Avi Resort & Casino
US$29
US$67
US$28
  • Pool
Edgewater Hotel & Casino(Laughlin)(Great Value!)
US$29
Travelocity
US$27
US$22
1,653 results
All reviewskids questfeathers cafecolorado rivermovie theaterbullhead citypanda expressfood courtpoolcasinomojavebingoslotsarcadelas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was our first time at the KOA RV Park at the Avi Resort & Casino in Laughlin. We made two stops here on the way to the Grand Canyon and on the way home from the GC. The RV park was clean, spacious, and the best part was the staff. Linda, at the front desk, was wonderfully inviting and personable! The security guards were also very friendly and actually did their jobs by patrolling the grounds. Since it was 110 outside, we took advantage of the amenities the Avi has to offer: movie theaters, pool, beach, and food! It was very relaxing and great for the kids. They really enjoyed the private beach! The only con I can think of was the Wi-Fi connection. It was intermittent throughout the RV park and casino, but it didn't bother us since it wasn't necessary for us to be connected. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: All of the RV spaces have full hook-ups.
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We recently stayed at AVI resort in Laughlin for 3 days, HUGE disappointment !!! I booked this hotel due to some friends recommendations thinking this was a Family oriented hotel, well, NOT !!! We have 3 small children and thought this was a great place for a getaway. They obviously are a Seniors or gamblers oriented resort, for sure. The service was awful, I think because we are not gamblers, from check in to the pool the staff is all the time asking if you have a room, they don't respect their own promotions, like food vouchers, gas vouchers, etc. But the worse thing was the attitude of the staff, they are at the defensive all the time, like if we the guest are the enemy and not their GUESTS. When I asked a Manager about all this, he told me that they had a problem with the locals trying to get in the installations for free, well that's not my problem, they should have better security controls before entering the resort, but when you are inside, wearing a wrist band and with a room key, that should not be a problem. Really sad, and even thought my kids loved the place, the room was big and clean and the pool was very nice, I'm never returning. So sad.

Room Tip: Beach tower
4  Thank SaraSandoval
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Had a great time here where there is plenty to do - relax by the pool, go down to the Colorado river, have fun at the casino... We were also very satisfied with the huge room which was amazing value for the pittance we paid.
The buffet was varied, good and again, extremely good value for money.
Any regrets?Only one - we wished we had booked more nights!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fanforlife32
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We decided to go to stop by the Avi Resort and have breakfast at the Feathers Cafe. The meal was very good and very reasonably priced. The service as very good and I would recommended this restaurant if you are staying at the Avi or in the area.

4  Thank mntcat9
Reviewed 10 August 2013

When we go to to Laughlin, we usually stay at a hotel right in town. Since I had my two children with me, ages 4 and 6, I decided to book the Avi based upon hearing about the pool. Check-in was fine. We arrived around 2:30pm and only had to wait about 5 minutes. Since my dad was with us and has trouble walking, the girl put us in the tower closest to the casino. My dad's room was in the main hallway, leading from the casino and I would avoid that section. People walking up and down the hallway, all hours of the night. Someone also thought it was funny to keep changing the room sign from do not disturb, to make up room.

Rooms: The rooms themselves were fine. Average size and not too noisy, despite the fact that we were on the lowest level. Nothing special. Our room backed to a parking lot and the two nights we stayed there, people were letting off the fireworks that they sell on site. It was loud for about 30 minutes but then it was fine.

Pool: The pool is what disappointed me the most. I had heard all of these great things about it but I didn't think it was that great. It was actually cloudy and dirty. We had to stay on the kids' side, so I didn't get a chance to check out the adult section. There were plenty of lounge chairs by the pool. Warning, you can't bring your own food or drinks into the pool area, unless the items were purchased from their food court. They were VERY strict with this and checking bags. You also can't have any type of floaties, aside from a life vest in the pool. No water toys either. We had brought squirt guns to shoot each other and the girl made us put them away. They also told someone playing with a beach ball to put that away too. We didn't go down by the river but took a walk and looked at the area. It was pretty crowded and there were EZ Up tents people had brought lines up and down the river bank. The swim area was roped off and looked pretty small.

Food Court: Always crowded and customer service stunk at the pizza place! I had been waiting in line for about 30 minutes and a lady walked right up on the other end of counter and ordered a slice of pizza. The girl working the counter helped her before me, even though I had been waiting a long time. I was very upset and I told the girl working the counter, that I had been there way before the lady. She apologized and said she knew that but I still don't understand why she helped the other lady before me, when I had clearly been waiting a long time with my 6 year old daughter.

Slot Machines: We didn't win at slots but both my dad and I won on the video poker machines. I played Deuces Wild and won $250 and throughout the course of two days, my dad won around $1,500. He got a Royal Flush once and 4 deuces 3 times.

I am not sure if I would stay here again. Without kids, I definitely would not and would stay at the Aquarius, as they have much nicer rooms. I would really have to think hard about staying here, if I were to bring my kids again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family