“Some things lacking”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California
“Some things lacking”
Reviewed 12 March 2010

Nice to be recognized as a Hilton Honors member at check-in, however my traveling partner got a welcome package in his room, I did not. No explanation. Rooms a little musty, just did not smell clean or well ventilated. Iron was broken. Room was quiet, bathroom clean. Good breakfast although it did not open until 6:30 which was almost too late for us to make our business appt.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Enjoyed the hotel, very friendly staff. Conveniently located. If you stay make sure you see Elvis & Priscilla, they are such a lovely couple.

Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Utah
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Our family stayed one night at this Hotel. Overall, it was an excellent experience. It was typical of any of my experiences staying at any Hilton branded hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable. We have 4 kids, so we stayed in the suite, and we had plenty of room. Our kids loved the large pool, and there are two hot tubs. I'd have to say the best part of our stay was the breakfast buffet the next morning. Wow. You could order your eggs or omelette any way you wished, as well as pancakes or french toast. It was very good food, with excellent service (a person who seemed to be the manager was busily walking around, ensuring tables were cleared and checking in with us from time to time to see if we needed anything).

The only downside is it is distant from the strip (which for us, wasn't a big deal). We were a little worried when we drove up and discovered it was right next to the airport, but I didn't wake up once because of airplane noise. I was also a bit bothered that they charge you $1.00 for any phone call you make, even if it is a local call. Just use your cell phone.

Otherwise, this is a very good hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Scottsdale
Reviewed 21 February 2010

We stay at the Embassy Suites near UNLV/Hard Rock hotel every year for an "over 30" adult men's hockey tournament. They always take such good care of us and remember us from years past. (Asking us how we did in the tournament, each day, etc.) Many of the staff have been here for years, and are so friendly. We always enjoy breakfast with Armando and Billie Ray (Back after about a year away!), and Day the evening bartender. Extra thanks to Terri in Sales, who helps us coordinate our rooming list and rates. And Gina at the front desk is a great new addition!

It's a great hotel for us, and we hope to see you next year.

• Stayed February 2010
Midwest
Reviewed 24 January 2010

If you've stayed at an Embassy before, you know exactly what you are getting at this Embassy. This is a standard Embassy Suites.

Pro's:

- Quiet inside the hotel and no smoke, which is nice after coming back from the casinos.
- Two big LCD TV's
- Refrigerator
- Comfortable Couch in Sitting Room
- Great cooked to order free breakfast.

Con's:

- Some TV stations were touchy. Sometimes they got reception, sometimes they didn't. They use DishTV, so perhaps it was some reception issue, but I saw this as an issue on another review of this property.
- Manager's reception was in my opinion lame. Granted, for those who drink alcohol the beer and wine was free, but the snacks were not worth the tummy space, especially in Vegas. If I were a family I wouldn't even consider this for my children as it isn't enough to do much and it starts jut before dinner and is over before dinner hour would end. It was the same all week: vegetable tray, ranch, and some tortilla chips with salsa and nacho cheese (which I can assure you was the same cheese each day reheated.) The quality of what was there was fine, don't get me wrong, I just didn't find it very appetizing. Cheese sticks, chicken nuggets, etc would be great.

Misc:

One review suggested there was room noise from the rooms facing the incoming path of airliners coming in to land at McCarron. Because of this I took their advice and asked for a room which faced Paradise Road. If you go here, I suggest you ask for a room facing either Paradise of E. Harmon, just in case their is noise. I would venture to guess there is noise as the windows are not the sound proof windows other hotels in the area use, such as the Hard Rock across the street.

Access-

Plenty of parking, easy access to the highway, both Paradise and Swenson. If you are renting a car, here is what I do, you decide if this works for you. I rent from Hertz and do the pickup at the Hard Rock across the street as opposed to the airport Hertz. It saves you time and the rental is cheaper off the airport as there are no airport fees as part of your rental. I then return the car to the Hard Rock the night before my return flight home and take a cab in the AM.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
San Jose
Reviewed 22 January 2010

Great place to stay with an entertaining breakfast staff. 2 swans graced the atrium.
Close to the strip

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank sunnybad
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 December 2009

I'm currently staying at the Embassy Suites Las Vegas (using the free WiFi to write this review too!) and I've been mostly satisfied.

-Know what you are getting yourself into with the location before you arrive! This hotel is about a mile off the strip. I suppose you could walk, but it would be a long walk. You'll need to rely on cabs (which are easily accessible in Vegas) or the hotel shuttle, which runs to Planet Hollywood every half hour by request.

-If you're coming from the airport, DO NOT TAKE A CAB! Instead, save yourself $12+ and take the #108 bus. It's $1.75, leaves from ground level at the airport and drops you off directly in front of the hotel. Also, the hotel shuttle will drop you back off at the airport (they just won't pick you up when you arrive)

-The rooms at the hotel are very nice. They have been redone in a nice modern style with cool wall coverings, artwork, and lots of granite, dark woods and glass accents. 2 LCD TVs in each suite.

-I'm not a fan of the bathrooms here. The lighting is just AWFUL...2 small florescent bulbs is all you get and they provide little light. You'll be taking a shower in the dark when you have the curtain closed. Also, the towels here are really bad. Every towel I used either had stains on it, had holes, or felt like sandpaper. I hope they upgrade these soon because they are really unacceptable for this caliber of hotel.

-The public areas, while exceptionally clean, are dated. They too have been updated, but still have a late 80's vibe going on. Nice furnishings though and the tropical atrium is nice for kids to explore.

-The pool is very nice and big with 2 hot tubs and a waterfall. Lots of seating. Maybe a bit noisy from all the planes taking off at LAS, but I don't mind that so much.

-Great managers reception and breakfast each morning. No complaints here. Free food and booze is always welcomed by me (and those drinks were STRONG!)

-Free self parking

- Walk to Terrible's Casino next door for super cheap food. $10 steak dinners and the like. It's a local hang out, but very cool nonetheless.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo