“Second review”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Gave Daniel's a second chance and had great fast service, probably the best service I have had at any restaurant ever. Food was tasty. We will go back on our next trip.

1  Thank KAHNMAN805

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We enjoyed the breakfast here so much we ended up eating here for 3 breakfasts. Their ham steak special is unbelievable. We had ham steak breakfasts at other restaurants but none of them come close to this place. I believe they only serve it Mon-Fri. The french toast and omelet is also good. The big tall colored man that waited on us needed to have a personality adjustment...he should not be a waiter. No personality and didn't converse at all with anyone. Maybe he was the cook and was filling in. It is definately worth stopping in for breakfast, can't speak about the rest of their meals though.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I've lived in Laughlin for 13 years. Last Wednesday, I went for the two-for-one burger special at Daniel's, the restaurant inside of The Regency with an out-of-town guest. We sat at a table in the middle of the restaurant. Before we sat down our server, Joe, asked what we wanted to drink. We said we weren't sure yet and without saying a word, he turned and walked away. In the meantime, another member of the staff stopped by our table to take our drink orders. We asked for two waters, a diet soda, and two beers. She returned with the waters and the soda, set them down, and without saying a word, she walked away. We were confused as to who was the host and who was the server. We weren't upset, just confused. That's when Joe came back to clear it up for us. He asked if we'd decided what to drink yet. We told him another woman had taken our drink order to which he replied "She can't take alcohol orders." We said that was fine we just didn't realize it because she didn't tell us and he told me in a very firm voice that "HE is the waiter and SHE can't take alcohol orders." I said we understood we were just confused. He walked away from the table, visibly annoyed. At this point we didn't want to piss Joe off any further, we just wanted beers. We both ordered cheddar bacon burgers. I added avocado to mine. When the plates arrived Joe didn't seem to remember who had ordered which burger so I said mine was the one with the avocado. He set the plates down, let out a huge sigh, and turned and walked away. Less than halfway through our meal, Joe set the check down and asked if we wanted anything else. At that time, we didn't, but he never checked on us again, even when our beers were gone. He walked past our table several times but completely ignored us. We did hear him say "[--]" under his breath as he walked over to bus another table. We also observed him sitting at the restaurant's dining counter watching the game while we sat at our table with empty beer glasses, no offer of dessert, and deciding whether we should tip this man or not. In the end, we did not, and it was the first time in my life that I have ever done that. The rest of the staff seemed very friendly and the burgers were decent, I think we were just unfortunate and wound up with Joe. I will continue to frequent the casino and bar at The Regency but I will never go back to Daniel's, nor will I recommend it to anyone. It was the rudest service I have ever had in a restaurant.

6  Thank Panamint-Daisy
Reviewed 30 November 2013

It's been a long time since we have been in the Regency Casino except for Burger Wednesday. Instead of hitting our usual breakfast spot in Laughlin we decided to give Daniel's Restaurant a try. We arrived about 9am and right away noticed they were short on staff. One person was seating people, waiting on tables, clearing tables, delivering food, and helping prepare items. Looked like there was one cook as well. The server said they were waiting on additional help. Luckily, the place is small and there were only about eight tables with patrons.

At the front counter we were actually handed our silverware, napkins and menus and told to go choose wherever we felt like sitting. This was a first, even for Laughlin. The server was hustling to get everything done and was definitely overworked, with no help. Still we did get waited on fairly quickly. Since it was a weekday we were there in time for the daily breakfast specials. These definitely can't be beat. We both chose the $3.50 Bacon, Eggs, Potatoes, and Toast special. We saw other diners who ordered the Ham Steak and Pork Chop special too. They looked very good and were huge portions (for just $4.99). The food was good, eggs cooked right, two strips of crisp bacon, a good portion of breakfast potato, and a tasty bread as the toast (not a typical store brand slice). All this for just $3.50!

Daniel's also has a more extensive breakfast menu, but we couldn't pass up the great specials at those prices. Coffee was just $1.95. Strange though...here is the plastic cup they brought us cream in. It was like one you would get a side of dressing or sauce in. Either they had a shortage of individual creamer packs or no creamer dispensers.

In spite of the staff shortage, service was pretty good. Our food came out reasonably fast and hot. Breakfast with coffee for two was under $12. For these prices and a good breakfast we will be back again.

After breakfast we touched the cow in the Casino for good luck and threw $5 in a machine and hit right away for $80. This made our breakfast an even better value!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Very reasonable, the food is always good and the service great. The Friday fish fry is a real hit, as is the burgers on Wednesday and you must try Taco Tuesday. Although I do not care too much for the prime rib special on Saturday's. They also serve a pretty good breakfast.

1  Thank unknowndiner