“What Happened to Avi in Lughlin”

Avi Resort & Casino
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
red river, nm
“What Happened to Avi in Lughlin”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Evidently the economy is getting better. Avi in Laughlin Nv has raised prices. Some of them are as much as 300%. I live in Bullhead City and I visited Avi at least once a week for the breakfast special. .99. It is now 2.99. I always dropped at least 30.00 in a slot while there. The slot I liked was .75 and is now 1.25. I partaked in the buffet every time I was there and liked the two for one. The two for one used to be two times per week and has now gone to once per week. I always like the prime rib. Guess it went away. The last time I was there, last week, the buffet was very lacking in what I had experienced in the past. What happened.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank redrivermajor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I and 4 friends met up in Laughlin and decided to stay at the Avi. We booked 2 rooms. Usually when we go somewhere, even though we ask, we never get rooms next to each other. At the Avi, it was no problem! When booking online, there were no non-smoking rooms available. When we called, staff said "no problem". When we arrived, the valet helped us immediately with a big smile on his face and transported all our bags and "stuff" to our room in a timely manner, no problem. As we were walking around the front of the casino, the new manager came up to us, introduced himself, and later while we were eating lunch, offered to comp tickets to the evenings concert at the hotel! No Problem! When we called housekeeping to ask for shower caps and more towels because there were more than 2 people in the room, staff were there promptly with more than necessary products and smiles on their faces. No problem! We checked out on the TV, we called our friendly valet and he came and picked up all our stuff from both rooms, without rushing us, had our car waiting, gave us directions to Oatman, and sent us on our way after a very enjoyable trip. No problem. We will return!

Room Tip: When we booked online, only smoking rooms were available. After booking, I called hotel and staff go...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barbara M
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights during the week in April, we got a river view room. It was spacious, high ceilings, had a coffee maker and hair dryer, no mini fridge. All rooms have in room ac units, we did not have to use ours even though it was quite warm outside, the room faced north. There is a Subway, Panda Express, Sabro Pizza and a ice cream place in the food court, they have an Italian rest, a cafe, steak house and buffet. I thought the food was reasonably priced, subway had $5 footlongs so no airport type pricing.. The resort features a nice beach on the river, boat ramp to launch your boat, a great swimming pool area with spa, and golf course and a KOA campground with RV hookups. The casino has low budget gambling and something I hardly ever see, 5 cent video poker with near full pay tables. Craps and BJ are $3. Your gambling dollar keeps you playing much longer here than most casinos I know of. The drink servers are very attentive. The place caters to retirees and families so a nice crowd. I don't see people arriving by plane, but you could fly into Laughlin ( really Bullhead, AZ ) and rent a car or cab for the 15 mile drive. It seems like the place you drive to, cooler packed and ready for a relaxing fun weekend on the river. While it is on Indian land across the river and about 2 miles away is Fort Mohave, AZ there is Safeway, BoA and other stores for supplies, and cheap AZ gas for the car. There is a smoke shop/gas/c store on the premises for the Avi resort. There really seems to be something for everyone.

Room Tip: I liked the room facing the river in the beach tower. We had the 5th floor, no noise from the pool i...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mykomyko
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I came in this hotel last february. This hotel is very good, clean resort, has spacious rooms and service is good. The foods was very good and the staff was friendly and great. I feel comfortable staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Denmark, Maine
Reviewed 14 April 2014

A perfect place for family weekend. Search, cinema, swimming pool great for kids and adults. Rooms were very clean.
Night and day, you can buy something to eat downstairs near-area casinos. We liked the hotel and had a good night

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Leander, Texas, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We spent a day here on our latest week long trip to Laughlin. It is an "Indian Reservation", but it is also completely businesslike. The only thing "Indian" is the corporate Indian-like decor. It is about 7 miles from the rest of the casinos in Laughlin, but I think it was worth the drive. The food was great and very reasonable, the poker tables were low stakes and fun, the casino was extremely clean, and the staff was plentiful and friendly. There was a nice food court with lots of choices, and a well-stocked gift shop. We would go there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GailGee
Nevada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I visit relatives all the time in Laughlin and stay in the hotels there a lot. Avi has wonderful rooms: spacious and clean and very comfortable. My only gripe is that it appears to have zero coverage for my cell phone carrier (T-Mobile). My iPhone was completely dead, even for phone calls. Also, Avi is out in the desert and pretty remote from everything else. If you don't gamble, there's a beautiful swimming pool and a movie theater, and I think the buffet is one of the best in Laughlin. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dleifker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
#4 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Avi Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!