full of life and has plenty of restaurants that are affordable. I stay at the Mirage every six months and have always been happy. However, the last time I wasn't too thrilled with my room which I thought could have been cleaner. And room service (this time) wasn't too hot either. I'm going back in two months and would like to write another review. All in all my experiences at the Mirage have been a good ones.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed at the Mirage in Aug in a standard room. The spacious rooms were recently re-modeled with contemporary furnishings. The room was also quiet with can sometimes be an issue in Vegas rooms.
We enjoyed many restaurants: Brazil steakhouse, NY deli, CA Pizza, BB Kings.
The only issue was the crowded pool--it was impossible to find a chair unless u reserved one with your towel at 9am.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Have stayed here twice while in Vegas. The location is one of the best on the strip. Easy to walk to and from the area. The rooms are remodeled and very well done. Comfortable beds. The only thing I wish they had would be 2 sinks in the bathroom. The regular deluxe rooms don't come with this. You need to upgrade in order to get 2 sinks.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Disappointed and not a patch on some less pricey hotels. Impersonal and tired linen and towels. Less room facilities than expected. Was expecting this to be pinnacle of our trip but were very disappointed with standard and would not stay here again if in Vegas.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Review Mirage Hotel September 29th-October 2nd 2011

My wife and I travelled to Las Vegas from Toronto for a 3 night (Sept 29th-Oct 2nd) stay at the Mirage. It was my first time in Vegas and my wife’s third. We chose the Mirage for its location on the strip and the many positive comments about the pool.
We booked a shuttle service in advance (Gray Line) for our trip to the hotel. Unfortunately we had to wait an hour before boarding the shuttle for the 20 minute trip to the hotel. We arrived at the hotel around 10:30 am and thought that we would have to leave our luggage in a secured area until it was time to check in. We thought we join the very short line to inquire as to when we could come back to check in only to be surprised to learn that they had a room available for us if desired. I did ask for a complimentary upgrade to a tower room and instead of waiving a $20.00 spot in the staff’s face I tried to bride her with cute puppy pictures . Truthfully as she admitted herself it would have worked if they had a tower room available at that time of the morning. She advised that we could come back later to see if there were any tower rooms available but since we were tired from the long trip we chose to go with what they had available that that time. We ended up on the 8th floor (8018) and had a nice view of the mountains as we’ll as a partial view of the pool and side view of the strip.
Room:
The room was very clean and well appointed. We had a 42” LCD tv, a very comfy bed, and a small but functional bathroom. From the reports I read on TA I mentioned to my wife that we should be prepared for loud voices in the hallway and door slamming at all hours of the night. I’m pleased to advise that we had very little noise during the night only hearing the doors close mostly in the morning as people headed off for breakfast. The room had a large closet with iron and ironing board and a small wall mounted safe only big enough to store your passport and perhaps some jewelry. Air conditioning worked well and the housekeeping service was nonintrusive and did a great job. Of course we never touched the bar fridge opting rather to fill the ice bucket with ice and placed our water bottles right into the ice to chill.
Pool:
Pool was large and awesome. We had 3 days of 100F weather so as you can probably guess the pool was packed early. As everyone else mentioned the pool area was busy with your standard ‘chair hogs’ arriving early to place their towels , books and sun tan lotion on the chairs and then taking off to have breakfast, gamble, take a nap, get their hair done, shop and then return just in time to spend a half hour on the chair before heading back to the room to get ready for the evening. It’s a real shame because if people would only use the chairs when they wanted them there would be a ton of chairs available for everyone always…….
We actually opted on our second day there (Thursday) to book two private lounge chairs for the day. The cost was $25.00 each and it allowed us to book our chairs (along with comfy cushions, fitted towel to cover the cushion, personal towel and umbrella) for the entire day (1000am – 5:00 pm). This area provides you with your own private pool with ample amount of real estate for your chairs & table unlike the adjacent public pool where you are jammed in like sardines. We had a waitress walking around often servicing us drinks and food. As a fyi, the cost to enter this area goes up to $50.00 per chair for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Hotel:
We loved the hotel! We felt the hotel was very easy to navigate and thought there was ample signage to direct you to the elevators, restaurants, theatres etc. We loved the beautiful lush gardens in the lobby and out front of the hotel. The casino was pretty much standard fair compared to the other ones we saw as we walked from hotel to hotel along the strip. We only played some slots one night without much success. We did however manage to get a few free drinks while sitting at the machines playing the penny slots.
The staff was always helpful and accommodating. The much discussed resort fee really was a non-issue to us as we took advantage of the two bottles of (cold) water and newspaper obtained through the gift shop (just beyond the guest elevators) each and every day.
Restaurants:
We had breakfast on our first full day in Vegas at the Carnegie Deli. Breakfast was good however it cost of $35.00 for two standard breakfast plates you could get at Denny’s for $10.00. I have to admit though the HUGE deli sandwiches we saw being served at 0900 were to die for!!!! Big and yummy.
We also ate one night at BLT Burgers. The food was good but I was hoping I was going to experience the big wow factor to which I did not. Two burgers and fries were not cheap either as we ended up paying around $50.00 for burgers, fries and a beer.
For breakfast the following two days we just crossed the street and visited McDonald’s. Cheap, easy and quick.
As part of my Vegas research I came across Casa Di Amore. It’s a highly rated Italian restaurant off the strip. While reading the reviews on TA I noticed that the restaurant offered a complimentary stretch limo pick-up and drop off service to any hotel on the strip. What a nice surprise! The limo picked us up promptly at 7:30 pm for the 25 minute drive to the hotel. The restaurant was a throw back from the old days with exposed brick and old pictures of stars who have visited in the past. The restaurant was extremely busy for a Wednesday night so we had to go to the bar for a drink or two while we waited for the booth we requested. Much to our surprise they had entertainment that night. We listened to a two man group made up of a piano playing singer and a 90 year old violin player. The 90 year old was Bill Jean who happened to play with greats like Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole many years ago on the strip. Very entertaining to say the least.
The food and service was good and the cost was reasonable for Vegas standards. Once we were done our limo driver Ray was waiting outside to pick us up……What a deal!
The next night my brother and his wife selected the restaurant. We ended up at another Italian restaurant (Battista’s Hole in the Wall) again off the strip. This place was very busy as well for a Thursday night however we were seated fairly quickly. Battista’s is another throw back restaurant again with plenty of exposed brick and vines and grapes hanging from the ceiling. This restaurant didn’t have a limo but it did have all you can drink free wine (red or white) as part of your meal cost. Food was fair to good and plentiful. This place had a old guy (he’s apparently been there forever) working the tables for a tip playing the accordion singing you a personal song. It if wasn’t so obvious he was working the tables for money it would have been a cute touch.
We also stopped by a Mexican restaurant for lunch one day (El Segundo). This place was located just outside the Fashion Mall next to Strip Burger. We really stopped by to rest our feet and to get a drink and a snack to tie us over until dinner. We had very nice chips and salsa and I had a very good Mexican pizza along with some beers to keep my belly happy.

