“My review of the Riverside”

Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
san diego
“My review of the Riverside”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I had another great stay at the Riverside. Check-in could have been a major hassle, but the young lady behind the counter was very good. For some reason they had me checking in the week before and had me staying in two rooms (at the same time! - I had two free stay coupons and they reserved me two different rooms). Well like I said the lady behind the counter fixed all the mistakes. I stayed in room 1207 - north side of the North Tower. I think these are the best rooms because you see both sides of the river, and the damn. Just a great view. I will say that they were doing some construction work and I could hear the diesel engines and when they backed up I could hear the beeping. The room itself was very nice: clean, TV was adequate with enough channels and the bath room was clean. The bedding though was not great. There was no fitted sheet for the bed so when I moved around it became un-tucked. The maid service was prompt and adequate; all of the service people throughout the casino were very nice and professional. Just a great stay - can't wait for my next trip this summer. Viva Laughlin!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side of the North Tower - an excellent view of both sides of the river.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank laughlinorbust

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2011

It's been some years since I've stayed here, they have made some nice upgrades to the place. The buffet is still poor.

Room Tip: If can get an upgraded corner room they are sweet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank withvalidity
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This has been our second year in a row staying at the Riverside, in the pet wing right on the river with a wonderful view of the Colorado River and the beautiful landscape of Arizona across the river. Our first visit was a very pleasant visit, and our most recent visit was terrible. We almost got very sick by the fumes of their cleaning solution they use every time they clean a room after each guest stay. It had made our first night terrible. We stayed in the room for a few hours when we had checked in, thinking the smell would go away, but it hadn't, it kept getting stronger and stronger, as it was also coming from the vents from other rooms, we had notified the night time manager, he said he couldn't do anything right then (not even switch rooms) and that we would have to wait until the morning to speak with customer relations, and so we did, and though customer relations were trying to do their best in giving us another room in one of the Towers, they were refusing to acknowledge the fumes in the corridor and the room. We did take a look at another room in the north tower on the fifth floor, it was a nicer room with a nice view, but still they had this awakening cleaning solution odor throughout the Tower room and corridor, it's an oily detergenty cover up smell that just stays on you and your belongings. We turn down their offer on the other room, and decided to leave and go to another Hotel, a few Hotels down called the Pioneer Hotel. Riverside gave us a refund from the first night, and did not charge us for the remaining nights reservation, but the reservation hold that they do put on the credit card, stayed on our card for over a week. It won't drop off sooner unless you have the hotel call your credit card company if you want to access to your funds on the credit cards sooner. I think that is the norm for the other Laughlin Casino hotels as well as to holds. While the view of the Colorado River is beautiful from the Buffet, the Dinner Buffet at the Riverside is not worth it, it is terrible, the lunch buffet is a little bit better. The Prime Rib Room Restaurant on the second floor in contrast is excellent. I highly recommend it for dinner, sometimes you may have to make reservations as it gets busy, but the wait staff there are attentive, and the Prime Rib was some of the best in years. The Prime Rib room is buffet style in terms of salad, baked potaoes with toppings and desserts. The entree is served table side. A very affordably priced dinner with a stunning view. Best to time dinner to see the sunset to twilight. Laughlin is a wonderful bargain destination to get away to, but the hotels there are getting old and rundown, and needing alot of face lifts.

Room Tip: Examine room before committing to it.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank David H

Travellers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

milwaukee, wi
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Last July I took a Charter trip to Laughlin Nv. We stayed at the Riverside Hotel and Casino. Nice Hotel and Casino. The Buffet was O.K. for the price and service was good. There are 9 other Hotel-Casinos in Laughlin. They are all on the River and very pleasant to watch the boats on the River. They all have a variety of Shows. I enjoyed the Water Taxi's to get from one Casino to another. I earned enough points so that I didn't pay for any of my meals for Five days that I was there. The points add up quickly. Being a Penny game player I know in Vegas you don't get much in Comps so I was pleasantly surprised by a Casino host offering me $40.00 in any Restraunt at the Riverside. I have played for years in Vegas But if this is the way Laughlin treats people I will go there instead of Vegas. After seeing the resorts in Vegas I don't think I am missing anything by going to Laughlin. I am not interested in the Fancy Rest. or the shows so until they build something new in Vegas that is a MUST see, I will continue to go to laughlin....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank twety
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Sun Country Airlines brought us to the Riverside for a four day gambling junket. Airlines exceptional, Boeing 737-800 wide body. Transfers were seemless, very impressed. The Resort is a tad dated as compared to the newer swank type resorts of Vegas, but remember this is NOT!! Vegas. There is no check-in, or check out because they handle that all at the airport, very clever and effiecient. The room was Holiday inn class, Clean and Quiet except hearing the Jets taking off and landing at Bullhead, actually kinda neat because they only fly-in and out during day hours. Great view of the crystal clear river and Black mountains. Riverside's food quality was excellent as we ate at other casinos while there and NONE compared. Gambling was O.K., We found Riverside probobly the tightest in all yet after trying all the casinos, I think you have to accept which one feels most comfortable to you and go with that. Day trip to Oatman and Gold mine tour is highly recommended. Riverwalk is nice and the water taxi"s can get you to Harrahs for a few bucks. Customer service I thought was excellent, Overall, I would highly recomend this type of short vacation- getaway

Room Tip: Even Number South Tower, direct view of Black moutains and Colorado River
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank renobob7
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Made reservations last minute thru tripres.com, supposed to be river vw non-smoke. Ended up with hot tub vw in east wing due to hubby having to use walker. This is pet wing altho didn't hear dogs except in hallway. Closer to river walk, didn't have to wait on elevator. Would like river view next time.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Karenbruder
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Paid $130 a night to get a nice room in Laughlin. Was promised a room in the South Tower. Not available?!?!? Corner room with great view. No room darkening drapes. Flimsy verticle blinds. Blinking lights lit the room all night. Very noisy. Finally took a blanket and slept on the floor in the closet!

• Stayed November 2011
6 Thank Gwen W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
#5 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort? Share your experiences!