“Food good... Service not so much”

Hickory Pit Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 86 Restaurants in Laughlin
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Food good... Service not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We came to eat here for my Mother's Birthday, their were seven of us(between ages 35-58) The server made everyone feel uncomfortable, she was like a rude robot. She made you feel rushed and if you asked a question she would roll her eyes and answer like a robot. Two of the meals came out incorrect(One was the Birthday lady) and she didn't seem to care much. Now the server assistant Lenora was AMAZING, she picked up all of the servers slack.(Can't remember the name or lady server, just that she has sand blonde, short hair) Lenora also took the time to keep refilling bread and drinks and even brought out a Birthday cake for us to sing to my Mom.
When we were done and paying the server says "oh was there a Birthday?" ugghhh....
Now. the food did taste great. My Caesar salad with Chicken was amazing. The stuffed cheese bread really yummy.

• Visited October 2013

Laughlin, Nevada
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

On August 19, 2013, I called to make reservations at the Hickory Pit in the Edgewater Hotel & Casino for the following day at 5:15 pm. I was told I could not make reservations for 5:15; it would have to be 5:00 or 6:00 pm. I made the reservation for 5:00 pm, and asked our incoming guests to please arrive earlier than planned. When we arrived on time, there were very few tables seated. We were brought to a table right next to the kitchen. Noting the almost empty restaurant, I asked if we might have a different table, and we were told the only other place was on the other side of the kitchen. When we were seated, we had to constantly try to get the attention of a server for water, drinks, etc. The meal was of good quality, but the poor service and attitude made it less than a satisfying experience. Following the meal, we left after paying our bill and tip. By then, the restaurant was still approximately half filled. When we looked at our credit card billing, we noticed we had been charged twice for the meal. Once without the tip, and once with the tip. The restaurant corrected their error, but the entire experience was one I would not wish to repeat. This is the first time in 69 years that I have publicly complained about a restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Nancy T
New Mexico
“Hickory Pit Steakhouse great place great food !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Hickory Pit Steakhouse great place great food !
about 20 of use had steak and lobster here on saturday night 7/9/13
the food was outstanding the staff was firat class !
if your in the Laughlin area you need to give the Hickory Pit Steakhouse in the Edgewater hotel casina a try !
Eddie DeLuca,
King of the Cage

• Visited September 2013
Salinas, California
“A great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I usually come to Laughlin via Las Vegas so be mindful of the context of my comparisions. However, Laughlin is best known for its value & Hickory Pit satisfies on all counts. I dined here two nights in a row with a friend. It was satisfying to see that Julie, the maitre'd for the 10 - 12 years that I've been coming is still at it. All I can remember is the last dinner, lobster tail, which was as satisfying as expected. There was a minor disagreement with our waiter, who served creamed spinach (on the menu) when I asked for sauteed (not on the menu but they will make it). My friend and I tasted teh creamed spinach and we can not recommend it. However, that was a minor item and we did not let it ruin our good mood and good feeling for this place.

• Visited July 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
“Great food & atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have eaten here each time we have been in Laughlin whether we stay at the Edgewater/ Colorado Belle or at other casinos & each time the food has been exceptional. I would highly recommend the Hickory Pit restaurant to any one who enjoys excellent food. Best to make reservations or the wait is very long
Enjoy!!