The Strip:
Since it was my first time in Vegas we walked the entire strip visiting many of the hotels along the way. I loved the fountains at the Bellagio, the Million Dollar Mile shops, the volcano at the Mirage and the pirate show at TI. The first afternoon we were there we walked quite a bit and found Walgreens right on the strip close to the Mirage. I thought great we can pick up some beer and wine and some socks cause my feet were killing me from my new shoes. We found the socks but unfortunately this Walgreens didn’t sell beer or wine…shucks! The first night we walked around I bought $8.00 beers from the bars along the strip. The second day I got smart and found stores south of the Mirage which sold 6 packs of ice cold Bud cans for $9.00. I just carried them around with me drinking them as we walked….. 
Shows:
We only saw one but that particular show was one of the best shows we’ve ever seen. We saw the 9:30 pm show of the Cirq de Soli Beatles Love……..in one word it was AWESOME! We purchased the tickets from the hotels website about 2 months before the show and received a 35% discount. While at the hotel I overheard a couple saying that they got Love tickets for 50% off that particular day. Mind you we saw the show on Friday night whereas they we going on a Wednesday night. We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the performance…what a visual treat! Worth every penny and more.
Overall we had a fantastic time in Las Vegas and in particular the Mirage Hotel. We would have no issues recommending this fabulous hotel to anyone of our friends or family.
Thanks for the memories………………………

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple