“Ok for the price....”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas
Ranked #37 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have stayed in many different locations of Embassy Suites and this one was probably the worst. Since I hadn't stayed at this location, I relied on my past experiences with Embassy Suites. The staff was excellent but the overall condition of the hotel was shabby. Our room had stains all over the carpet and couch. It was hard to tell if it was dirty or worn out! Positives about this stay: staff, breakfast ( was great!) price of room, & smoke free lobby/no casinos. Another positive thing about this hotel was that we could sleep 6 people in a room. That is hard to find in Vegas! I probably wouldn't stay again in this location unless they did a remodel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you very much for the review and for sharing your comments. I am pleased to hear about the service from the staff.
I was disappointed to hear that your suite was not up to our standards. We will continue to work hard to keep our suites clean and well maintained. I apologize for your suite conditions.
We do appreciate the feedback and will be able to improve our services because of it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here for my sons basketabll tournament for two nights. Excellent hotel, very clean rooms, felt safe & enough space for the five us. close to the strip & the cooked to order breakfast was awesome!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you very much for the great review. We appreciate the comments. We hope you'll be back again.
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Las Vegas.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hotel was nice, as Embassy Suites are, but in this case there were a lot of issues with noise. Construction on the road immediately outside our room started Friday at 6 AM. An all night event was in progress Friday night at UNLV, with DJ. Also air planes landing very nearby. All of these would have been better on any but the east side of the building. Best to ask about events and request a room on the west end.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Chuck V. S

Thank you for the review and sharing your feedback.
I am sorry about the noise issues you had. The road construction project from the city is nearing the end and unfortunately the UNLV event that caused an issue is an annual event called "Relay for Life" and we don't have any control over that.
We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

With my children visiting Vegas we had good experience with Embassy Suites. The included make-to-order breakfast is a plus besides all the family friendly environment. There is no casino in the building and we preferred that way. Recommended for family with kids!

1  Thank Jennifer H
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you very much for the review and your comments. We really appreciate your business and agree that we are perfect for families looking for a weekend getaway or on vacation.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here a few years back. Very very nice. We were student on our first trip to vegas and some how managed to fit 6 people in one room here. they hosted a cocktail evening for all guests every night which was fantastic. They have two resident swans in the foyer, a nice touch. the only fault that i would have on the hotel is its location, its a fair walk to the strip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank rockfist
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you very much for the review and the feedback. We do hope you make it back to Las Vegas again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We arrived around midnight and were given room 643, the same room the Hilton web page showed as our assigned room when I checked in on line hours earlier. (I had no idea where the room was located nor its layout at that time) As Diamond level Hilton Honors members, we found the room was quite disappointing at first glance and really never got better. It was just an average room but on the top floor. The décor was 20 years past due, but one of the ladies (Sandra) at the front desk told me the next morning when I said something that they were renovating-not sure if she meant they had started or not? I also commented that all hotels in Vegas (and all Embassy Suites) should have room safes, and she said that was in the renovation masterplan as well! So, at this point, I will say that this hotel will be much better in a few years. The television was nice in the living room area but did not work in the bedroom. The last morning since we hadn't used the one in the bedroom, I tried turning it on and tried both remote controls-they both worked on the other one- but could never get the bedroom one to work. I told the front desk and had to say twice that this was more for the next guests and not to do anything in the five hours before we checked out. Sandra was off that day! They didn’t, but I had to reiterate my point. After our 3 days there, I have to say that Sandra was the best front desk staff member at this location. The room design was the basic standard Embassy Suite two room set up. The bathroom also was dated. The water drained very, very slowly, but again, thanks to our call to Sandra, it was repaired on the first reported attempt and worked fine the rest of our stay. Water pressure, especially hot water, was a little slow. Soap, shampoo, and other amenities were provided as expected but soap was not replaced the second day. They need to put a soap dish higher as the lower one isn’t too convenient when one takes a shower! Coffee and tea for the kettle in the area where the fridge and microwave are kept with a separate sink was never replaced. We received a couple of bottles of water in our fridge at check in and also were invited to raid the pantry in the lobby for a couple of items each at check in! Water was never restocked as it should have been for our status! Breakfast was adequate but could be very slow with a crowd. There was only one cook, and he and his assistant prepared the plates with the meat and potatoes to go with the made to order eggs. Juices, breads, yogurts, coffee, etc. was in a separate room. One morning they had a hot buffet station set up with scrambled eggs, sausage links, and a few other items, but every third person in the cooked to order line near me ordered scrambled eggs so it was just there and didn’t reduce wait times for omelets and such! They have Starbucks (very bitter) coffee (never understood why they are so popular). There was no V8, tomato, or other vegetable juice, just the high sugar fruit juices. I would say that breakfast is better at most other Embassy Suites. I really prefer Hilton Garden, but that is due to a more select group since it’s not free for everybody. They have similar items but provide more personal service. There is no shuttle from the airport due to Las Vegas rules, I think! Our flight home was after midnight so we could not take the shuttle since the last one is about 9 pm. We did use it to get to the strip a few times and had friendly drivers who took us to where we wanted to go and not to Planet Hollywood (they go to the airport on the hour and Planet Hollywood on the half hour normally). They took us to the Venetian one night and to the Tropicana one afternoon so that worked out for us. In summary, I have to mention Sandra once again. She was so nice and attentive to our room’s needs. She provided top notch service and really seemed to enjoy her chosen work (I think job is too severe of a word since she was so happy and really enjoyed being there so much). Currently, the hotel is no better than a 3. Once it’s renovated, it should be a 4, but unless they improve other factors such as 1) training the maids to restock everything, 2) a decent happy hour with something desirable to eat and drink (they serve Coors Light as the light beer selection-yuk!), 3) extended shuttle hours-it is Las Vegas, 4) a better trained overall front desk team-I asked about why the printers wouldn’t print my flight itinerary and was blamed for not knowing how to operate the machine!, 5) adding vegetable juice and other healthier items and streamlining the queue for egg orders, and 6) offering Diamond level members better upgrades than the top floor by the elevator. I don’t know if they will ever be a 5!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BerlinG-ParisF

Thank you very much for the review and for explaining in great detail your comments.
I commend you on being so thorough. This will be a great teaching opportunity for all of our departments.
I am sorry that we were just average. Your comments will greatly assist us in providing the additional training in our departments for both service and awareness/helpfulness.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is a horrible, unworthy of my time hotel. Their prices are average compared to others, somewhat far from the strip. They have a very bad pickup system where they pick up only once an hour which sucks. The front desk is understaffed and never answer the calls. They also have swans which look like they are drugged because they are always sleepy and move very slow and don't try to run away from people. Overall not that great of an experience

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you so much for the review and sharing your comments. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay and didn't like our hotel.
I will certainly take your comments into consideration. However, we run our shuttle schedule based upon our guest's needs as they relate to both the airport and the Strip. Our swans are in fine health and are routinely checked by a vet. They are part of the hotel and enjoy people and kids feeding them, they are not afraid of them.
We hope you will be back in Las Vegas and encourage you to stay at any of our Hilton brands.