“Family Resort - reasonable prices.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Gallup, New Mexico
“Family Resort - reasonable prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

My family of four had a great time at the Riverside. A must in Laughlin for families. There is so much to do and the food is good and reasonable priced, everything is reasonably priced. The rooms are decent.

--Things to do right on sight:--

Movie theater
Bowling Alley
Kids Castle (like kids quest - supervised childrens activities)
Swimming Pool
River tour
Day Spa
Full Service Casino

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MikeStarrJr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Menifee, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

The Riverside Resort is competitively priced for the area, and the rooms are "hotel basic", except for spectacular, direct river views on one side. Plusses were blackout curtains (essential for the river side), a long bathroom counter, daily maid service, and fast elevators. Gamblers can choose from a non-smoking or smoking casinos, and family friendly activities include swimming, a car museum (with some exceedingly rare vehicles), gift shops, bowling, a Kid Castle, and a six screen movie theater. The views are great from the aptly named Riverview Restaurant (a coffee shop), and two other restaurants offer prime rib and European cuisine. The only drawback is that patrons of Dreyer's, Cinnabon, and Pizza Hut have to traipse through the smoking section of the casino. Staff were friendly and helpful. Fans of river recreation can be at Lake Meade in just a few minutes. There is an extensive river boardwalk that allows guests to enjoy the casinos and restaurants of adjacent properties.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a river view room in the South Tower (the newest section of the hotel). Anyone wa...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mammoth56_13
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Best staff ever,rooms very clean,food choices the best,my 8th year going here,hopefully many more,keep up the good friendly atmosphere,i go here 3 to 4 times a year,and would highly recommend the riverside,much more friendly then las vegas

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Robert A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

This was our first time staying in laughlin so we decided to stay at the riverside . We usually stay at hotels based on reviews of prior guest but since it was 4th of July we didn't have much time to do any research hotels were being booked up fast. But luckily the riverside had rooms available so once we booked our room I started reading reviews and they didn't speak very highly of the riverside so we were a little apprehensive to say the least . But from day 1it was awesome our room had a nice view of the strip comfortable beds very clean rooms we had dinner and lunch at the riverside buffet food was super good best fried chicken we have ever eaten . The waitress's were very friendly and the view of the river was super cool . We took our 16 yr old son along with us and had a great time at the bowling alley and swimming pool the Riverside is very family friendly hotel . We were very impressed with the overall stay and would recommend Don Laughlins Riverside Hotel to all family and friends looking forward to coming back

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Vlgcc
Palm Springs, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

My Husband and I were spending our 15 year wedding Anniversary..I had booked a riverside room on june 1oth.When we arrived I asked for the room and they were all booked..We were given a room on the South Tower.I also asked for a balcony and we were given access to the roof instead and we had no view at all..Kids were running up and down the hallways, ice machine was empty,..Beds very uncomfortable..I will never stay here again..We had lunch at the riverview Resturant..Our waitress was Mary and she was the worst..We asked for 2 beers and she complained out loud and said I have to go to the bar as if she didn't want to..She was not pleasant at all..The food was perfect..She gave us our check and didn't bother to ask us if there's any thing else you would like..I didn't even give her a Tip..My Suggestion don't stay here and I will never return here again..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Cindy H

Travellers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

We paid to upgrade to a River View room, but I think maybe the rooms are all very similar.
The carpet is threadbare, the furniture and decor are outdated (Except for the TV), the bedskirts were ripped, the wallpaper was torn and the paint in the bathroom was peeling off the wall. There is no fan in the bathroom so the whole room gets very hot after a shower. Highly in need of a re-model.
If you are looking for a cheap place that is just OK stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lulu2
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I took the package deal from Houston and we were an hour late taking off on Sunday afternoon but otherwise the flight was smooth, the shuttle transportation quick and I got the room that I requested in the NORTH TOWER. I can't emphasize enough that the regular rooms on the 10th floor of the NORTH TOWER are remodeled with new beds and a new LG tv. My room was clean and room 1000 at the end of the hall on the 10th floor but I still had a balcony with a view of the river and peace and quiet. I stayed there June 23-27th. The glass elevator desperately needed cleaning and the elevators at times were malfunctioning but the price was right and I had a very good stay. The a/c at times was not adequate but they were having higher than normal June temps in Laughlin. The prices in the gift shop were a little lower than other hotels. The hotel give you very few toiletries and the soap is like washing with sandpaper so do take your own shampoo and body wash with you. Also, while housekeeping did always clean my room early in the day they did not refill the plastic cups in the bathroom so I had to keep my cups to reuse later as I was near an ice machine and had some drinks with me. All the staff that I interacted with were helpful. The South Tower pool area could have used a little cleaning and the pool was not real clean. I knew enough from experience not to gamble in the casino there as the slots are really tight. The desserts in the Bingo Paradise hall were delicious--had a killer piece of chocolate cake one night there and the staff at Bingo Paradise was very friendly and accommodating. The Riverside looked cleaner to me this time than it had in years.

Room Tip: 10th floor of North Tower.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank starflet63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,531 reviews

Been to Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort? Share your experiences!