1,760 results
All reviews kids quest feathers cafe colorado river private beach movie theater panda express boat launch food court pool casino mojave bingo arcade slots las
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel sucks. When it comes to acknowledging a charge error, the ate completely incompetent. My travel companion provided a card to pay for the room, but ask me to use my card for the room deposit. These dummies charged us both the full cost of the room and todate we are still haggling for a refund. This is not rocket science. I will never stay again. They made no effort to accommodate us for this error and again we are still waiting on a refund. Bad business practices. Now there saying they will refund buy check less 100.00 dollars. .... because it was refunded as a hold. LIES!!!!!!!!!NEITHER OF US GOT 100 BACK ON OUR CARDS. THEIVES.

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank MJ717
Reviewed 15 September 2013

There are many facilities : casino, restaurants, bars, swimming pool with spa, beach on the Colorado river. My room was clean and quite big. The buffet diner was good. The spa (jacuzzi) was pleasant and there was a good music band at the bar. I definitely recommend this hotel for a short-medium stay

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jean-Yves B
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed at the Avi for the first time. We usually stop in on our way home from Laughlin for breakfast. Liked the looks of the pool and the fact that they have a beach on the river so we thought we'd give it a try. At check-in we sadly realized we did not get a room in the "pool tower" as we requested. We wanted to be there so we could be close to pool and my 86 year old mom could be close to bingo. We had to tromp through the casino to go to the pool and my mom had to hoof it a long way with her walker to get to the bingo. The room was ok, seemed to be clean, but we had a nice view of nothing and the old fashioned air conditioner was noisy. The pool was nice except for a couple of rude staff members and rules about no float rafts that is not posted anywhere near the pool, in the hotel or on their website. There is a sign near check in that actually says "Our guests float for free!" Hmmmmm There are security constantly roaming the pool keeping the kids out of the adult side and telling people they cannot have their drinks in the pool. Some people were told they couldn't bring in their own drinks or food and others were openly drinking and eating stuff that they did bring in. We eventually ignored the rude girl at pool check in and quietly floated on our rafts for at least 6 hours. When the new shift arrived, they told us they were not allowed and we were told to remove them from the pool. Really? The casino is fairly small and they have a food court and a nice movie theater showing current movies. The buffet is a buffet. Liked the beach area and being able to put our feet in the river, but the mosquito's were abundant and there were red ants in the sand, so our time spent there was short. People coming in from their boats were complaining of the mosquito infestation on the river. Their promotions are not very exciting and they don't give new card members anything special. I have a feeling their comps are very slim also. We go to Laughlin a few times each year and we never pay for rooms, always getting free rooms at Tropicana and Riverside. I asked the front desk about Thanksgiving time asking if they do anything special for the guests and they said no, they are not very busy that time of year. A fellow guest who stays there quite a bit said they have a really fun party for Superbowl. I might stay there again, just because the pool is nice and I like having the movies there and the golf course looks nice. It was too hot to play this trip.

Room tip: Ask for pool tower, river view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Gail G
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was my first time to this hotel in Laughlin and I learned a valuable lesson, to make sure your reservations are confirmed for EACH night you are staying. I had made my reservation over the phone for 2 nights and had my confirmation number. To my pleasant surprise when we checked in we were given an upgraded room because we arrived to the hotel late and the "normal" rooms were already booked and this was the only one available. The room was great, 4th floor, beach tower with views of the river below. The next morning I went to the front desk to ask a couple questions and was told that I would need to check-out of my current room and move to a new one, but I was also told, the new room would be ready in about an hour. No problem I though, I'll just go eat breakfast. I came back after breakfast and the room was still not ready and I was then told it would be a couple hours. So I had to go pack all our stuff and put it into the hot car. It was not until 4:30p that my room was ready and it was not even the correct room I reserved. The front desk apologized but could not do anything as the hotel was completely booked. So for the first night it was wonderful, but the second night failed.

Room tip: Beach Tower in the middle of the hotel has the best views of the river
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stay at the Avi resort this past lon weekend for one night and decided to go gamble , will i played for over an hour in the tables and I never got the drink that I order , the cocktail waitress would come around almost every 2 hours , the next day i woke up with bug bites all over my body and found bed bugs in the mattress..... I would never recommned or stay at the Avi resort again!!!!

Room tip: Don't Stay Here!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends