“great place to stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Albany,NY
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We had a great service and enjoyed our stay! the front desk men were very helpful and gave us good advice on places to eat. Our non smoking room smelled like smoke and they sent someone right up to deodorize it. Breakfast was fantastic one of the best omlettes I've ever had! ( the cooks are funny and work very hard so even though its complimentary we tipped them every morning) Our shuttle driver at night was also great! We had a great experience and are staying there again when we go out in afew weeks. Walking distance to Unlv and they have a shuttle to bring you to the airport and to the strip. The shuttle does end at 10:30pm and it doesn't run to the airport between 2-4:00 (I think so check) but all in all it was a nice quiet place to stay. The swans were an added bonus for the kids.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Albuquerque
Reviewed 2 September 2009

Went TDY to Nellis AFB and stayed at the ES because I thought we would get a great rate (got $75 per night at the Tulsa ES back in June with the Military discount). Per diem for Military is $105 per night, ES charged me $103 plus tax because my Gov Travel Card had the wrong 6th digit, go figure. In the end my money man back in albuquerque paid the tax.

The free All you can eat breakfast and 2 hours of STRONG free drinks makes this THE place to stay. Great parking, good food, swans???

Needed towels and a phone book, they were at my door LITERALY 15 seconds after I hung up!

I faced south, no airplane noise.

The only complaint is that the shuttle to the strip ended at 1030pm. However, the driver took my group to the strip a couple of times when he didn't have to. Very nice people.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank nuke_troop
Phoenix
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We checked in around mid night. The hotel was very quiet, clean and I noticed they've done alot of upgrades to the room which was very nice. However, it doesn't matter how nice your hotel is when the service is non existant. We arrived in Las Vegas from an International flight so needless to say, we'd been traveling all day. Upon checking into the hotel we asked if there was some where on property that we could purchse milk for our infant who needed a bottle. Mind you, we didn't ask for free milk, we simply asked if there was a way we could purchase milk. You wouldn't think this would be a problem since this is a full service hotel and they have a gift shop. The security guard at the desk said he would look but immediately followed that up with "There is a CVS down the street". Needless to say, no one tried to get milk for a screaming infant as a matter of fact they had the audicity to tell us they did try but we watched from the balcany as the desk clerk and security guy continued their conversation. When I went to the desk again they told me I would have to go to CVS and resumed their conversation as though I had imposed. I've received better service from Super 8.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
CALIFORNIA
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Do not stay at this hotel! Yes the hotel is nice, however, someone from the front desk stole our credit card and racked up $1300.00 in illegal charges. The Embassy Suites and Hilton corporation have not been helpful in retribution. The only thing I can say nice about this hotel, is the breakfast chefs are very funny.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
EAST COAST
Reviewed 19 August 2009

I work for a major sports television agency, the big one and our travel office booked here. First night they overbooked the hotel so sent us down to a nicer embassy but told us because our contract was there we had to come back. Upon return then next day, we had to wait until 6p.m. to check in. The Latino girl who was the manager checked us in, and was as caring as a wet blanket. She seemed to be frustrated about something. We proceeded to the room which had a odd odor; me and my colleague were running late so time to call in and complain. When we returned, later to the hotel, the young lady behind the desk (a little over-weight) was chatting with some guy very cozy like. I hope it was not a guest or a personal friend. Any on to the BED BUGS, i took a shower (water took forever to heat up) and got ready to dive into bed and as i pull back covers, i notice dirty sheets and something moving. Called down to desk and phone just rang, upon me coming downstairs i notice same guy being cozy with desk clerk. I ask for another room and explain why and young girl tells me she is sold out. She only had a smoking room, i took that and checked out of that place first thing in the a.m., BEWARE FELLOW TRVLRS, HORRIBLE PLACE, STAFF AND CRITTERS

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank CTSPORTSGUY
Reno, NV
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Very nice ES. Staff was very nice, especially Brian in Guest Services. Rooms were clean. It was fun to see all the Koi Fish and the two swans they keep at the hotel. Nice quiet hotel off the strip. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I stayed here out of team comradarie (others wanted to accumulate Hilton points) and usually stay off the strip but at another hotel (The Orleans). The breakfast was really good and the manager's reception was better than most Embassy's I've stayed at recently (this place had cheese queso and fresh chips rather than year-old pretzels).

The location in combination with on-going road work make it a pain to get to/from, but it's nice to be able to walk across the street to the Hard Rock. The Hofbreau House is also within easy walking distance, and that place is an interesting meal and entertainment combination (once - maybe more if you really like accordian music).

If you're staying off the Strip, I expect to be able to get a plethora of channel selections on my tv - not here. Found it ironic that for a supposed "family-friendly" hotel in Vegas, the Disney Channel got "no signal" when you stepped across it.

Really nothing bad to say about the place, but when you can easily get a really nice room in Vegas for around $60 a night, paying $100+ for a standard Embassy Suites just isn't a great value.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business