“Very Good Value and Service”

Minato Japanese & Korean
Ranked #24 of 89 Restaurants in Laughlin
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We had their bento box lunch specials. Quality was good, large portions and great service. Will definitely stop by again when we're in Laughlin.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This restaurant might seem out of the way for some (on the second floor of a strip mall across from most of the casinos in Laughlin). The decor was alright, not extraordinary, with Japanese music videos playing on one tv, sports (muted) playing on another. The sushi chef was working in plain view of the restaurant (seating at the "sushi bar" was an option).

The restaurant was fairly empty the night we were there, so I'm not sure if that helped, but the service was quite efficient and friendly enough.

We ordered one of the sushi combo platters and the tuna shashimi. Both were very nice. The complimentary miso soup and cucumber salad were both flavourful and appreciated. I was surprised to only have a house saki on the menu, but it is possible the saki isn't a big seller.

This meal was a nice change from the more standard "American" offerings in Laughlin.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Great place to eat. The miso soup is very flavorful not weak like in other restaurants. The cucumber salad also is very good. Both are complimentary. We tried the salmon lovers sushi and it was great. The seafood dynamite was a little on the sweet side but very good. Our friend had the calamari tempura. Large strips of calamari covered with a very light tempura. The calamari was very tender. The staff was friendly and talkative. We had an excellent meal and will eat here again before we leave.

2  Thank Paul T
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have lived in Laughlin for many years and Minato's is one of my favorite places in town to eat. If I have visiting guests I always make sure to have at least one meal there. Service is very good and always friendly. I also like the fact that Minato's is not located inside of a casino, it makes parking so much easier. Minato's recently changed owners but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that not much has changed. The Vampire Roll is excellent, as is the Caterpillar Roll. I tried the Laughlin Roll for the first time last weekend and while I'm not a huge fan of cream cheese inside of sushi it was a very good roll to represent our charming little town. The California Roll always tastes fresh and is served at the right temperature. The tempura is perfectly crispy and is served with a delicate dipping sauce. I was disappointed to discover that the vegetable tempura appetizer no longer comes with two pieces of shrimp but to be fair, I didn't notice if it is still listed on the menu that way. I will check on my next visit.

1  Thank Panamint-Daisy
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I am a proud resident of Laughlin and have been for 18 years...Minato's represents fine Japanese dinning at its best. Unknown to many, (at this posting) new people have stepped into ownership, but alas, NOTHING has really changed...the food and the service are still impeccable and I feel quite confident anyone who enters their doors will leave with a smile on their face and a pat on their tummy.....