“Great hotel but far away from everything”

Avi Resort & Casino
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I visit relatives all the time in Laughlin and stay in the hotels there a lot. Avi has wonderful rooms: spacious and clean and very comfortable. My only gripe is that it appears to have zero coverage for my cell phone carrier (T-Mobile). My iPhone was completely dead, even for phone calls. Also, Avi is out in the desert and pretty remote from everything else. If you don't gamble, there's a beautiful swimming pool and a movie theater, and I think the buffet is one of the best in Laughlin. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dleifker
Write a ReviewReviews (1,643)

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This place was a good place for the family. The pool area was very nice and the beach was a nice pluse. They have a grassy area that the kids ran around and had a blast. The casino wasn't that smokey like others. I enjoyed the 24 hr café for my midnite eating cause im pregnant. The bathroom was my only complaint because it was lacking some towel racks and towels it should have had. They also didn't have extra pillows for me when I called for some. I would stay here agin with my family.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was very apprehensive when I discovered that, in a panic to find a room in our "goal-city" of the travel day, we'd booked ourselves into a casino on a reservation way south of Laughlin. We neither gamble or smoke.
Happily, the room was smoke-free, and after requesting a quiet room on an end, the employee delivered. True it was a Monday night and the resort was only about 1/3 full, but I didn't hear a sound all night.
It's fun how they made a man-made beach complete with thatched umbrellas right next to the river.
So, if you find yourself in need of a cheap, clean and quiet room on the border between California and Arizona, The Avi is not a bad choice even for those who are not partiers.

Room Tip: On an end in the north wing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank a2grdtcher
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I will never stay here again. I booked the beach tower room. I get there and they don't have my room & said it wasn't in there notes. Tried giving me a smoking room after I told them I don't smoke. Then tried giving me a room with one bed. Saying it was a upgrade because it had a jacuzzi. I said I have a 9 year old with me why would I want a jacuzzi. Then they called security like I am the bad guy. Out the blue security just stood next to me. They seen I wasn't doing anything wrong so they left. I never once raised my voice or cursed at any of the staff. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Mrs J
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We arrived Friday just after dinner time. Checking in was quick and easy at the front desk. We ate dinner at the buffet and found it to be pretty good. Food was tasty and had a good variety of options available. After dinner we went to our room and found it to be quite suitable. Beds were comfy and clean. (Personally I really liked the beds.) The shower was a little on the small side but it worked and wasn't really a big deal. Casino was smokey. :( Kind of wish they were none smoking with a smaller smoking area...again not a big deal just not pleasant for me to be forced to breath the smoke. Pool area was really great and we spent all day Saturday there with the 4 kids (aged 5-15) hot tub was in perfect working order and the water was nice and hot!! Kids went Saturday evening to see a movie at the theater that is onsite while the little one went to the Kids Quest (sitter service). Overall we had a very pleasant experience and we would definitely come back for a weekend stay. We did find out while we were there that the ArrowWeed Lounge was not going to have live music anymore...so sad! We love a good band playing live music!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EverywhereAndBack01
Reviewed 18 February 2014

While staying in Bull Head City/ Laughlin, we decided to try this place out. It's a short drive from there and we wanted a change of casino scenery. Not a bad casino at all. Plenty of variety, ample parking, courteous staff. I guess I have a warm spot for it because I walked out with $600 of their money, even though they got some back on another trip. Be aware that there is a lot of old coin spitting machines here which I found out by accident. It can be a real pain if you cash a jackpot.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TechyD
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is an ok hotel! it's got a bit of everything that you could need! restaurants, casino, bars! its comfy and clean but a little smoky which is weird for me being English! drinks are very expensive though.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank womblefur
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
11 mi away
#4 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Avi Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!