“Love this place”

Ranked #110 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Arizona
“Love this place”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I always stay here,have been for the last 10 or 12 years. The location is GREAT "Freemont Street", rooms are quiet and BIG. Price is GREAT! Food is GREAT and in house shows are GREAT! Staff is GREAT!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is located right at the end of downtown Las Vegas! The hotel has spacious rooms, comfortable beds and quiet. The room could use more large mirrors. There is only one above the sink. We did not utilize the pool. The casino was nice and lounge with large TV's by a bar. Check in and Check out process was quick. Staff was friendly and courteous. There is a resort fee and security deposit of $50 which was refunded shortly after check out.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor in the corner which was close to the elevator and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
PlazaBest, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff friendly and courteous. We look forward to your return visit.
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stopped for one night on way to California from Colorado. No water in morning for showers, toilet, even to brush our boys' teeth. 45 minutes after notifying front desk of problem, still no water. Only refunded $10 resort fee...very rude front desk agents and manager was even cold and no help. I was told there would be no other refund and was not offered any other resolution, ie - key to another room or free night. You know it's bad when kiddos tell everyone the hotel we stayed in was terrible. I will give this hotel a bad review on every site I can. This is no way to treat any guest. Disgraceful!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank AM102014

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel has been recently renovated. The renovation process has eliminated a few facilities including the buffet. The restaurant offers amazing deals per night and the personnel here will do almost anything to please its customers. It definitely turned out to be more than I expected for the price I paid. The hotel is conveniently located right in front of Fremont Street ( Where the giant ceiling screen is). I stayed for New Year's eve ( not the best time to travel). Prices usually skyrocket during this time of the year, but rooms fluctuate as low as $25 per night during low season. Renovated rooms were spacious, modern and clean. A complete bargain.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
We are very happy you chose to spend your New Years Eve with us! Glad you had a great stay. Hope you come back soon.
boise
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My wife and I just got back from a trip to Las Vegas and a stay at the Plaza Hotel on Freemont Street. This was our first time staying at a hotel on Freemont street and our first time at the Plaza. We absolutely loved our stay at the Plaza. Nice big room, comfortable bed, clean with a great view. The staff at the Plaza were friendly and helpful. We will definitely be staying at the Plaza on our next visit to Vegas.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce P
PlazaBest, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
We are so glad to see that you would stay with us again! We are glad you enjoyed the view. Thank you for your review and hope to see you back soon.
Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Ever heard the expression you get what you pay for? I stayed at the Plaza my second trip to Vegas in June of 2013 because they advertised very low rates in a newly renovated Hotel. I would have hated to have seen in before the renovations! The elevator area and the vending machine area was never cleaned in the 6 days I was there. The room was clean but needed painted. They put me in a handicap room(I didn't need one) and even though I requested to be as far away from the vending room as possible, my room was right next door. The place was about empty so I know this wasn't the only king room available. I also had a radio station in Knoxville,Tn paying my entry fees in poker tournaments as long as I wore their T-shirts with their logo on it. The radio station FedExed the shirts to me. The problem was that the idiot at the toll free reservation number gave me the wrong street address. I didn't find out until I got back home that the shirts were sent to the 4 Queens! As a result I had to pay all the entry fees myself! I would not have gone if I had known I wasn't being sponsored.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank volman55328
We are so sorry about your negative experience at the Plaza. We want you to know that we are investigating the issues you had in your review so it does not happen again. You really should have gotten the room you requested and had the correct address for your package. Thank you for your review. Your input helps make the Plaza better.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2014

good position, nice view and personal attention. Clean room with comfortable bed and noise reduction. centrical location and the casino very good. the music on the casino is amazing I saw the singer girl and the band.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review! We hope you'll be coming again soon.