“Good Business Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
scottsdale, az
“Good Business Hotel”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

If you are traveling to Las Vegas for business, and want something off of the strip, this is a good choice. Pretty much your standard Embassy Suites, as far and amenities, but convenient for most business travelers.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Bruce-

Thank you very much for the review and for sharing your comments.

We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We agree that we are a great alternative to staying on the Strip.

Thank you for staying with us.

General Mananger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I was in Las Vegas this week and wanted to stay off the strip but reasonably close. I decided to try one of the Embassy Suites as they are off the strip and I haven't stayed in one for a long time. I selected the one across from the Hard Rock because of the location (the other one is near the Convention Center).

The hotel is your typical Embassy Suites with the classic atrium style building. I had a room at the back facing the pool and the back of the Hard Rock Hotel. While the hotel is on Swenson St., there is also an entrance off north bound (sorry, no south bound access) Paradise which is great as Paradise is a main north-south street along the strip. The hotel is between Tropicana and Flamingo which gives you access to a good number of the strip hotels and casinos.

If you been to an Embassy Suites, you know what to expect. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I did not try the food or beverage service as I didn't really spend much time there. The pool area looked very nice with a little cave and water fall in the middle of the back side of it. Two separate spas so no waiting.

My only minor complaint is that the shower curtains are too short (width) for the showers. If you stretch them out with your two hands, they'll barely cover the shower. However, when you let go, they'll shrink back to 66 to 80% of the shower space which allows the opportunity for water to splash out on to the bathroom floor. This is an inconvenience for me as I worry about the water on the floor when I exit and usually throw a towel down to supplement the bath mat. I would suggest that the hotel consider replacing them with longer ones as they wear out or just over time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JP-Hollywood
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear JP-

Thank you very much for the review and for giving us your feedback.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. However, I did notice that you had an issue with your shower curtain. I apologize for that and have reviewed your comments with both the housekeeping and maintenance teams, to see what the best plan of action might be.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Las Vegas.

San Antonio
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Very nice hotel, good location, and near restaurants, and Hard Rock Casino! Complimentary Breakfast was Great! Staff was very friendly, and comp services area was very organized and very clean! Next time we are in Vegas- will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Leticia-

Thank you very much for the review and for sharing your comments.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary cooked to order breakfast and the great feedback about the staff and our comp services area in general.

We hope to see you back again soon. Thank you for staying with us.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This hotel is worn out and dated. it has dirty flooring outdated plumbing ,old furniture and the rooms smell bad.
I am flight crew and we stay at many hotels around the country.
Embassy used to be a premium chain, but since college students ,the poor and low class folks have discovered that you can fit 15 folks in one room they are terrible.
I don't know what possessed me to try embassy again as every one I have visited in the last year suffers from being worn out and past it's prime. This one is no exception.

DONT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Check in at the Doubletree.
1 Thank Corpilot
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Corpilot,

Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback.

I am very sorry and disappointed that you didn't enjoy the hotel. I am also sorry for the feelings you have about the Embassy Suites brand. While we do appeal to a wide variety of guests, we all work to keep our hotels clean and in good repair. I am sorry we fell short.

We will use your comments to look for ways to improve our efforts.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Arrived around 6 am and was greeted warmly and told that they had a room ready for me. Room was very clean and nicely appointed. Went back downstairs for the free breakfast and as most Embassy's do had a cook to order omlet that was very good along with Starbuck's coffee that was available.

Location was great as you are off the strip, but only 5 minutes away by hotel shuttle which leaves two or three times an hour. As I was working on this trip I did not get to use this service. I came back downstairs later on and asked where was a good place to go run and the front desk agent pointed out that right across the street was UNLV's running track and that it was open to the public if I wanted to use that. I did, and it was very nice.

Highly recommend this property to anyone visiting Vegas and don't want to spend a fortune or be on the strip 24/7.

2 Thank Patrick P
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Patrick P,

Thank you very much for the review and for sharing your feedback. We appreciate the comments and thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Las Vegas.

We are glad that we were able to check you in early and that you were able to enjoy the complimentary cooked to order breakfast.

Happy to hear that you had a nice run on the UNLV track. Our location is great for our guests that like to get a run in during their stay.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our family stayed here for two nights in August. We arrived late, but had a reservation, so we expected a quick check in. Although I am an Hilton Honors members, and had saved my preferences as being away from the elevator, apparently this preference was not seen so we were initially placed right by an elevator (unless we wanted to have queen beds instead of a king). This was a little frustrating, especially with the late check-in - and fortunately the elevator was not working at the time. I was concerned that the kids (sleeping in the front portion of the room) would be awakened throughout the night. We were assured we could change rooms the next day. That room the first night was also really disappointing, after being used to Embassy Suites standards. The dresser looked like it had been patched in several areas, the bathroom vent was disgustingly dusty, the bathroom shelf looked like the bottom shelf had been removed and put back together, and the bathtub (when showering) did not drain property, so there was water standing the entire time.

The next day, we spoke with Sandra at the front desk, and explained the elevator issue. She immediately checked our reservation and information, and assured us there would be no problem in moving us for the night. She was very kind, very helpful, and very personable. We went back to our rooms and packed, but the room was not ready before we left. No worries...Sandra called us as soon as the room was ready, we returned to the hotel and moved, and had no further problems.

Breakfast, as usual, was GREAT. Omelets made to order, pancakes, French toast, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal...anything you can think of was offered. The food area was very clean, and there was plenty of space to have the meal.

I would definitely stay here again. It's not exactly within easy walking distance to the strip, and if you're looking for a quiet place off the strip, this is it. There is a shuttle available at half past the hour, to take you to the strip, and bring you back. I'm not a big fan of Vegas and the noisiness of the strip and its high prices, so this location was perfect....especially with the usual complimentary happy hour!

Room Tip: A room on the west side will eliminate noise from the airport. We didn't hear any planes taking...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear MnTLuv2Travel,

Thank you very much for the review and for giving us your feedback, both positive and negative. We appreciate the opportunity to get better and improve our service levels.

I am sorry that your initial suite wasn't in the area that you requested and that our housekeeping and maintenance efforts were lagging. It is not the cleanliness level nor condition we look to deliver.

I am glad that Sandra was able to take care of the issue the next day and things were good from there and that you were able to enjoy our complimentary cooked to order breakfast.

We hope to see you again.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The front desk and staff are superb and the rooms are comfortable as well. I stay here quite often and by and large it is always comfortable. Enjoy the little happy hour they have downstairs somewhere between 5-7pm.

Room Tip: Don't stay on second floor close to where the laundry is done by the support staff. Outside the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank RedwoodPilot
Michael V, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear RedwoodPilot,

Thank you very much for the review and for sharing your comments.

Thank you for being one of our repeat guests. We hope to see you again soon. I will pass along your comments to the staff.